Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What do you think of AHG now?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
What do you think of AHG now?

Arlanon
03.01.2013 , 10:01 AM | #11
They don't control mid cause our zerg killed them

or did you think i meant our entire team camps the pylon the entire round? zerg is in constant patrol back and forth

the boxes respawn halfway through a round we grab those too

Joesixxpack
03.01.2013 , 10:07 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
That moment. When you harpoon the squishiest target out of the center and right into the midst of your team, only to watch your team run by and each attack a different target.
That moment.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hot'Sawce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | JadeFox Sorc | AngelEyes Merc | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
DEAD SERVER REFUGEE

-Fal-
03.01.2013 , 10:10 AM | #13
I hate it.
It's just an object, doesn't mean what you think.

Draqsko
03.01.2013 , 10:17 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlanon View Post
They don't control mid cause our zerg killed them

or did you think i meant our entire team camps the pylon the entire round? zerg is in constant patrol back and forth

the boxes respawn halfway through a round we grab those too
You do know the doors open in the middle of the round right? So after that first zerg when you killed everyone in mid, you zerg back to the pylon, to cap it.. but their respawn has opened and most likely their team is controlling mid now while you are capping your pylon. They have established position at the choke point closest to you, making a zerg back into mid harder, because their healers have LOS'd you by standing against the wall, firing down heals onto their team, while you can't even see them. Meanwhile your healers are easily within sight of every ranged DPS sitting in the doorway unless they move behind those things on the sides, in which case they LOS their team and can't heal them. And just try pushing past a pair of guardian tanks guarding the choke point. You aren't doing it, they will spam slows and AOE mez, while their DPSers pick off your team one by one.

Your tactics work against bads, it won't work against good players that know how to establish and hold a position. I've personally held the choke point in mid with 2 healers and 2 DPS at my back on my guardian tank, against the entire other team, with 3 people running orbs alternately (2 run, one guards pylon, when first runner comes within sight of the pylon, guard runs back to grab an orb). It was a massacre, by round 3 we pulled back to our pylon for full defense, and still finished with almost 3 times their score. We could have capped a pylon, turned in 1 orb (since those give instant points), and let them have the pylon and still won.

Ridickilis
03.01.2013 , 10:20 AM | #15
Mark me down in the 'I absolutely hate this WZ' crowd.

I'm sure it's great for ranked and alike but it's the most brutal WZ to go through when pugging. Absolutely brutal. I leave as soon as it pops now.

Arlanon
03.01.2013 , 10:25 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Draqsko
You do know the doors open in the middle of the round right? So after that first zerg when you killed everyone in mid, you zerg back to the pylon, to cap it.. but their respawn has opened and most likely their team is controlling mid now while you are capping your pylon. They have established position at the choke point closest to you, making a zerg back into mid harder, because their healers have LOS'd you by standing against the wall, firing down heals onto their team, while you can't even see them. Meanwhile your healers are easily within sight of every ranged DPS sitting in the doorway unless they move behind those things on the sides, in which case they LOS their team and can't heal them. And just try pushing past a pair of guardian tanks guarding the choke point. You aren't doing it, they will spam slows and AOE mez, while their DPSers pick off your team one by one.

Your tactics work against bads, it won't work against good players that know how to establish and hold a position. I've personally held the choke point in mid with 2 healers and 2 DPS at my back on my guardian tank, against the entire other team, with 3 people running orbs alternately (2 run, one guards pylon, when first runner comes within sight of the pylon, guard runs back to grab an orb). It was a massacre, by round 3 we pulled back to our pylon for full defense, and still finished with almost 3 times their score. We could have capped a pylon, turned in 1 orb (since those give instant points), and let them have the pylon and still won.
And this this bus blasted through and ran everyone over

etc

AdmiralOnasi
03.01.2013 , 10:26 AM | #17
I really like the map and the mechanics and how they give you a few different strategies to work with. That said, I can't tell you how many times I've rolled my eyes during this warzone. It is shocking how often people will cap the pylon, then leave it completely unguarded so they can go zerg in the middle.Too many people treat the game like it's ACW, and I see teams give up all the time when a double cap in the final round would win the game (people do this in Denova too).

Technohic
03.01.2013 , 10:26 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Ridickilis View Post
Mark me down in the 'I absolutely hate this WZ' crowd.

I'm sure it's great for ranked and alike but it's the most brutal WZ to go through when pugging. Absolutely brutal. I leave as soon as it pops now.
LOL This is why I am unsure. You get a good group against another good group and it can be fun. Usually though, I head to our pylon and make sure its held, because PUGs cannot be trusted. If I do go middle, I am constantly checking my map to see we have guards and looking out there to see whats going on whenever possible, but usually? Just don't let them double cap. Get the medals and call it a match.
Quote: Originally Posted by proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him.

Daxy
03.01.2013 , 10:43 AM | #19
hate it

will only play it on my lowbie sin to practice technique and such
will only play it on my 50's when just finishing game will get me my daily done and the team has 18k hp +

just way too many layers of ignorance and derp to filter through for this to make my $15 a month worth the cost of admission

Draqsko
03.01.2013 , 11:10 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Daxy View Post
hate it

will only play it on my lowbie sin to practice technique and such
will only play it on my 50's when just finishing game will get me my daily done and the team has 18k hp +

just way too many layers of ignorance and derp to filter through for this to make my $15 a month worth the cost of admission
I find it more enjoyable in the 50s bracket, where people have a modicum of intelligence with how to play this wz.

It's the under 50s that makes me pull my hair out. You know stuff like:
That one sage sitting in respawn switching doors thinking they are going solo rambo cap the other node.
The last person left on a node where you just fought off a cap at the start of the round not staying to watch but going mid with everyone else, after 10 seconds hesitation, so none of the smart players can just reverse and guard, and instead have to disengage to pull back to guard (here's a hint, they tried once for that node, chances are, they'll try again).
People capping orbs, and then standing there fighting in mid, or worse, just stand in mid being a practice dummy (the worst is when you repeatedly say in chat to run the orb back like 4 or 5 times, and then after that they say something in spanish or portuguese, I just smash my face on the desk at this point).

But yeah, I know that feeling you have. Best I can tell you is, get a group to warzone with, or join a guild that groups up, it's infinitely more enjoyable. I think this warzone more than any other except huttball is really designed with group play in mind. Zergging pugs generally tend to not work well here against an organized group.