Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bounty Hunter Mercenary Ability - Jump-pack?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Bounty Hunter Mercenary Ability - Jump-pack?

DangerousViper
03.04.2013 , 11:42 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Elria View Post
Animation isn't as big of a problem as you'd think. It's simple animation starts your in the air taking off animation ends with you starting to land at point B. They don't have to show the inbetween
Didn't think about that, but yeah! That's how they made it with the Force Leap Ability. I really really hope they'll ake this possible. And I hope you guys maybe could spread the word about this kind of ability!

Is there any forum for suggestions or so?
Dribbiz Desann Clan Desann

Pharohsa
03.06.2013 , 02:22 AM | #12
When you think of these things, don't forget to work out how this would apply to our mirror, the Trooper. I was thinking about a targeted, jet boosted leap of say 30 meters. That could work for both classes, especially with Powertech/ Vanguard. Thoughts?

DangerousViper
03.12.2013 , 08:06 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Pharohsa View Post
When you think of these things, don't forget to work out how this would apply to our mirror, the Trooper. I was thinking about a targeted, jet boosted leap of say 30 meters. That could work for both classes, especially with Powertech/ Vanguard. Thoughts?
Yeah, we've been talking about the Trooper version of this ability. We came up with a grapple. So you can grapple yourself to a set point.
But these abilties should mainly be for Mercenary/Commando since we are pretty often stuck in tight PvP situations where we need some kind of escape ability, a mobility buff.

JimmyTheCannon
03.12.2013 , 02:44 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Pharohsa View Post
The Vanguard already has "Storm" to the Powertech's Jet Charge. It's essentially a running jump of up to 30 meters, so they can already do that.

DangerousViper
03.12.2013 , 03:01 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by JimmyTheCannon View Post
The Vanguard already has "Storm" to the Powertech's Jet Charge. It's essentially a running jump of up to 30 meters, so they can already do that.
Though this thread is about something else! This is about the Mercenaries and the Commandos, about an mobility buff for them to escape tight situations (in PvP for example).
Please, check the YouTube link that I have in the first message in this thread. An ability like that in the video but instead with a JetPack for the Mercenaries and a Grapple for the Commandos.

JimmyTheCannon
03.12.2013 , 07:26 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DangerousViper View Post
Though this thread is about something else! This is about the Mercenaries and the Commandos, about an mobility buff for them to escape tight situations (in PvP for example).
Please, check the YouTube link that I have in the first message in this thread. An ability like that in the video but instead with a JetPack for the Mercenaries and a Grapple for the Commandos.
Sorry, I was unclear - I was pointing out that Bioware has already shown that they can come up with a non-jetpack animation for the Trooper class that works to mirror a jetpack movement ability. And the person I was quoting brought up Vanguards and Powertechs.

DangerousViper
03.13.2013 , 09:17 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by JimmyTheCannon View Post
Sorry, I was unclear - I was pointing out that Bioware has already shown that they can come up with a non-jetpack animation for the Trooper class that works to mirror a jetpack movement ability. And the person I was quoting brought up Vanguards and Powertechs.
Oh, okay! I see :P