Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Datacron's on Makeb?

Bethmora
03.01.2013 , 07:45 PM | #1
So will we see any new datacrons on Makeb?

Jamus_Divinus
03.01.2013 , 07:46 PM | #2
2 Datacrons on Makeb. According to the achievement system on the PTS (Makeb Datacron 0/2)
Star Wars Galaxies - Bria Server - April 2005- December 2011
200,000,000+ Mounts:192/206 Pets:170/178
Achievement points:26700 Ships mastered: 21/24

Drudenfusz
03.01.2013 , 09:16 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Jamus_Divinus View Post
2 Datacrons on Makeb. According to the achievement system on the PTS (Makeb Datacron 0/2)
Just two? Somehow I excpected more... guess they will have to be like the fleet one and increase multiple stats, otherwise it would not everyone would get their stats... or it must be one endurance and one presence... which would be somewhat lame.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

deathsg
03.01.2013 , 10:27 PM | #4
everything is still subject to change.

WarbNull
03.01.2013 , 11:22 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
Just two? Somehow I excpected more... guess they will have to be like the fleet one and increase multiple stats, otherwise it would not everyone would get their stats... or it must be one endurance and one presence... which would be somewhat lame.
What if it was Matrix Shards? Maybe some new colors for maybe new Matrix Cube Relics to make with different stats than what we already can make from them. That would interest me.
Khai-Kun Legacy Shadowlands
Smuggler Gunslinger Saboteur
Jedi Consular Sage
Bounty Hunter PowerTech Pyrotech

Drudenfusz
03.02.2013 , 12:12 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by WarbNull View Post
What if it was Matrix Shards? Maybe some new colors for maybe new Matrix Cube Relics to make with different stats than what we already can make from them. That would interest me.
Okay, let us assume for a moment it is one or two matrix shards. If they have the colour we already have, they are boring. If it is a new colour, why then not three shards? If it is one or two new colours, they would make make it less urgend to have three of the same colour and also if the best comination is only with the new colour(s) then it would mean that everyone who is not going to buy the expension will get an additional penalty which I think is a bad place to start. So, overall, I see no addvantage in having there matrix shards, but plenty of drawbacks.

TheNahash
03.02.2013 , 12:23 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
and also if the best comination is only with the new colour(s) then it would mean that everyone who is not going to buy the expension will get an additional penalty which I think is a bad place to start.
Um, why?
What if the new Matrix Cube (if there is a new one) is for level 55 only?

Also, you must understand that there are bound to be things that will make buying the expansion more enticing. I don't see why you'd consider it "an additional penalty". The game is moving on. If someone chooses not to move on with it, more power to them, but they should be aware that they will no longer have access to the best gear. They shouldn't hold back because someone might not want to buy the expansion nor should they give out everything for free, since this is still a freemium and not a completely free MMO.

Drudenfusz
03.02.2013 , 12:33 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
Um, why?
What if the new Matrix Cube (if there is a new one) is for level 55 only?

Also, you must understand that there are bound to be things that will make buying the expansion more enticing. I don't see why you'd consider it "an additional penalty". The game is moving on. If someone chooses not to move on with it, more power to them, but they should be aware that they will no longer have access to the best gear. They shouldn't hold back because someone might not want to but the expansion nor should they give out everything for free, since this is still a freemium and not a completely free MMO.
Best gear will still come from operation, and everyone with a sub can play them. So, people who are happy with just doing that don't need Makeb, and should not to have to need it. Anyway, just a whole new matrix cube would cheapen all the other matrix shards in the game, regardless how BioWare will do it (the only version not to cheapen them is by adding 4 new shards of the colours we have and make it possible to bind four shards of the same clour to be the new best matrix cube, but you need to have four new datacrons to do so).

I don't think BioWare should necessarily give out stuff for free, but when they start separating players (which is in my opinion always a bad idea in an MMO), they should not make it about money spend (because it would become pay to win that way, because if you don't buy it you are no longer able to get the best stuff).

SithKoriandr
03.02.2013 , 12:42 AM | #9
There's also no reason they can't make them a +AIM and a +STRENGTH Cube, and save the other two stats for the next planet.

Probably not going to happen that way, but possible, and wouldn't be that bad of an idea.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

PetFish
03.02.2013 , 01:25 AM | #10
Hopefully.

Maybe some that have higher stats like +20 and you have to be at least Level 50 to open them or something. I'd love to see some that require a group to get or at least a challenge since it's been so long since the last ones.

I'd love some new uses for Matrix shards to create some unique crystals or some new useful relics.
Here's my referral link if you want to help me out and also get your 7 days and free transfer:
www.swtor.com/r/SYTfDw
Need help with any Datacrons? Look me up:
Harbinger | Dalari'ia Republic | Faloni'ia Imperial