Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Trooper Vanguard & BH Powertech Talents - Patch 2.0 Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Trooper Vanguard & BH Powertech Talents - Patch 2.0 Changes

blazerSERVE's Avatar


blazerSERVE
03.03.2013 , 03:17 AM | #1
For anyone wondering what is up with the Trooper Vanguard Talent Changes in patch 2.0 and what it looks like here's a video I made going over every single talent that changed in each tree. Remember to check out the description in the video for the table of contents to skip to your specific specialization.

Trooper Vanguard Talents 2.0: http://youtu.be/U9tRSNKKxa8

So as I was looking through the new talent trees and it seems to be that the shield specialist tree got the most tweaks and talent additions compared to all the other trees. There is a huge emphasis this time around on resource management for each tree of our class. Also the reworking’s to the shield specialist trees have made our only tanking tree quite a lot more versatile in regards to damage output as well as utility while still being tanky. I still stick with the assault specialist tree though just because I like the range that the specialization plays in (i.e. the 1-10m range). As for the assault tree itself, talents were switched around and reworked here and there but the playstyle is still generally the same.
Spiralpower - Level 50 Jedi Sentinel Watchmen: Server - Prophecy of the Five
Check out ToopowerfulGaming for anything and everything related to SW:TOR the MMO. I also make Walkthrough's and Let's Plays!

Zalekanzer's Avatar


Zalekanzer
03.03.2013 , 08:08 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by blazerSERVE View Post
For anyone wondering what is up with the Trooper Vanguard Talent Changes in patch 2.0 and what it looks like here's a video I made going over every single talent that changed in each tree. Remember to check out the description in the video for the table of contents to skip to your specific specialization.

Trooper Vanguard Talents 2.0: http://youtu.be/U9tRSNKKxa8

So as I was looking through the new talent trees and it seems to be that the shield specialist tree got the most tweaks and talent additions compared to all the other trees. There is a huge emphasis this time around on resource management for each tree of our class. Also the reworking’s to the shield specialist trees have made our only tanking tree quite a lot more versatile in regards to damage output as well as utility while still being tanky. I still stick with the assault specialist tree though just because I like the range that the specialization plays in (i.e. the 1-10m range). As for the assault tree itself, talents were switched around and reworked here and there but the playstyle is still generally the same.
I would just like to mention that Ammo is not equivelant to Energy Cells. Energy Cells are equivelant to Heat. Just in case there was some confusion.
<The Harbinger> Anzer Katzin Requiel Zevka Katzera

blazerSERVE's Avatar


blazerSERVE
03.03.2013 , 11:27 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Zalekanzer View Post
I would just like to mention that Ammo is not equivelant to Energy Cells. Energy Cells are equivelant to Heat. Just in case there was some confusion.
Thanks for catching that, that is what I meant but in the course of live commentary looks like I sorta messed that up. So, my bad buy hopefully it was obvious what I meant to anyone confused
Spiralpower - Level 50 Jedi Sentinel Watchmen: Server - Prophecy of the Five
Check out ToopowerfulGaming for anything and everything related to SW:TOR the MMO. I also make Walkthrough's and Let's Plays!

Natharon's Avatar


Natharon
03.04.2013 , 02:18 PM | #4
Assuming they didn't bork it up, it will be nice to finally have the equality of energy management.
♠THE NATHARON LEGACY♠
I Didn't Win The Blue Ribbon, But It Is In My Possession.
<Big Bad Bootie Daddies>

blazerSERVE's Avatar


blazerSERVE
03.06.2013 , 08:56 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Natharon View Post
Assuming they didn't bork it up, it will be nice to finally have the equality of energy management.
Yeah I agree, that's why I think they reworked the energy management system to a 100-pt system instead. None of that 12-point nonsense!
Spiralpower - Level 50 Jedi Sentinel Watchmen: Server - Prophecy of the Five
Check out ToopowerfulGaming for anything and everything related to SW:TOR the MMO. I also make Walkthrough's and Let's Plays!

Zunayson's Avatar


Zunayson
03.08.2013 , 02:27 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by blazerSERVE View Post
Yeah I agree, that's why I think they reworked the energy management system to a 100-pt system instead. None of that 12-point nonsense!
Honestly I wish the heat system was also 12 pnt. Right now, its identical to energy except with a different look.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box