Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Boss Drop Improvment Idea for Rise of the Hutt Cartel Expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Boss Drop Improvment Idea for Rise of the Hutt Cartel Expansion

Acidcell's Avatar


Acidcell
03.02.2013 , 05:23 PM | #1
To the Bioware/EA Development Teams:

It is my opinion that a restructuring of the boss drops for the Hard Modes (HM) and Operations (OPS) for the Class Player Versus Environment (PVE) sets (Columni, Rakata, Black Hole & Campaign, Dreadguard & Hazmat) should become a generic redeemable token and no longer the redeemable token that is class specific (i.e. Jedi Knight, Sith Warrior or Smuggler, Imperial Agent). This would improve gameplay and morale amongst the community and allow groups to finish gearing a team up equally instead of a boss dropping a class specific token that those members of that class already have, in short becoming a useless drop for the players and ends up becoming either vendor trash or a companion armor.

Thank you for your time,
Acsegidrel - Harbinger

schnopsnosn's Avatar


schnopsnosn
03.02.2013 , 06:28 PM | #2
Campaign and Dread Guard-tokens are already general and no longer bound to a certain class...

Eshmael's Avatar


Eshmael
03.03.2013 , 08:39 AM | #3
Tear down this wall... oh.. there is no wall...

Athena-Nike's Avatar


Athena-Nike
03.03.2013 , 06:41 PM | #4
While this would help Guilds and organized groups a lot it would make PUGs all but useless as 8 people would be needing on every item drop every time. While the current system is far from perfect at least it somewhat limits the number of people rolling for one item

Eternalnight's Avatar


Eternalnight
03.03.2013 , 06:54 PM | #5
You know it was already done like almost a year ago

Icestar's Avatar


Icestar
03.04.2013 , 05:45 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Acidcell View Post
should become a generic redeemable token and no longer the redeemable token that is class specific (i.e. Jedi Knight, Sith Warrior or Smuggler, Imperial Agent). This would improve gameplay and morale amongst the community and allow groups to finish gearing a team up equally instead of a boss dropping a class specific token that those members of that class already have, in short becoming a useless drop for the players and ends up becoming either vendor trash or a companion armor.
You want a boss to drop one token that can be transformed into a item for every class possible?

I do not see that improve morale, more that everyone will be needing on everything.

We have to work to improve the community not alienating it with more things to fight over,

A system where it is clear what item belongs to a specific class is much better, no fights no drama simple logic and yet the excitement is still there because of the random pool of items the boss drops.

uniz's Avatar


uniz
03.04.2013 , 07:07 AM | #7
while for guild run ops (which most are anyways that drops this now in game) this works rather well. you can chose which role to gear up first. but for lfd hms this will become much more of a loot rolling problem than it already is.

in other words pug content gets a no vote. i would rather roll against one or two players each time than three always.

slafko's Avatar


slafko
03.04.2013 , 07:20 AM | #8
The bosses shouold drop more loot. One pair of gloves just does not cut it when there's a team of 8 people killing the boss.

PariahMessiah's Avatar


PariahMessiah
03.04.2013 , 08:09 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by uniz View Post
while for guild run ops (which most are anyways that drops this now in game) this works rather well. you can chose which role to gear up first. but for lfd hms this will become much more of a loot rolling problem than it already is.

in other words pug content gets a no vote. i would rather roll against one or two players each time than three always.
Tell that to the van tank in our guild way back (pre EC) that didn't see a columi rifle drop in 3 months and never saw the rakata rifle drop (jumped straight to campaign)

LarryRow's Avatar


LarryRow
03.04.2013 , 10:13 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
The bosses shouold drop more loot. One pair of gloves just does not cut it when there's a team of 8 people killing the boss.
Iknorite! So many times when I am hatching and implementing evil schemes, I carry extra gloves in my pocket for the heroes that come to kill me.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.