Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question for a Moderator

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Heated_Bronco
03.01.2013 , 01:23 PM | #1
I am a Master's student, and for my thesis I am doing a survey on collaboration in Star Wars: The Old Republic. This survey is not for any profit, and will not ask for any personal information. I would like to know if I can post a link to this survey on this forum?

chuixupu
03.01.2013 , 02:20 PM | #2
I don't recall anything in the rules against posting surveys, but who knows. It is good of you to ask, though I suppose if they don't see this and give an answer the worst that would probably happen is the thread is removed.

http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/rulesofconduct
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

CourtneyWoods
03.01.2013 , 02:24 PM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Heated_Bronco View Post
I am a Master's student, and for my thesis I am doing a survey on collaboration in Star Wars: The Old Republic. This survey is not for any profit, and will not ask for any personal information. I would like to know if I can post a link to this survey on this forum?
Hey Heated_Bronco,

As long as you are not asking for personal information and the survey is not for profit, you can link to it in the forums.
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Nydus
03.01.2013 , 03:11 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Heated_Bronco View Post
Has a committee of old white men with beards and tweed jackets deemed your experiment ethical?

Very good on you for asking. Make sure to include this sentence:
To understand the online gamer, one must learn to communicate with them. In communication, one must show a deference and respect to shared social protocols. The "Forum Rules" are often not enough to ensure safety as comments by the uninitiated, even ones seemingly innocuous in nature, can result in what is termed a "flame war".

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)