Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars 1313 might enter development hell

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Star Wars 1313 might enter development hell

SNCommand
03.01.2013 , 02:41 PM | #1
Been some time since 1313 was announced, and there's been very little heard from it, some people are starting to suspect the game might end up delayed and might even turn into vaporware

http://kotaku.com/5987674/the-strang...certain-future

I can't deny that there's been a long time since we saw any update about the game, but I hope the latest inclusion in the Clone Wars, and the few bits of information about it that gets released means it's still in production

At least they've made some of the music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=2Tmh8boOBQU
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

Jonoku
03.01.2013 , 02:49 PM | #2
Maybe they say something about SW 1313 at PAX this march.

Eillack
03.01.2013 , 05:49 PM | #3
Ah was thinking about making a thread about this after reading that article on my tablet yesterday.

In the end.... Disney's fault.

Now 1313 can be added to the would be great SW games that were stopped short...
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.
Referral Code
The Benefits of Referrals (Includes 7 Days of Subscription Level Access, and More!)

TheBBP
03.01.2013 , 06:16 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Ah was thinking about making a thread about this after reading that article on my tablet yesterday.

In the end.... Disney's fault.

Now 1313 can be added to the would be great SW games that were stopped short...
The game could be put on hiatus of any number of reasons. Or do you really think that the folks at Disney were looking at what would be an incredible game that is sure to make them money and said "Nahhhh..."?
Jano Aras'im - Knight of the Republic
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

Eillack
03.01.2013 , 06:19 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
The game could be put on hiatus of any number of reasons. Or do you really think that the folks at Disney were looking at what would be an incredible game that is sure to make them money and say "Nahhhh..."?
No, I'm saying the Disney transaction led to the game being put on hold, for obvious reasons of LA/Disney wanted the Post Trilogy over SW games.

Cause and Effect simply.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.
Referral Code
The Benefits of Referrals (Includes 7 Days of Subscription Level Access, and More!)

SNCommand
03.01.2013 , 06:26 PM | #6
Yeah, I get the feeling Disney wants to stop building up the Clone Wars and Rise of the Empire era and go full steam ahead at building up a new Post RotJ
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

TheBBP
03.01.2013 , 10:22 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
Yeah, I get the feeling Disney wants to stop building up the Clone Wars and Rise of the Empire era and go full steam ahead at building up a new Post RotJ
I would be super happy to see a post-RoTJ era that did not include the Vong.
Jano Aras'im - Knight of the Republic
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk