Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

player voice change options?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
player voice change options?

Colonel_Shin
03.07.2013 , 09:45 AM | #11
Its too bad that the voices were the same since I hate hearing another character in my party sounding exactly the same! I I wannna be unique! But I also agree that it take more time and money to have more voices. It also could have been cool without the voice... Like how they did it in Kotor
Rasanga 55 Sorcerer/Healer

Lewabbajack 55 Commando/DPS

ninjonxb
03.07.2013 , 02:09 PM | #12
Like another person said. Some head pieces (good rule of thumb is if it covers the mouth something will change) will change the voice in some way. There are a few different ways it may change.
As a warning though, if you like to hide your head piece. The voice change will no longer happen.

zejaie
03.07.2013 , 07:43 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by andyjd View Post
I like the interactive dialogue but it seems like each class has one set voice which really bugs me.
It would cost a fortune to have multiple voices in this game.
-What should I mentally prepare for as a new healer?
People thinking that you heal them out in spite of any **** they do!

Lodril
03.07.2013 , 09:00 PM | #14
One of the Soul Calibur games had a mechanism for character customization where you could adjust the pitch of the voice a bit, making it deeper or higher. I wonder if that would have been possible here, or if it would throw off the lip-sync too much.

KBerling
03.07.2013 , 11:01 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
Dunno, maybe you made wrong char for it.

body type 2 flat and square face silver short hair human with no beard fits that sound.
A horrible looking PC, say a body type 3 human scarred up to look like Frankenstein's monster, fits the male Bounty Hunter voice the best.

Bio should have hired the voice-actor who did Mandalore in KotOR for BH. That voice was golden.

Sinapus
03.08.2013 , 12:15 AM | #16
I'd like my male sage to sound like Major Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist, but I doubt Bioware/EA wants to pay Chris Sabat to redo all the dialogues. So I'll stay with the main one and live with it, since he isn't too bad.

I'll just have him use the superflex emote from time to time.

Maxim 37: There is no overkill, there is only "Open Fire" and "I Need to Reload."

Friend Referral Link.

Atramar
03.08.2013 , 03:51 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by KBerling View Post
A horrible looking PC, say a body type 3 human scarred up to look like Frankenstein's monster, fits the male Bounty Hunter voice the best.

Bio should have hired the voice-actor who did Mandalore in KotOR for BH. That voice was golden.
Maybe it depends on people, or first impression of character.
Many people say how Sith Inquisitor female voice is super sexy, while mine looks like my grandma (skinny face with color that looks like 70 yo person who spent to much time in hospital bed and smoke WAAY to many cigarettes) and I have same impression of this voice (subtle, proud, almost sayng 'i'm here longer, I know better, listen to me or f-off').

But yes, Canderous Ordo's voice from Kotor would be awesome.

That's why most of my chars are female, voices mostly fit. Slap pretty face with reasonable hair, and viola, Perfect Match, while my male characters require atleast 3 remakes.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013