Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thanks for all the fun on Ilum, Ebon Hawk - and Bioware!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Ebon Hawk
Thanks for all the fun on Ilum, Ebon Hawk - and Bioware!

silvershadows
03.03.2013 , 05:45 PM | #1
I had a ton of fun out on Ilum during the Gree event, and can't wait for it to come around again! While enjoying myself out there, I began to gather quite the collection of rage and hate, which just made it all the more fun. Some of you may hate me more for posting this, but I'm certain most all of us can agree that it's actually pretty hilarious.

I would have posted this sooner, but I've been distracted over the past few days.

So, to my fellow black hats, this hate's for you!
Sage - Sentinel - Commando - ScoundrelPowertech - Operative - Marauder - Sorcerer
Highjinks - Flashfire Ace - Saberwing
Cadera Legacy The Ebon Hawk

Check out my series of Mandalorian novels HERE.

TheHeat
03.03.2013 , 07:26 PM | #2
You and I, we're not so different after all. This post is just amazing.
Grendizer
The Dellamorte Legacy

Satedbuffalo
03.03.2013 , 07:42 PM | #3
I liked Illusia a lot more before I saw the collage.

silvershadows
03.03.2013 , 08:26 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Satedbuffalo View Post
I liked Illusia a lot more before I saw the collage.
Hey, don't hate me. I wasn't doing anything other than killing flagged people. The reactions I got just from doing that were beyond belief in some cases, which is what amuses me.

Mind you, I died plenty of times out there myself, but never saw the need to cry about it. It never ceases to amaze me how freaked out people get over the death of their pixels.

The few times you see me saying something in the collage there are the only times I ever even really said anything while I was out there, most of my time was just spent killing everyone and everything that crossed my path. My amusement is mostly derived from the fact that with very little prompting I was called just about every name in the book (and there were some things I didn't even put up in the collage because they were even cruder than what you see).

That's why I included instances of me killing someone only to see them promptly go into general chat and start cussing up a storm.

Though my favorite is probably Blueberrypie, who pulled the infamous WoW-Esque "I'll send them a tell and ***** them out and then put them on ignore before they can respond!" move. Well, that and Splitbolt's "I'll slap the thong right outta ya" comment.

Still waiting on that, btw

I posted this mostly so other people could get a laugh out of how strongly people freaked out over something they could have easily avoided by switching instances Trust me, if you knew me, you'd know I'm not really a sociopathic *****

PS- I was also nice to people and if they asked me to please let them turn in their orbs, I would. I only chain-killed people who had the sort of reactions you see in the picture
Sage - Sentinel - Commando - ScoundrelPowertech - Operative - Marauder - Sorcerer

silvershadows
03.03.2013 , 08:28 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TheHeat View Post
You and I, we're not so different after all. This post is just amazing.

It was definitely fun times

Satedbuffalo
03.03.2013 , 08:32 PM | #6
Just another 'U mad bro?' collection.

silvershadows
03.03.2013 , 08:34 PM | #7
Just another 'U mad bro?' collection.
I wouldn't call it that, since I didn't ever really respond to anyone screaming in general chat (and very rarely to tells except for blueberrypie). There was no real trolling going on, just me killing people. In order for it to be a "u mad bro" collection I would have had to pose that question to people or try to troll them in chat when they complained, which I didn't do. I just killed them.

Well, I did occasionally tell people to bring it on when they said they were gonna come back with a group to kill me, but nobody ever did

But whatever, man, if you're gonna hate me for killing people in a pvp zone, go ahead, as you can see there's quite a club amassed

Satedbuffalo
03.03.2013 , 08:59 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by silvershadows View Post
But whatever, man, if you're gonna hate me for killing people in a pvp zone, go ahead, as you can see there's quite a club amassed
I killed a ton of people in the PvP zone. I was really happy with the event; almost everyone I know enjoyed it. I am really glad you took advantage of the opportunity for mayhem.

What makes me sad is that there are so many people who make trophies out of upsetting people. Ridiculing them further just seems in poor taste.

VarekRayth
03.03.2013 , 09:00 PM | #9
So you play tons of Ranked, yeah? Bein' all pro and shiz.

silvershadows
03.03.2013 , 09:19 PM | #10
I killed a ton of people in the PvP zone. I was really happy with the event; almost everyone I know enjoyed it. I am really glad you took advantage of the opportunity for mayhem.

What makes me sad is that there are so many people who make trophies out of upsetting people. Ridiculing them further just seems in poor taste.
See that's the thing, I don't think I'm ridiculing them, I think they do that all on their own. Its not that I make a trophy out of upsetting people, but that I am continually amazed (and amused) by just how much people freak out when they get killed. A lot of people out there took their deaths like men (or women), and those people I have respect for.

I didn't set out with the intention of upsetting people or making them cry, it was a byproduct of me going out there and pvping in a pvp zone. I would have been out there enjoying myself regardless of other peoples reactions, but I couldn't help but laugh at some of the vitriol that was directed at me because it was so intense (over dying in a video game!).

Try to look at it that way, I didn't purposely go out of my way to upset anyone, yet upset they got, and in most spectacular ways.