Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Tracer Missile animation change.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Bounty Hunter > Mercenary
Tracer Missile animation change.

Kaedusz's Avatar


Kaedusz
03.26.2013 , 10:16 AM | #21
I was not crying.This is not crying.I was simply expressing anger towards the players that forced the change..Crying is when the complaint is directed towards the developers which was not the case here,mostly.

Anyway this is was long time ago,i have gotten used to the new animation by now and i am playing my mercenary exclusively atm.Still some noticable sound effect would be better.To not hear a thing when a missile is being launched is wrong.

Another idea is to put the tracer missile animation swap/unswap with the old animation and sound in the cartel market in the Cosmetics/Consumables section.just an idea

Choffware's Avatar


Choffware
03.26.2013 , 02:07 PM | #22
For the last time... There is overwhelming evidence to support that Bioware does not make changes solely based on player opinion. If there were no merit to the game mechanic reasons some people "cried about" they wouldn't have changed it... end of story. You can go on beating this dead horse but it wasn't because people whined it was because it was broken.
Mantorin 55 Marauder || Choff lvl 55 Merc || Chof lvl 51 Sorc

Goonbag's Avatar


Goonbag
03.26.2013 , 05:00 PM | #23
Best change ever IMO...spamming 'take a dump' animation was just crazy. Too bad you liked it, most of us are happy its been applied to a lower order cast in our priority rotation.
Squadron 419 Australian Test Group

Koyaanisqat's Avatar


Koyaanisqat
03.26.2013 , 06:25 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Goonbag View Post
Best change ever IMO...spamming 'take a dump' animation was just crazy. Too bad you liked it, most of us are happy its been applied to a lower order cast in our priority rotation.
Yeah, I like that the animation changed. Giving tracer a wrist-mounted fire with an added laser-sight pointer was a great change.
Elgyn Vriess, Space Pirate of the KDY-MANTIS Amelia, HYPERSPACE LEGEND.
Courier at large; Mercenary at small.
Elgyn Vriess Courier Company: When you need tab A inserted into slot B without C getting in the way. No questions asked (besides, "What'll it pay?").

banehammer's Avatar


banehammer
03.26.2013 , 06:33 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Koyaanisqat View Post
Yeah, I like that the animation changed. Giving tracer a wrist-mounted fire with an added laser-sight pointer was a great change.
Agree too. The animation is awesome now...

They just have to improve the audio.. Low priority.. But still it'd be nice.
Endoor | Guardian Grenade wielding Jedi
Tokkugawa | Vanguard Bioanalyst face melter
Blasttor | Scoundrel Space pirates do it from behind
Predattor | Mercenary Mandalore would be lucky to have me

nogoodtomedead's Avatar


nogoodtomedead
03.27.2013 , 12:59 AM | #26
Hey Op,

I've been playing a arsenal merc since early access. I agree that the fireball/hole in the ground was/is pretty cool. I hope I can maybe shine some light on this topic for you, through my own point of view. I would imagine a "tracer missile" would be significantly smaller than a normal missile. To me it makes sense for tracer missile to be a smaller missile because its purpose is to leave a heat signature. I think a great compromise would be to give heatseeker missile the current fusion missile animation, since after all heatseeker missile is our hardest hitting missile attack. Plus it would give variety to our character attack stance more often than just a raise of the arm.

Just my thoughts on the topic and I hope it may have changed yours a bit.

mandoforlife's Avatar


mandoforlife
03.28.2013 , 03:22 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by nogoodtomedead View Post
Hey Op,

I've been playing a arsenal merc since early access. I agree that the fireball/hole in the ground was/is pretty cool. I hope I can maybe shine some light on this topic for you, through my own point of view. I would imagine a "tracer missile" would be significantly smaller than a normal missile. To me it makes sense for tracer missile to be a smaller missile because its purpose is to leave a heat signature. I think a great compromise would be to give heatseeker missile the current fusion missile animation, since after all heatseeker missile is our hardest hitting missile attack. Plus it would give variety to our character attack stance more often than just a raise of the arm.

Just my thoughts on the topic and I hope it may have changed yours a bit.
Heatseeker Missile is probably my favorite animation in the game, I would personally hate the change you propose here. Wouldn't it look weird to have a jetpack-fired missile be instant cast? Just wouldn't look right. I'm just disappointed that the big explosion of flame on impact from Fusion Missile was lost when the animation was switched with Tracer Missile.
Vamark Skirata 55 Mercenary <Meet Killface>
Sirsuitntie Sorcerer - Jatne Operative - Zaavar Assassin - Alsaire Marauder
The Bastion

nogoodtomedead's Avatar


nogoodtomedead
03.29.2013 , 08:20 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by mandoforlife View Post
Heatseeker Missile is probably my favorite animation in the game, I would personally hate the change you propose here. Wouldn't it look weird to have a jetpack-fired missile be instant cast? Just wouldn't look right. I'm just disappointed that the big explosion of flame on impact from Fusion Missile was lost when the animation was switched with Tracer Missile.
I can see your point of view on my proposed change, but I don't think switching tracer missile back to its original animation is a great idea either. If all else add the sound,explosion, and crater back to it.

nogoodtomedead's Avatar


nogoodtomedead
03.29.2013 , 08:28 AM | #29
odd it posted my response twice LOL.

killmaimburn's Avatar


killmaimburn
03.29.2013 , 06:37 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
* * *
Also, i feel i have to remind everyone again that the people that wanted this change were a minority but a very vocal one.Most people i ask in the game don't really care and those that want the old animation back are more than those that are fully happy with the change.
* * *
Oh no they were not. You don't get to rewrite history to suit your perception just because this happened a year ago. That animation was out of place. The community CELEBRATED when the animation was swapped. You actually have the minority opinion. If you did any pvp when it was worth pvp'ing with a merc than you would understand what people are saying about it making you a target. It did. The animation now is more fluid. It flies off the wrist.