Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Clone Wars - S05E20 - The Wrong Jedi / Season 6

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The Clone Wars - S05E20 - The Wrong Jedi / Season 6

Jacen_Starsolo
03.03.2013 , 10:42 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I had similar thoughts as well actually. Then again, Shaak-Ti.... make her eyes look a little more human and her face a little less gaunt and you've got a non-creepy, leading protagonist. Likely looking something like this. I also think introducing a alien as a main protagonist could give the sequels a little more variation and difference from the past films - which it will need to do well and avoid being labelled as an unoriginal rehash. Thought, do you think that older vision of Ashoka is hinting at the fact we will see her again or she will survive until, her adult years?

Anyway I think visuals like that are easy to get around and aren't going to get between Disney and some major credits, and like Selenial said, her surivial is a possiblity.

Actually, what we should be asking ourselves is 'what is the likelihood of her dying?' - I can't really see some EU work coming out where Vader mercilessly butchers her... for one I can't see Vader doing that, and secondly it would have large implications on the rest of the EU, and generate more questions about why Ashoka is never mentioned by Anakin outside the Clone Wars etc. and thirdly it would be a waste of commercial potential. Nor can I see her dying in future Clone Wars Seasons, she might make further appearances but I think exiling her from the Order was her big 'fate'.

But then again, could a character loved and known by watchers of TCW but unknown to others alienate many viewers?
That same thing can be posed to those who think the EU is the begin-all and end-all of everything not in the movies or tv.

Edit: And you replied to one who said Ahsoka being a lead... who said she'd be a lead? She could just be someone sitting on a new Jedi Council with Luke. Sort of like a lot of those in the prequels not named Yoda, Kenobi, Mace, and in Episode III Skywalker.

Beniboybling
03.03.2013 , 10:45 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacen_Starsolo View Post
That same thing can be posed to those who think the EU is the begin-all and end-all of everything not in the movies or tv.
Wait, what are you saying?

Jacen_Starsolo
03.03.2013 , 10:45 AM | #123
Wait, what are you saying?

What you said that I bolded is what I responded to.

Beniboybling
03.03.2013 , 10:47 AM | #124
What you said that I bolded is what I responded to.
Yeah but I didn't get what you were saying.

annabethchase
03.03.2013 , 10:50 AM | #125
Nobody does. His posts are erratic and inconsistent.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

Jacen_Starsolo
03.03.2013 , 10:51 AM | #126
Those who claim we will see Han and Leia definitely have kids named Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin along with a cousin from Luke named Ben. Now I will edit your post accordingly.

"But then again, could any character loved and known by readers of EU but unknown to others alienate many viewers?"

Sindorin
03.03.2013 , 10:51 AM | #127
Quote:
Actually, you're the one trolling trying to make it about a mistype and not the topic at hand. And it's "doing" not "doin'" if you have to be technical about spelling arguments trying to troll.
"Doin" with an apostrophe after it is a the proper slang term to refer to the internet meme, "You're doin' it wrong!".

Like I said: if you're going to troll, do it right.
< White Rose >
For The Republic!
Oya, Surtr! Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum!

Jacen_Starsolo
03.03.2013 , 10:52 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
Nobody does. His posts are erratic and inconsistent.
I supplied links to "Disney doing original story". I am waiting on your links to say they are not. Keep trying to deflect. It might work one day.

Jacen_Starsolo
03.03.2013 , 10:53 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Sindorin View Post
"Doin" with an apostrophe after it is a the proper slang term to refer to the internet meme, "You're doin' it wrong!".

Like I said: if you're going to troll, do it right.
Not in the dictionary. If you want to be a stronger spelling policeman you have to obey the law. Not troll it.

annabethchase
03.03.2013 , 10:54 AM | #130
Those who claim we will see Han and Leia definitely have kids named Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin along with a cousin from Luke named Ben. Now I will edit your post accordingly.

"But then again, could any character loved and known by readers of EU but unknown to others alienate many viewers?"
Heck, I'm not even saying that. I'm saying we don't know one way or another. It's undecided right now. We could see Ashoka or not. Maybe Jaina Solo and maybe not. Maybe we see Han with 2 male sons one of whom becomes a sith or maybe not. Nothing has been stated one way or the other by anyone that counts (Disney/Lucasfilms).

"Original story" does not mean they will or won't ignore everything that came before. It implies nothing more than we won't be seeing a screen adaptation of "heir to the empire" or other established stories. It means Disney is having a new script written. You can't "interpret" their words the way you want to. You have to read them as they used them in the context they said them.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters