Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Recap of Q&A from last night's cantina?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Recap of Q&A from last night's cantina?

Xemini
03.02.2013 , 02:28 PM | #1
Wondering if anyone wants to share for those of us who missed out? Thanks.

Alduinsm
03.03.2013 , 12:36 AM | #2
Quote:
-Rakgoul event will be returning! (not from Q&A, but from chatting with Blaine)
-Ready check will be here sooner than you think
-User created mods not anytime soon
-Moving bound, empty armor shells to other legacy toons is something interesting (see how they’re trying not to say soon?)
-Why does the warrior suck? (everyone laughed)
-Companions wearing event gear is a go
-No comment on Tauntaun mounts
-Everyone laughed when Damion failed to see the connection between “Tron” armor and Disney buying LucasArts
-Gray alignment coming soonish (does this count as soon?)
-Having a third faction would break stuff
-Duel spec is high on the wall of crazy (yes, it’s still on the wall of crazy)
-Armor dyes soon? Answer: That’d be really neat wouldn’t it? (yes, Damion answered a questions with a question)
-One-click switch from PvE gear to PvP is on wall of crazy
-Damion thinks Gault is the funniest companion
-There are plans to use social media etc. to stream community content (details were vague)
-What’s up with escape pod doors on ships? To let hijacked players escape!
-Appearance tabs are not in immediate future
-One free transfer when transfers go live? They know how important character transfers are
-Concerns for PvP? Go to PTS and test warzones!
-More Huttball maps? There are other priorities at the moment (still not sure what this means)
-I asked if datacrons/codex etc. will be added to legacy in future. Datacrons no, achievements yes.
-Will there be bikinis for men? (A good chuckle was had by all)
-Damion commented that if a new player completes the first planet they usually stick around
http://torwars.com/2013/03/02/swtor-...t-of-laughter/
Shin

turjake
03.03.2013 , 01:14 AM | #3
No-one asked about future expansions, continuing story or the secret space project?

Magnusheart
03.03.2013 , 04:33 AM | #4
I was suprised to see no mention of a same sex companion storyline like uhh chosing a companion between a guy or girl, with both having the option of going in that... direction...

Sad to see no mention of being able to get new ships, Trade my jedi fish shaped ship for the XS FREIGHTER any day of the week, even if it means selling Kira to the hutts.

Saddder to see they didn't even ask them if there was any luck with the hood toggle, even if their attempts at the issue. Because personally, I wish we had one so I can get rid of one of the two on Revan's Chestplate. xD

saddder-er to see no question about getting more different shades of hues for color crystals. Love a Dark Blue Dark Red, Bright Orange, Banana Yellow... ya know Real possible crystal colors. Dual Cores are cool, but I would like the variety.

Doctoglethorpe
03.03.2013 , 04:42 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Alduinsm View Post
Wow what a whole lot of literally nothing...

I have to wonder why they even do such an event if they are going to remain as vague on answers as they already do on the internets.

At least the utter non-answer comment about transfers implies its actually at least still coming. Eventually. In some form. *sigh*

I really hate how tight lipped Bioware have become. Its one thing to not want to promise what you might not be able to deliver, its another to not even want to talk about what they are at least trying to accomplish. If we could just know how close we are to things like transfers (just the example im using, replace it with whatever you want), and what the issues are thats holding them back, it would go a long way to give people more patience and trust in the company. Instead we get a blank wall response to virtually everything. "Keep paying, keep playing, don't worry about the future."

Ruskaeth
03.03.2013 , 04:50 AM | #6
Deciding a NO to legacy wide datacrons is 100% proof of sadistic developers.

AshlaBoga
03.03.2013 , 04:57 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruskaeth View Post
Deciding a NO to legacy wide datacrons is 100% proof of sadistic developers.
That's the feature I was most looking forward to. Fiddlesticks
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Alduinsm
03.03.2013 , 05:11 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Magnusheart View Post
I was suprised to see no mention of a same sex companion storyline like uhh chosing a companion between a guy or girl, with both having the option of going in that... direction...

Sad to see no mention of being able to get new ships, Trade my jedi fish shaped ship for the XS FREIGHTER any day of the week, even if it means selling Kira to the hutts.

Saddder to see they didn't even ask them if there was any luck with the hood toggle, even if their attempts at the issue. Because personally, I wish we had one so I can get rid of one of the two on Revan's Chestplate. xD

saddder-er to see no question about getting more different shades of hues for color crystals. Love a Dark Blue Dark Red, Bright Orange, Banana Yellow... ya know Real possible crystal colors. Dual Cores are cool, but I would like the variety.
You can try and post your questions here,they may answer them.
http://www.darthhater.com/articles/f...bioware-austin
Shin

Magnusheart
03.03.2013 , 05:44 AM | #9
Dont have an acc, or I would

Vis-Tecum
03.03.2013 , 08:10 AM | #10
-Armor dyes soon? Answer: That’d be really neat wouldn’t it? no damion, it would be really neat if this game had developers who actually developed things instead of just acting like a arrogant ***...

Damion Schubert is the worst thing to ever happen to this game he litteraly said the same thing about guild ships and pazzak. maybe he should get on developing these things instead of stupid speeders and the super awesome inventory sorting that is the most awesome thing ever and obvious why it took a year to get in to the game and was a huge priority over clipping issues, terraign bugs, companion lightsabers, line of sight bugs, respawn bugs... just add armor dyes now to the list to the things the community constantly asks about and wants that bioware austin will just ignore. but hey, it would be cool wouldnt it...
Just go riding right by me on the crest of the new wave