Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thanks for all the fun on Ilum, Ebon Hawk - and Bioware!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Ebon Hawk
Thanks for all the fun on Ilum, Ebon Hawk - and Bioware!

silvershadows
03.04.2013 , 11:13 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBror View Post
I can easily see this both ways. Yea people are pissed and Get their panties all in a bunch.. Trolling and getting them to rage isnt exactly a nice community minded thing to do..
I really don't think I was actually trolling. I only said the thing about PM owning mid twice, and both instances are in the collage - and just as an fyi for everyone I *never* intended for anyone to pay me credits to turn in their orb, it was tongue-in-cheek, and I meant for people to come up and /love me or /hug me or /kiss me or /beg or whatever.

Some people did, and they got to turn in their orbs! If they had handed me cash, I would have given it right back.

So yeah, I don't think I was really trolling, I was pvping in a pvp zone My comments in general chat were few and far between, really. I actually usually have general chat off but I turned it on while I was out on Ilum so I could see if anyone was raging - and they sure were!

All that said, I would never crash a cantina RP party or anything - I used to be a pretty hardcore roleplayer back in the days of text based MUDS and dungeons and dragons, so I would feel bad (and not a little hypocritical) if I bothered people who were RP'ing.

... Though I have been known to do a disapproving emote or two when I see particularly bad roleplay or overtly sexual roleplay in the fleet cantina. Just last night some sith was talking about how she keeps Jaesa around for when she's feeling "naughty," which was promptly followed by my sorc blowing chunks over the cantina railing.
Avatia Twist Elonia
Deception Assassin-Bodyguard Mercenary-Darkness Assassin
Hundred-Year Darkness - The Harbinger

silvershadows
03.04.2013 , 11:13 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Preliat View Post
If you get ganked in open world PvP, you know what you do? You make a joke out of it. I've gotten ganked so many times while trying to grind out the Gree affection and you know what my revenge was?

<Guild of Person Who Ganked Me> recruiting lots of players they don't actually recruit for inappropriate things with Kephiss.

Why? Because I get lots of tells from people saying that's either hilarious or disturbing, and also because it shows that I'm not mad, I just want my own form of payback since I can't gank their Elite War Hero toons. Have fun with it, gang. It's a video game.
Excellent attitude to have

Thank you for not getting your boxers in a bunch!
Avatia Twist Elonia

jasonthelamb
03.04.2013 , 11:33 AM | #23
Lol I remember Jontron's rage episode.

silvershadows
03.04.2013 , 11:33 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by jasonthelamb View Post
Lol I remember Jontron's rage episode.
It was worth many giggles!
Avatia Twist Elonia

DarthBror
03.04.2013 , 11:50 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by silvershadows View Post
I really don't think I was actually trolling.
Whatever.. Even if you were.

Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBror View Post
They are in a PVP AREA.. So all my sympathy goes out the window..
What u thought the BIG RED warning and flag by your name was for decoration.

I can understand the "extorsion" thing getting out of hand. But like you said.

Quote: Originally Posted by silvershadows View Post
I- and just as an fyi for everyone I *never* intended for anyone to pay me credits to turn in their orb, it was tongue-in-cheek, and I meant for people to come up and /love me or /hug me or /kiss me or /beg or whatever.

Some people did, and they got to turn in their orbs! If they had handed me cash, I would have given it right back.
I think emotions and feelings went off the chart. Then it was just a cluster.. Anyway..

Back to biz as usuall.
MORT: Ganster of Love
PAXIMPERIUS
Website | Recruitment Thread

DarthPanopticus
03.04.2013 , 02:08 PM | #26
I'm glad people are still having fun discussing this subject.

The only thing I find ironic about the original post is that it does not contain mention of how the O.P. was so mad at being killed repeatedly by the Silent Council on Illum that when she was doing a pugged Xeno Analyst boss fight one of the SC members invited to the ops group was advised by a member of her own guild that they better drop the SC tag just to avoid the drama that would be created if they wore it.

The only reason I bothered to take the time to make this post is because I know for a fact that the O.P. didn't like it when the shoe was on the other foot. I seriously considered not saying anything but the degree to which they are promoting their actions on Illum in combination with their response to suffering the same sort of treatment makes the initial post seem extremely hypocritical.

