Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Clone Wars - S05E20 - The Wrong Jedi / Season 6

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The Clone Wars - S05E20 - The Wrong Jedi / Season 6

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
03.03.2013 , 07:19 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Macetheace View Post
Anyway the story that has Anakin hunt down all the jedi is yet to be told. or rather i should say Vader hunt down all the jedi is yet to be told.
It has been told extensively in the EU to my knowledge. Not to say there were no survivors, along with Yoda and Obi-Wan we had Shaak-Ti, Mariss Brood, Kazadan Paratus and Rahm Kota.

Omnitheo's Avatar


Omnitheo
03.03.2013 , 07:21 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Macetheace View Post
why face palm?

what Jacen says is true, it is silly that Luke and Leia are the only force users around, it won't be a face palm at all.

AFterall we assumed from te movies alone that there were always only 2 sith, but then with Ventril, Maul and his brother, at one point we have 5 dark side force users in play.

Anyway the story that has Anakin hunt down all the jedi is yet to be told. or rather i should say Vader hunt down all the jedi is yet to be told.
Luke and Leia are not the only force users around. Aside from Yoda and Obi Wan, there are dozens of other jedi who survived the Clone Wars in hiding, as well as other force sensitive users. As a matter of fact Palpatine collected force sensitives and trained them as dark side servants/assassins etc.

And it's true, there are only 2 sith. Not every dark jedi, or dark force user is a sith. The "two sith" they refer to are the master/apprentice duo. At the time of the Clone Wars, the two sith are Darth Sidious, and Darth Tyrannus. While Maul was part of this sith legacy, he lost his status when he was replaced.

Macetheace's Avatar


Macetheace
03.03.2013 , 07:21 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
^^^^ this.
We have no idea if the kids in Ep7 will be the same ones from the books. My money is on they will not be espeically if the rumors of them aproching Bradly Cooper are true.
the whole argument is silly. you can argue non stop about it. Anakin has no reason to hate or want Ahsoka dead anyway, if ep 5 20 is the last we see of her. She elaves the jedi order, something he does, and ofc the episode helps frameankains mindset for his turn in ep3, a very good reason to hate and misttrust the jedi council for episode 3.

no, anakin is very unlikely to hunt down to kill Ahsoka as Darth Vader, because she is not a jedi, and does not follow the order. He is far more likely to try and track her down, and recruit her as his apprentice again to supplant Emperor Palpatine, than hunt her down. and that may be a future story arc.

it would be u nwise i think to have Ahsoka turn up again in episode 7, i think she has much better use, turning up in a story based told between the many years of Episode 3 and 4

Jacen_Starsolo's Avatar


Jacen_Starsolo
03.03.2013 , 07:44 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
You are wrong, but in a way that is understandable. Lucas himself established cannon, in it's most essential characteristics as a two part system. Movies & the cartoon are the highest level of cannon. Everything else with a lucasfilms logo is second. Then there are a myriad of technical rules to sort out conflicts, with Leeland Chee at lucasfilms being the final say so for all practical purposes. Until Disney set's new rules, that is the undisputable truth as laid out by Lucas himself.

So anything in this episode trumps any previous ideas you had about Baris Offee for instance. The most often overwritten cannon has been from this show, as it was sort of impossible for them to have all these seasons of the clone wars without overwriting previous clone war concepts. First to go was Timothy Zahn's concept of the clone wars. Then the timeline has essentially made all pervious comics and even books questionable cannon status because there simply isn't enough time for all of this stuff to happen and certainly not in the order established. For instance Anakin's knighthood as presented in novel form is no longer cannon. TCW presented it differently, and it wins.
You say I'm wrong but then show examples of what I am talking about. Clone Wars took something considered "established canon" from books and just slapped it away with a "LOL" bat. Thanks. Disney movies can do the same with the entire EU and then the tears will be strong from the nerd bunch.

I am not saying I know what will be canon after the Disney/JJ trilogy but you seem to be trying to. Nobody knows at this point. Just like I said in the post before that you say I was wrong. So if I say nobody knows except insiders at Disney and JJ himself may be at this point, and you say I'm wrong, that means you believe you know what they have in store. So are you Lucas' kid or something since you know what's coming already?

Or can I borrow your DeLorean with the flux capacity installed? I need to know who wins next year's Super Bowl.

Jacen_Starsolo's Avatar


Jacen_Starsolo
03.03.2013 , 07:50 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkDisturbed View Post
Did you not watch the show? I'm pretty sure there is considering the show is the second highest form of canon.

Also, anyone who thinks they're not going to overwrite the post RotJ EU is fooling themselves. Lucas himself has stated in interviews that Luke never gets married, the emperor isn't cloned, etc. I'm sorry your books are no longer relevant.
Funny how people are so sure Disney and JJ with their admitted "original story" isn't going to make some books nothing more than fanfic.

Oh wait, I know. Starkiller will be in Episode 7 so the video gamers won't get mad. And Revan is back. Oh, and the descendant of Satele (also a descendant of Revan and Bastila) will be there too. Boba Fett too. And the list goes on....

Sindorin's Avatar


Sindorin
03.03.2013 , 07:53 AM | #96
OP, they said they are already working on season 6.

Masta-Blasta - Vanguard

Sindorin - Assassin

Sindorin's Avatar


Sindorin
03.03.2013 , 07:57 AM | #97
Quote:
Or can I borrow your DeLorean with the flux capacity installed? I need to know who wins next year's Super Bowl.
Flux Capacitor. If you're going to troll, do it right.

Masta-Blasta - Vanguard

Sindorin - Assassin

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
03.03.2013 , 07:58 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Sindorin View Post
Flux Capacitor. If you're going to troll, do it right.
Lol, stop trolling the troll.

Jacen_Starsolo's Avatar


Jacen_Starsolo
03.03.2013 , 08:05 AM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Omnitheo View Post
Luke and Leia are not the only force users around. Aside from Yoda and Obi Wan, there are dozens of other jedi who survived the Clone Wars in hiding, as well as other force sensitive users. As a matter of fact Palpatine collected force sensitives and trained them as dark side servants/assassins etc.

And it's true, there are only 2 sith. Not every dark jedi, or dark force user is a sith. The "two sith" they refer to are the master/apprentice duo. At the time of the Clone Wars, the two sith are Darth Sidious, and Darth Tyrannus. While Maul was part of this sith legacy, he lost his status when he was replaced.
Your first paragraph supports what we are saying. Thanks for the support. The fact there are others around likely just not part of the Jedi means Order 66 wasn't "hunt down all force users." That would be an endless job since more times than not, it was a phenom to be a force user. Vader would have been hunting them forever since someone would pop up every now and again.

That's why I don't think Order 66 was "kill all force users" but actually "kill all Jedi".

And also puts a part in the reason Obi-Wan told Yoda that Luke was their only hope. Obi-Wan knew who Leia was. He saw her born. He was in the room. He was in the room when Senator Organa wanted to raise Leia. Leia wasn't even given a new first name. So for Obi-Wan to think Luke was the only hope leads to believe Obi-Wan saw Luke as the sole force user willingly wanting to be a Jedi at that point. While Yoda felt once Leia found her true identity she would as well.

Jacen_Starsolo's Avatar


Jacen_Starsolo
03.03.2013 , 08:06 AM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Sindorin View Post
Flux Capacitor. If you're going to troll, do it right.
Wow. Never mistype in your life?