Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Clone Wars - S05E20 - The Wrong Jedi / Season 6

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The Clone Wars - S05E20 - The Wrong Jedi / Season 6

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
03.03.2013 , 09:02 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
"Extensively"
Then quotes people all from one source?
XD

Force Unleashed FTW....
That's not quite what I meant, I guess I mean the survivors of Order 66 and the Great Jedi Purge - but it depends if you include the Jedi Starkiller killed as survivors of the Great Jedi Purge... but I guess you do so just Kota then.

By extensively in the EU I meant the various comics and books etc. on Vader kicking Jedi butt, for references consult this page.

EDIT: Hey look, a nice little quote:

"In having survived, Yoda and Obi-Wan aren't exceptions to the rule. I'm certain that dozens of Jedi escaped with their lives, and in due time you will have the pleasure of killing many of them. But of greater importance is the fact that their order has been crushed. Finished, Lord Vader. Do I make myself clear?"
―Palpatine to Vader

Jacen_Starsolo's Avatar


Jacen_Starsolo
03.03.2013 , 09:09 AM | #112
This came up in a search about a network move after season 5.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/tv/436...doubt?page=all

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
03.03.2013 , 09:41 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
That's not quite what I meant, I guess I mean the survivors of Order 66 and the Great Jedi Purge - but it depends if you include the Jedi Starkiller killed as survivors of the Great Jedi Purge... but I guess you do so just Kota
I know :P
I just enjoy calling you out on stuff you make barely any mistakes, your no fun....

Gosh I didn't realise how many gosh darn Jedi emanated to escape :O
I wonder if any of them sensed moments before the order was given that
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
03.03.2013 , 10:10 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
I know :P
I just enjoy calling you out on stuff you make barely any mistakes, your no fun....

Gosh I didn't realise how many gosh darn Jedi emanated to escape :O
I wonder if any of them sensed moments before the order was given that
Lol

Well the galaxy is a big place, and the Order is what, 10,000 strong? Most would have been killed but then you've got those few who managed to escape, who weren't in battle, who escaped the Jedi Temple, who got the message that from the Temple etc. etc. I believe roughly 100 or 200 escaped Order 66 then scattered across the galaxy.

Finding all those Jedi, even for the Empire, is no mean feat. Its even more surprising that the Empire managed to destroy almost all of them. Why not throw in a quote from Kreia:

"The Jedi Order is as ancient as time itself. It would take the might of the entire galaxy to strike us down."
―Jedi Master Kreia.

P.S. I think however that by the time of A New Hope Yoda, Obi-Wan and Luke were the last remaining Jedi. And when they died only Luke remained. So Ashoka would literally be the only Jedi left from the Old Order - quite a feat to say the least.

annabethchase's Avatar


annabethchase
03.03.2013 , 10:15 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacen_Starsolo View Post
You say I'm wrong but then show examples of what I am talking about. Clone Wars took something considered "established canon" from books and just slapped it away with a "LOL" bat. Thanks. Disney movies can do the same with the entire EU and then the tears will be strong from the nerd bunch.

I am not saying I know what will be canon after the Disney/JJ trilogy but you seem to be trying to. Nobody knows at this point. Just like I said in the post before that you say I was wrong. So if I say nobody knows except insiders at Disney and JJ himself may be at this point, and you say I'm wrong, that means you believe you know what they have in store. So are you Lucas' kid or something since you know what's coming already?

Or can I borrow your DeLorean with the flux capacity installed? I need to know who wins next year's Super Bowl.
I'm saying you are wrong because you're making up a new cannon that nobody has ever stated. Until Disney announces something different, we have what is already in place. A new ownership in any venture doesn't instantly change everything about a company. Normally they look at what they have, evaluate it, and make changes or not based on what they determine is best. But everything continues as normal until such decisions are made. For instance, the previously announced novels are still hitting bookshelves as recently as last week.