If you are going to glorify being a "blackhat" and post screenshots of you making lots of people mad by ganking them in a PvP zone, perhaps you might want to rethink your anger at my guild for doing the same to you in response to your "blackhat" status.

Personally, I thought this event was lots of fun and was a great success. What most people don't realize is that even though I spent most of my time guarding lines and protecting people against gankers, the reason I chose to do that is because I love PvP and all the self-proclaimed pvp elite of the server had chosen to farm under geared RP and PvE players instead of fighting each other. By declaring war against the "blackhats" I was just making sure that we got a real challenge fighting the pvp'ers of the server.

My only regret about the event was that once an organized force like the Silent Council showed up to defend people, most of the blackhats seemed to mysteriously disappear and pick another instance to do their business on.

Apparently they weren't fond of being killed repeatedly either.

Anyway, I've said what I came here to say and probably made some enemies in doing so by exposing the fact that even the "blackhats" didn't like being farmed on Illum anymore than the "carebears"... so I'll take my leave of this thread and depart by saying this...

"Dear OP, I'm glad you had so much fun killing people during this event! The Silent Council gets lots of pleasure killing people like you and we'll be waiting for the opportunity to do so again in the near future."

See you on Illum!
Darth Panopticus of the Silent Council
* WEBSITE * SITH ARCHIVES *

AsiriusNazriel
03.04.2013 , 03:12 PM | #27
Mort, you just quoted yourself ftw.

My favorite line was Splitbolt "ganna slap that thong right outa u", can we perhaps make that into a song or a poem at least?
Pax Imperius & Pax Dominus
Arash a.k.a. "Chuck Norris of PVP"

DarthBror
03.04.2013 , 03:54 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by AsiriusNazriel View Post
Mort, you just quoted yourself ftw.

My favorite line was Splitbolt "ganna slap that thong right outa u", can we perhaps make that into a song or a poem at least?
auto tune.. lol

Yea. I like quoting myself. Im really that big a douche IRL. lol just ask Infidel. hahahahahah
MORT: Ganster of Love
PAXIMPERIUS
Website | Recruitment Thread

silvershadows
03.04.2013 , 04:55 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthPanopticus View Post
I'm glad people are still having fun discussing this subject.

The only thing I find ironic about the original post is that it does not contain mention of how the O.P. was so mad at being killed repeatedly by the Silent Council on Illum that when she was doing a pugged Xeno Analyst boss fight one of the SC members invited to the ops group was advised by a member of her own guild that they better drop the SC tag just to avoid the the drama that would be created if they wore it.
This is so incorrect that I don't even know where to begin.

I was never annoyed at being killed, not once, not ever. Get your story straight before coming here and calling me a hypocrite.

What annoyed me was when Chaance (a guildie of mine) was killed within the first five minutes of his logging on (first time in a month) because of something *I* supposedly did (which I wasn't doing).

I couldn't have cared less about ME being killed, but when my guildie is jumped because of something I supposedly did that I wasn't even doing, then we have a problem.

So no, you don't know anything for a fact. And whoever told your guildie to drop the SC tag was silly, its not like I wasn't aware thats what guild they were from seeing as how you know, I'm not an idiot.

To further explain what I am saying:

I got killed, no big deal. Ragnak got killed, no big deal.

Your guildmates kill someone who had absolutely nothing to do with what Ragnak and I were doing, while claiming that the reason they killed him was that Ragnak and I were "extorting credits" from people when we were not - we have an issue. Especially when said person was killed within his first few minutes of logging into the game for the first time in a month AND there were multiple people telling your guildmates that we were not, in fact, extorting credits.

And the funny thing is, Ragnak and I had been letting SC members go by all day without killing them because we were asked to be nice.

So, to reiterate - not annoyed about ME being killed. I was annoyed about your guildies killing my friend for something *I* did that I wasn't even doing. If you have a problem with me, you come direct your issues to me, not to a completely innocent bystander.

Got it now?
Avatia Twist Elonia

kloma
03.04.2013 , 05:02 PM | #30
if i know chaance, he'll get his own back. many a morning on ilum spent living in fear of him and chyren