Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just returned to SWTOR to find myself on the Bastion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Bastion
Just returned to SWTOR to find myself on the Bastion

Elaithe
02.28.2013 , 11:31 PM | #1
So I ask, what does the server scene/community look like? I used to be a part of a high profile raiding guild on The Swiftsure before 1.2 hit and I ended up quitting until now.

What's PvE look like? Whose got more going on Pubs or Imps?

Same with PvP, is the server balanced? Does one side dominate the other? Is there a ranked WZ scene here? I would like to stay here since my legacy is here but I don't know anything about the server.

Thanks!

Tommytwotoes
02.28.2013 , 11:53 PM | #2
Welcome to hell
Scopeseven ate nine
Bastion

unbreak_able
03.01.2013 , 02:23 AM | #3
The Badstion is so hardcore, many players have re-rolled to other servers. Oh, we also have the best trolls.

There is no faction loyalty in this game, so the Imps and the Pubs are for the most part, the same people. For example, I will be able to play with you regardless of which faction you pick.

RWZ is gaining some momentum on this server, right now both sides field strong teams.

I can't really comment on the PvE side of things.

shammah
03.01.2013 , 03:48 AM | #4
All the 15k F2P's from runescape went to imp side and said hey lets be kool kids and do pvp. Hence why imps lose regs. Rwz on the other hand Hey im mvp and strictly business smash pub and pug face every time. Pve: i got no clue

Adeptofwar
03.01.2013 , 05:46 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by shammah View Post
All the 15k F2P's from runescape went to imp side and said hey lets be kool kids and do pvp. Hence why imps lose regs. Rwz on the other hand Hey im mvp and strictly business smash pub and pug face every time. Pve: i got no clue
Imps have the highs and the lows, and the Pubs have the **** subs who think Tionese gear is the pinnacle of PvP gear and is better than recruit gear.

I left around 1.2 and came back twice, after they put in legacy perks and then again right before 1.7. TOR is pretty forgiving if you wanna get back into the game honestly. Just find a good imp or pub guild to pvp with and take the week to grind out WH gear or grind PVE weeklies to get BH gear, you can be full 61 in no time and start doing HM EC and TFBs within the month.

GL finding a guild to really progress with the Expac on the horizon. At this point I'm just farming creds and WZ comms for 2.0. If you can't find what you want in live roll a toon in PTS til you find one you like, then spend the last months of 1.x grinding alts.

As for what faction, I'd honestly say Imps for real progression due to their overwhelming majority population wise. Pubs are cool, but there are so many bad subs. Guilds like <Jeejee> who are "pvp" guilds and suck harder than an overclocked hoover.

murkin
03.01.2013 , 10:08 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Elaithe View Post
So I ask, what does the server scene/community look like? I used to be a part of a high profile raiding guild on The Swiftsure before 1.2 hit and I ended up quitting until now.

What's PvE look like? Whose got more going on Pubs or Imps?

Same with PvP, is the server balanced? Does one side dominate the other? Is there a ranked WZ scene here? I would like to stay here since my legacy is here but I don't know anything about the server.

Thanks!
I'm a pver at heart and I think you'll enjoy your time here. Don't listen to Scope. The community here is very loving and we enjoy being each others cuddle buddy. Also you'll need to get your ticket early for Illum. I heard the lines can be quite long.
mX | Twitch

Talorra
03.01.2013 , 12:52 PM | #7
Hey Elaithe! Welcome back.

Catch me in game when you get a chance.
M'arik <Intrepid> 16-player Progression The Harbinger
IntrepidOps.com | Live Stream | Recruitment Thread | @Twitter

ancksunamur
03.01.2013 , 03:05 PM | #8
awww so much hate, ya PVPers are jaded, but lets be honest when aren't they complaining about balance, win/loss ratio or new people. As far as PVE goes well SuckaFish leads them all being consistently on top of the server, paving the way. Then there is Level Cap, who complains about recruitment and pugging players cause "they're too good to do 8man's" and am sure there are some other guilds after those 2 but to be honest they are few and far between and come and go faster then the rain in Guam.
HMFiC of SuckaFish - Empire (The Bastion)

http://SuckaFish.enjin.com
50 Powertech: Donn

Elaithe
03.01.2013 , 11:57 PM | #9
Hey Mar'ek! Yes I will def hit you up as soon as I can.

Also, thanks everyone for the info, I think I like this server ^_-

ThatGuyAnon
03.04.2013 , 02:18 PM | #10
Don't go to Section X without a buddy or two you will be killed by us Imperials!