Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Friendly Reminder: MVP for healers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Friendly Reminder: MVP for healers

biowareftw
03.02.2013 , 10:20 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
What? I'm on Pot5, and most of the PUGs I'm in I see healers easily getting 1/2 the votes (how's that for subjective statistics? ). Maybe you are an Imp, and because Imps are evil they hate healers and don't vote for them?
Low level imps on Pot5 are horrible due to having a ton of f2p's. People roll on the biggest pvp server, and they probably heard that "imps are better at pvp". They probably don't even know what the mvp vote is half the time.

Add to that many imps make alt republics and twink them out on Pot5.

It will all even out eventually. The crappy players will roll to what they perceive as the "winning side", and then both factions will blow in low level wz's.

MVP votes aren't a big deal anyways. This game is ridiculously easy to gear up in, so don't worry about it.

I actually saw someone ask where their experience bar was on drommand kaas empire side. So yeah...don't stress it.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

stupidsyrup
03.02.2013 , 10:24 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by biowareftw View Post
I actually saw someone ask where their experience bar was on drommand kaas empire side. So yeah...don't stress it.
Bwahahahaha! When I play my Imp they're all EXTREMELY smart. That's just too funny!

Ainsland
03.03.2013 , 10:13 AM | #23
I'm on PoT5 as well and from what I've seen, heals usually get the most love. Marauders however, get very little. Doesn't matter how much damage and objectives I do, I rarely get any. But it doesn't bother me as long as we win.

Quote: Originally Posted by biowareftw View Post
Low level imps on Pot5 are horrible due to having a ton of f2p's. People roll on the biggest pvp server, and they probably heard that "imps are better at pvp". They probably don't even know what the mvp vote is half the time.

Add to that many imps make alt republics and twink them out on Pot5.

It will all even out eventually. The crappy players will roll to what they perceive as the "winning side", and then both factions will blow in low level wz's.
Yep, pubs on PoT5 usually dominate lowbie wz's. The majority of them always seem to be lvl 35+ while most imperial teams consist of lvl 10-20. Pubs seem better coordinated and more experienced, compared to many imps who are still new to this game.

Technohic
03.03.2013 , 11:06 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Ainsland View Post
I'm on PoT5 as well and from what I've seen, heals usually get the most love. Marauders however, get very little. Doesn't matter how much damage and objectives I do, I rarely get any. But it doesn't bother me as long as we win.

[U]Yep, pubs on PoT5 usually dominate lowbie wz's. The majority of them always seem to be lvl 35+ while most imperial teams consist of lvl 10-20. Pubs seem better coordinated and more experienced, compared to many imps who are still new to this game.
I have to disagree with that. When F2P first went live it seemed that way, but it has really leveled out if you ask me. Then again, it may just be the fact that I had been playing a lot of sub-50 all on pub side recently and could just be a symptom of sub-50 PvP. Getting a little 50 PvP in yesterday was so much better.
Technohic - Sniper | Techno-Hic - Gunslinger | Cihonhcet - Scoundrel
Karnrage - Assassin | Egarnrak - Sage
Techen - Merc | Nehcet - Vanguard | Carnrage - Marauder | Egarnrac - Guardian
POT5

Daxy
03.03.2013 , 12:00 PM | #25
one of my biggest pet peeves is the self-promoting healer
this is compounded when 3 or 4 of them are on the same team and these types refuse to even auto-attack dps to help focus targets down

curiously, when it is time to vote i will usually vote for the top heals more often than not
i will specifically vote the healer when the green name appears over my toon as i'm being saved and it happens to be at the true points of crisis in a wz
but when the healer starts the wz as we zone in and says something such as "dont forget to vote for your healer for mvp-- i involuntarily will not vote and will sometimes go out of my way not to peel or protect even..."

everyone just do his job to the best of his ability and all will be well at the end of the wz

mulzii
03.03.2013 , 02:01 PM | #26
just came from a highly competitive match where a sage on my team continuously spammed their self-sacrifice/heal trick the entire match on the west node in Novare, with just us two defending. They continued to sacrifce their health/heal even when the enemy was incoming, and of course dying leaving me their to defend by myself. In the end, they had ~300k healing, most of which was this self-healing out of combat exploit crap. And since the other six folks didnt see what she was doing, they all voted for the big healing stat at the end of the match.

I'm seeing this alot lately, i will never vote for a healer (or anyone else for that matter) based on end-match stats. I only vote for what i can see not for any stats that people abuse (goes for dps and protection stats as well) on the other side of the map.

And for the 'legit' healers, yes they are important, but to get these big healing numbers usually mean some dps folks are doing some great peeling, some tanks are probably guarding/taunting correctly. Who is to say is the more important?

Senden
03.03.2013 , 04:50 PM | #27
Leveling on my powertech, I never get noticed for guarding healers and trying to keep attackers off them. Imho, MVP system should just be removed from the game. Half the time, the people who get the votes are the brain dead morons who focus on nothing but attacking enemies. Was in a warzone earlier and some guy got 4 votes.. he done nothing all game but stealth all the way up to the enemy completely ignoring the objective even if enemies were capping.

Also on the topic of MVP votes, why do the people who do the boring dirty never get votes? It's probably a lot different in level 50 warzones but while leveling, that lone person defending one of the side objectives on Alderaan, staying there the entire game and always calling out as soon as he needs help, never gets votes.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

AngusFTW
03.03.2013 , 06:57 PM | #28
red eclipse never votes for healers!!
http://assets-cloud.enjin.com/users/...al/1477256.jpg
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
55s.
Bleezar, Bleezár. Bleezlórd. Bleezard. Bleezford, Bleeznaut, Bleezfatt,
Lowbies
Bleezbian, Bleezguard, Bleezdian

vid
twitch

stupidsyrup
03.04.2013 , 01:42 AM | #29
Yeah. I AM NOT going to stand still and self heal the whole time. When doing the defending, I ask someone to come replace me so I can go heal the raiding group. And at the beginning when I get guard thrown on me, I always say thank you to the person who threw it on me and they usually reply np and I vote for them. Over half the time these guys are dont even use their guard on ANYONE, not even the DPS. And today I saw someone soooo desperate to DPS he even asked someone to take his place so he could get in kills. And what's with the players not wearing shirts?????? It doesn't make you look tough. It makes you look like a weak fool that can't live long enough for me to throw a heal on.

MotorCityMan
03.04.2013 , 02:00 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by stupidsyrup View Post
As the title says, this is just a friendly reminder that in Warzone's, if your healer does his job well, reward him for it. We don't get as many Medals as DPS'ers but we do our part to keep them alive. And also, normally for Heroics you put the guard on the DPS while Tank takes the aggro, but Warzone's are ENTIRELY different. The enemy marks you as soon as they see that green laser (I mainly use a healing Commando) and the snipers watch your every move. So be sure to put your guard on the healer. Do us a favor and just click that MVP button that allows us to get better gear faster and stay alive long enough to heal you to victory. And of course if you protect us well, we'll be sure to vote for you too!
I disagree. Healers are essentially worthless in WZs. That's why no one bothers to guard them or peel for them. They are easily killed by any dps, and cannot out heal the dmg a dps does. If someone does die, they are auto revived to full health and back in action in a matter of seconds. Couple that with the ineffectiveness of healers due to interrupts, knockbacks, stuns, and especially all the LOS issues, a healer is just wasting space more effectively taken by a dps.
A healer should never, ever get a MVP vote.