Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thanks for all the fun on Ilum, Ebon Hawk - and Bioware!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Ebon Hawk
Thanks for all the fun on Ilum, Ebon Hawk - and Bioware!

silvershadows
03.03.2013 , 09:20 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by VarekRayth View Post
So you play tons of Ranked, yeah? Bein' all pro and shiz.
If I could solo queue for ranked or queue with the small groups I usually play with, I certainly would.

Hopefully after the xpac

Though, I think you missed the point of my post, anyway. It's not about how good or how "pro" I am, it's about peoples reactions to being killed by me in an open world pvp zone.

Sorry, there's not much ego here, I'm sure that lets you down but, oh well!
Avatia
Deception Assassin
<Tave Naefas Lazea>
A Sith endures.

wadecounty
03.03.2013 , 11:24 PM | #12
I mean, SatedBuffalo has a good point, it is a U mad bro collage. That said, I think its hilarious.

Damastes
03.03.2013 , 11:25 PM | #13
I know exactly where you're coming from, and I'm not even close to being a black hat

If dying in a PVP zone causes you to lose control of your emotions, you have invited what you receive, as you have lost all perspective.

That being said, blacking out the names would have been the better move, in my opinion. It'd be enough to let people recognize themselves and hope they learn from the experience. But I can be overly optimistic at times
Aerre -- The Ebon Hawk -- Aisthesis

Newte -- The Ebon Hawk -- The Army of Light

kloma
03.04.2013 , 03:05 AM | #14
good times. thought i think the guys saying LMAO doesn't deserve his spot on the wall of bad reactions :P

silvershadows
03.04.2013 , 04:07 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by kloma View Post
good times. thought i think the guys saying LMAO doesn't deserve his spot on the wall of bad reactions :P
Hehe, I put those up there mostly because I remember exactly when that happened - there was about six people standing in line with orbs and I ran in (carrying an orb myself) and proceeded to jump on the guy in the middle, killing him and starting a chain reaction that blew up everyone in the general vicinity.

I was trying to fraps some clips of me doing things like that but had forgotten to hit my record button for that so I threw the "lmao" and "nice one illusia" comments in there for myself to remind me of that particular event

Next time the event comes around I was thinking about standing on one of the bridges where there's an orb and just force pushing people off it so they fall to their deaths every time they try to pick it up - and frapsing it then setting it to music, maybe get like 5 minutes straight of people being pushed off a cliff, lol. I got a few people like that this time around, and their reactions were just about as good as the ones I got for actually beating people to death.

The only reason I didn't do it more is I can't remember if they'd get a repair bill for a falling death, and as much as I enjoy killing people I didn't want to cost them credits, especially while the repair bills were still huge.
Avatia
Deception Assassin
<Tave Naefas Lazea>
A Sith endures.

silvershadows
03.04.2013 , 04:13 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Damastes View Post
I know exactly where you're coming from, and I'm not even close to being a black hat

If dying in a PVP zone causes you to lose control of your emotions, you have invited what you receive, as you have lost all perspective.

That being said, blacking out the names would have been the better move, in my opinion. It'd be enough to let people recognize themselves and hope they learn from the experience. But I can be overly optimistic at times
You know, honestly I didn't even think about blacking out names, if I ever make another one of these I might (probably) do that. It took me a while to cut and photoshop all those chat log clips onto the background screenshot though so I don't really feel like going through it and taking out names now, lol. I literally went through over a hundred screenshots to pull out all of those quotes.

And yes - exactly what you said here:
Quote:
That's really why I found all of these reactions so amusing. Being killed by me was easily avoidable just by switching instances - I didn't and wouldn't go chasing people around from instance to instance. Not to mention that I'm far from unkillable (in fact I think Kloma and a friend or two got me a few times). I'm a good duelist, yes, and can hold my own in 2v1's, but once you get to 3-4 people I have to be really on my game to survive, even if they're in pve gear - and 2 people in full war hero have a pretty damn good chance of killing me, especially if one is a healer.

I killed, and I was killed, and it was all fun and games, literally

Kinda funny how I can take my deaths like more of a man than some actual men
Avatia
Deception Assassin
<Tave Naefas Lazea>
A Sith endures.

kloma
03.04.2013 , 04:45 AM | #17
i had some fun being ganked by scrub squad. tried to get some guildies to come fight back but not often

pelican is a slippery bastard! :P

silvershadows
03.04.2013 , 05:00 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by kloma View Post
i had some fun being ganked by scrub squad. tried to get some guildies to come fight back but not often

pelican is a slippery bastard! :P
Yeah, me and Ragnak and then me and Navnia got them a couple times but they ended up coming back with more, I think in the end they had six against us and we were only 3 for maybe 20 minutes before Navnia logged and we lost our healer.

Ended up getting them again later when I was on my sentinel and hanging out with some of the other Inconceivable/Team One people, they were killing us when we were separated but not so much when we were together. Kind of funny though cause we never knew where they were since they were all stealthers, except for one gunslinger that kept hanging out inside some of the downed walkers around mid, lol.

Made me want to level up my operative and run a full 4 man of stealth myself though.
Avatia
Deception Assassin
<Tave Naefas Lazea>
A Sith endures.

DarthBror
03.04.2013 , 09:12 AM | #19
I can easily see this both ways. Yea people are pissed and Get their panties all in a bunch.. Trolling and getting them to rage isnt exactly a nice community minded thing to do..

However,,,

They are in a PVP AREA.. So all my sympathy goes out the window. If this had been in some obscure non Open PVP section my thoughts might be different and perhaps yours too.

Honestly though.. I have to admit.. Not being the one raging and all.. This is pretty hillarious.

You basically have grown men QQing about getting their butt handed to them in an area that clearly states this will happen.

Like I said earlier, It would be totally diff if this were a cantina crawl that you crashed. But again, these dudes were flagged and in a PVP area.
MORT: Ganster of Love
PAXIMPERIUS
Website | Recruitment Thread

Preliat
03.04.2013 , 09:32 AM | #20
If you get ganked in open world PvP, you know what you do? You make a joke out of it. I've gotten ganked so many times while trying to grind out the Gree affection and you know what my revenge was?

<Guild of Person Who Ganked Me> recruiting lots of players they don't actually recruit for inappropriate things with Kephiss.

Why? Because I get lots of tells from people saying that's either hilarious or disturbing, and also because it shows that I'm not mad, I just want my own form of payback since I can't gank their Elite War Hero toons. Have fun with it, gang. It's a video game.