Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What happened to crit?

Ditolus
03.02.2013 , 02:51 AM | #1
I have 40 percent tech crit. But when I logged into the pts for the first time it was at 25 percent. Is this a gigantic nerf?

Kelderek
03.02.2013 , 03:08 PM | #2
Any stat that uses a rating (crit, alacrity, shield, absorb, defense, surge, accuracy) all had their curves altered to account for the new levels being added. It always takes more rating to get the same % at a higher level, and they just added in 5 levels. The amount of crit chance you get from your primary stat (Cunning, Aim, etc.) was also adjusted.

AFAIK there was no change at all to power, tech power, or force power as relates to bonus damage and healing.

Tamanous
03.05.2013 , 04:26 PM | #3
All the better for our smash monkey friends. They throw in a minor nerf and try hide the fact everyone else gets their crit nerfed while preserving all Power, 100% crit abilities.

Smash is already reporting much higher damages in PTS over live.

There is no nerf to smash ... everyone else has been nerfed.

DarthOvertone
03.06.2013 , 11:54 AM | #4
My understanding is that the contribution to Crit from Mainstat for all classes (Cunning for Snipers) has been lowered in 2.0. If you were receiving a lot of your Crit from Mainstat, then you will see a pronounced drop in your overall Crit Rating from live to 2.0.

Additionally, I heard the Crit soft cap has changed from 35% to 25%. As a result, players are stacking more Power than ever in builds and Specs with auto-crits are being embraced in a big way.

Unfortunately, I can't remember where I ran across this information so I don't have any links for you, but I've been keeping up with the threads on the PTS. You can certainly find more information in that forum.
Alphamaul, Alphanoob, Alphazen - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: There has been a PvP Awakening. Have you felt it?