Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

In 2.0 diminishing returns on Crit after 20% but smash still autocrits

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
In 2.0 diminishing returns on Crit after 20% but smash still autocrits

Ugolino
03.02.2013 , 04:54 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr View Post

Is PvP though actually thought of as the domain of Jedi by the developers? I hope not.
It should be but isn't. If anything, Force users are underpowered compared to what they should be.

criminalheretic
03.02.2013 , 05:03 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
There is nothing complicated about playing a sniper...There is nothing complicated about ANY of the classes. I'd say you don't see very many snipers because the class itself is extremely boring, especially if you play marksmen. Your rotation is literally 1,2,3 1,2,3 1,2,3 1,2,3. It's so braindead and it will be even more brain dead in 2.0.
f1,x,5,5,6,y,2,1,1 - that is my rotation for my sniper. He is level 15.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

Tyrannas
03.02.2013 , 05:17 PM | #13
So I was on the PTS today and critical chance really drops off after 20% now. I think it's fine, BUT smash still autocrits. I know a couple of other classes have some autocrit abilities, but nothing nearly as damaging as smash.

What do you think about this? I know smash got a small nerf in damage, but still most smashers have around 82% surge or more.
Do more research on other classes, all of them have abilities that autocrit in some way. Posts like this only show that you dont research enough into other classes and can make you look ignorant.
Get busy livin.....or get busy dyin

Givemedanger
03.02.2013 , 05:23 PM | #14
It's gamebreaking guys. Remove that autocrit and give them the thing sorc has or the thing pt has. Balance restored.

MiaRB
03.02.2013 , 05:25 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Tyrannas View Post
Do more research on other classes, all of them have abilities that autocrit in some way. Posts like this only show that you dont research enough into other classes and can make you look ignorant.
you should do some more research because not all DPS specs have a autocrit. some DPS specs dont even have any passive skills that boost their base critrate.

critrate DR change affects some DPS specs far more than other DPS specs.
can't wait for this game to come out!

Keldaur
03.02.2013 , 06:15 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
There is nothing complicated about playing a sniper...There is nothing complicated about ANY of the classes. I'd say you don't see very many snipers because the class itself is extremely boring, especially if you play marksmen. Your rotation is literally 1,2,3 1,2,3 1,2,3 1,2,3. It's so braindead and it will be even more brain dead in 2.0.
Interesting. Please, tell me more on how much experience you have playing a sniper.

DariusCalera
03.02.2013 , 06:23 PM | #17
Haven't seen an auto crit on a commando yet.

SajPl
03.02.2013 , 08:57 PM | #18
Either crit needs to be brought up back to 30% or autocrit abilities (all of them need to go). That being said a Advanced Prototype autocrit for 4k every 15 seconds is not comparable to a 9k (i see that being the biggest hit on the pts all the time) AOE smash. Besides again smash is an autocrit+has a surge bonus while an autocrit railshot from tactics does not have a surge bonus, nor does the autocrit shocck from the assasins tank tree, and again they are not aoe.

30% crit is viable, 20% crit forces everyone to stack power because crit is useless anyway and heavily favors autocrit specs like smash.
And finally I believe that hybrids like a pyro-ap hybrid with a guardanteed crit railshot with the surge bonus to raishot (hybrid doable on pts) should also not be allowed, simply move the talents highier in the trees.

NathanielStarr
03.02.2013 , 11:06 PM | #19
Do some research in the dictionary and find out what the word all means because not all classes have an autocrit attack. Besides I said that some others do have autocrit in my original post and those that do have autocrits besides smashers are no where near as damaging.

NogueiraA
03.03.2013 , 12:09 AM | #20
So I was on the PTS today and critical chance really drops off after 20% now. I think it's fine, BUT smash still autocrits. I know a couple of other classes have some autocrit abilities, but nothing nearly as damaging as smash.

What do you think about this? I know smash got a small nerf in damage, but still most smashers have around 82% surge or more.
Oh, Warriors still not have a 4sec stun!!
If you're not a smasher you have a 4sec stun to counter, so...