Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaon bugs, or just bad luck with glitches?

Darksaberexile
03.03.2013 , 03:14 AM | #1
Just ran Kaon for the daily and had some...interesting experiences.

On the turret fight, it seemed like there were considerably more enemies than normal, resulting in a wipe on the first attempt, successful second attempt although with the same issue.

On the behemoth fight, the first attempt glitched at some point and the boss stopped taking damage for a while at about 19%, then again at 14% and 12% (we hit the enrage timer because we couldn't do any damage to the boss, even with the turrets and using the flammable tanks by the lights).

The second attempt we didn't run into any issues.

I had a parser running during both attempts, so it's easy to look at the numbers and see something was definitely off in the first attempt.

Attempt 1: Start 2:23:48
End: 2:28:38
Damage dealt: 308769

Attempt 2: Start 2:31:06
End: 2:33:30
Damage dealt: 140797

Anyone else encounter something similar in Kaon, or did we just have bad luck with glitches tonight?
Astinic level 55 sniper, Canderous Ordo server (now Jedi Covenant)

jjones_
03.03.2013 , 08:11 AM | #2
Did you skip the mobs on the way to the turret fight? If so, more likely than not the turret aggro'd the last group skipped hence the increased mobs. That turrets range is pretty much the full screen view so if the turret controller swings toward the last mob there is a chance it'll hit them.

The behemoth fight is part mechanics and imho part bug. When the behemoth goes into Frenzy you need to wait until he receives the Frenzy buff before hitting the barrel - the buff can be delayed for several seconds after the on-screen warning. Pop that barrel too early and he just absorbs all damage. When that happens (in my experience) even if you kite him to next barrel immediately the frenzy buff will have gone but he'll still absorb most damage so popping the second barrel usually achieves nothing.

Darksaberexile
03.03.2013 , 11:42 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by jjones_ View Post
The behemoth fight is part mechanics and imho part bug. When the behemoth goes into Frenzy you need to wait until he receives the Frenzy buff before hitting the barrel - the buff can be delayed for several seconds after the on-screen warning. Pop that barrel too early and he just absorbs all damage. When that happens (in my experience) even if you kite him to next barrel immediately the frenzy buff will have gone but he'll still absorb most damage so popping the second barrel usually achieves nothing.
Ok, that makes sense. None of us in the group had encountered that bug before, so thanks for explaining it
Astinic level 55 sniper, Canderous Ordo server (now Jedi Covenant)

MishraArtificer
03.05.2013 , 06:01 PM | #4
Question about that Rakghoul Behemoth...has anyone noticed him Throwing people a LOT more than usual lately? Every time I've done that fight since 1.7 dropped , the Behemoth would Throw me out of range literally EVERY TIME I taunt him, dumping all aggro I'd gotten on him. I usually use a Vanguard or Powertech tank, if that helps any...
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

Mowermanx
03.06.2013 , 02:20 AM | #5
So many people get this fight wrong.
The key is, after the barrel explodes, the tanks needs to keep him as still as possible so the dps can lay the smack down(especially if you have melee dps in your group). Too many times, Ive seen the tanks run off taunting to the next barrel as soon as the current one blows which results in a huge unnecessary loss of dps.
When the barrel explodes, he takes full and extra damage for 10 seconds, that 10 sec needs to be taken advantage of for the dps to really give it to him before moving to the next barrel.

JouerTue
03.06.2013 , 04:17 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowermanx View Post
The key is, after the barrel explodes, the tanks needs to keep him as still as possible so the dps can lay the smack down(especially if you have melee dps in your group). Too many times, Ive seen the tanks run off taunting to the next barrel as soon as the current one blows which results in a huge unnecessary loss of dps.
When the barrel explodes, he takes full and extra damage for 10 seconds, that 10 sec needs to be taken advantage of for the dps to really give it to him before moving to the next barrel.
i didn't know this..i just never had problems with this boss, but maybe because i always had big dps in the group..

for the turrett bug, just take out the mobs closer to the turrett..

slafko
03.06.2013 , 05:00 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by MishraArtificer View Post
Question about that Rakghoul Behemoth...has anyone noticed him Throwing people a LOT more than usual lately? Every time I've done that fight since 1.7 dropped , the Behemoth would Throw me out of range literally EVERY TIME I taunt him, dumping all aggro I'd gotten on him. I usually use a Vanguard or Powertech tank, if that helps any...
I've seen it happen sometimes too. He basically turns the entire tanking experience of that fight into one giant throw-the-tank-around festival. I have tried keeping my distance, going in as close as I can, kiting around the barrels - nothing seems to help. Once he decides you're his new favourite, that's it. The best thing to do once he throws you is to taunt while in mid-air. That way he won't aggro someone else. Trouble is, if he's throwing you around a lot, your taunt will not be available for every throw.

Mowermanx
03.07.2013 , 07:51 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JouerTue View Post
i didn't know this..i just never had problems with this boss, but maybe because i always had big dps in the group..

for the turrett bug, just take out the mobs closer to the turrett..
Yeah, like a lot of fights in the game, a good group makes it look easy.

sumuji
03.07.2013 , 11:55 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowermanx View Post
They're not doing it wrong. It's because he's enraged during that time and hits really really hard even on a tank.

The way the encounter goes is during it's normal mode he doesn't hit that hard and he attacks people randomly. The tank can use a taunt to pull it off of someone for a short time but it's usually not neccessary. The tank gets thrown around anyway. The boss becomes enraged. That's when the tank taunts and brings it to a barrel to explode. Afterwards the boss will stick on the tank usually until it drops back into it's normal mode and starts thorwing stuff and tossing the tank around again. Until that time a tank normally is'nt going to stand tow to toe with it unless they're really geared and the healer is good. I do sometimes if I'm on my Jug tank or something with cooldowns rdy but most of the time I'm kiting him while trying to stay out of range.

slafko
03.08.2013 , 01:13 AM | #10
The tank should have the boss positioned near the barrels *before* boss enters frenzy. There's no point in wasting time positioning him after he frenzies.

Kite around the barrels, explode one when he goes frenzy, dps like mad, taunt while in mid-air, get him to the next barrel. gg