Plus, you're misunderstanding current cannon very badly. Lucas himself has already established that the TV show or movies can and will overwrite any other EU material at will. I said as much, and yet you argue that I'm not. Reading comprehension is an important skill in life.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
03.03.2013 , 10:19 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Lol

Well the galaxy is a big place, and the Order is what, 10,000 strong? Most would have been killed but then you've got those few who managed to escape, who weren't in battle, who escaped the Jedi Temple, who got the message that from the Temple etc. etc. I believe roughly 100 or 200 escaped Order 66 then scattered across the galaxy.
"The Jedi Order is as ancient as time itself. It would take the might of the entire galaxy to strike us down."
―Jedi Master Kreia.
P.S. I think however that by the time of A New Hope Yoda, Obi-Wan and Luke were the last remaining Jedi. And when they died only Luke remained. So Ashoka would literally be the only Jedi left from the Old Order - quite a feat to say the least.
Gotta love a good old quote from kreia... Wise words indeed.
However, there is a massive section at the bottom of the page listing Jedi that were not accounted for, whilst Luke, Kenobi and Yoda may be the last ones left that are still fighting the empire, I believe there would still be Jedi around who are just trying to survive until there is someone to rally behind, making Ashokas Possible feat less extraordinary, but still rather impressive.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

annabethchase's Avatar


annabethchase
03.03.2013 , 10:22 AM | #117
I don't think Ashoka is destined for episode 7 because I think a togruta would be hard to portray on screen as a leading character. However, maybe it would be possible and interesting. I just think it would be strange.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
03.03.2013 , 10:30 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
I don't think Ashoka is destined for episode 7 because I think a togruta would be hard to portray on screen as a leading character. However, maybe it would be possible and interesting. I just think it would be strange.
I guess, but there are ways around that...
Hell, there were scenes with Shak-Ti in episode 3 and 2, they looked quite realistic and I can imagine that 10 years on itd look even better....
But I doubt either way that she would be a main character..... Not the main character anyway.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Jacen_Starsolo's Avatar


Jacen_Starsolo
03.03.2013 , 10:32 AM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
I'm saying you are wrong because you're making up a new cannon that nobody has ever stated. Until Disney announces something different, we have what is already in place. A new ownership in any venture doesn't instantly change everything about a company. Normally they look at what they have, evaluate it, and make changes or not based on what they determine is best. But everything continues as normal until such decisions are made. For instance, the previously announced novels are still hitting bookshelves as recently as last week.

Plus, you're misunderstanding current cannon very badly. Lucas himself has already established that the TV show or movies can and will overwrite any other EU material at will. I said as much, and yet you argue that I'm not. Reading comprehension is an important skill in life.
I have and always said nobody knows what's coming. Only Disney themselves said it would be "original stories". How is that making up new canon? Once you explain that, I'll reply to the rest of your post because what you put made zero sense and words in my mouth. Now if you want to put words in my mouth then argue against those words, you need therapy because that's arguing with yourself.

http://www.eonline.com/news/358685/s...casfilm-source

http://www.movieweb.com/news/star-wa...original-story

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/...original-story

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/w...-vii.50004923/

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
03.03.2013 , 10:39 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
I don't think Ashoka is destined for episode 7 because I think a togruta would be hard to portray on screen as a leading character. However, maybe it would be possible and interesting. I just think it would be strange.
I had similar thoughts as well actually. Then again, Shaak-Ti.... make her eyes look a little more human and her face a little less gaunt and you've got a non-creepy, leading protagonist. Likely looking something like this. I also think introducing a alien as a main protagonist could give the sequels a little more variation and difference from the past films - which it will need to do well and avoid being labelled as an unoriginal rehash. Thought, do you think that older vision of Ashoka is hinting at the fact we will see her again or she will survive until, her adult years?

Anyway I think visuals like that are easy to get around and aren't going to get between Disney and some major credits, and like Selenial said, her surivial is a possiblity.

Actually, what we should be asking ourselves is 'what is the likelihood of her dying?' - I can't really see some EU work coming out where Vader mercilessly butchers her... for one I can't see Vader doing that, and secondly it would have large implications on the rest of the EU, and generate more questions about why Ashoka is never mentioned by Anakin outside the Clone Wars etc. and thirdly it would be a waste of commercial potential. Nor can I see her dying in future Clone Wars Seasons, she might make further appearances but I think exiling her from the Order was her big 'fate'.

But then again, could a character loved and known by watchers of TCW but unknown to others alienate many viewers?