Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How are you guys gearing your sniper on the PTS?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
How are you guys gearing your sniper on the PTS?

Kelderek
02.28.2013 , 10:40 AM | #1
I'm interested in seeing how you guys are modifying the new Arkanian gear on the PTS -- especially those of you who are able to get very high parses.

How much crit rating are you using?
Are you Accuracy capped at 100% ranged/110% tech? If not, how much Accuracy Rating do you have?
Do you have any Alacrity Rating?

For those really high parses, did you have augments on your gear? If so, were they the new level 55 purples? Was it Skill Augments or something else?

What relic combo did you use?

I have been fooling around with all of this for a while and I can't quite figure out what is the best combo. I seem to get the best results when I am accuracy capped at 100/110%, but that means I have no surge or alacrity -- as full Lethality I have no room to pick up the Marksman skill for the free 3% accuracy.

Kelderek
02.28.2013 , 03:11 PM | #2
Here's the best I've managed to do so far:

2312 DPS
Full Lethality: 5/5/36
109.97% Accuracy (432 rating)
27.51% crit chance (393 rating)
67.61% crit multiplier (288 rating)
1278.9 Bonus Damage (986 power, 2801 cunning)
0 alacrity rating

Purple Skill 22 augments in most slots
War Hero relic of boundless ages / Dread Guard internal dmg proc relic
Rakata cunning stim and Rakata power adrenal used.
Full Class buffs

islander
03.02.2013 , 12:51 AM | #3
i'm just winging it honestly. Only getting one piece a day though, the warzones are a little slower, and if you get no healers you're pretty screwed. I myself am curious what my stats will end up looking like, in the end.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

paowee
03.02.2013 , 12:58 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
i'm just winging it honestly. Only getting one piece a day though, the warzones are a little slower, and if you get no healers you're pretty screwed. I myself am curious what my stats will end up looking like, in the end.
I am running with all acc/power and power/surge enhancements and all power mods. Same for implants and earpiece. I have no Crit mods/enhancements at all. When i can grab em i plan on swapping to power augments as well.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Kelderek
03.02.2013 , 03:10 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
I am running with all acc/power and power/surge enhancements and all power mods. Same for implants and earpiece. I have no Crit mods/enhancements at all. When i can grab em i plan on swapping to power augments as well.
It sounds like your number must be close to what I posted above, does that look similar to you? If your crit rating is as low as you say, then you probably only have about 20-22% crit chance buffed. Of course if you don't have surge then the value of crit goes way down.

paowee
03.02.2013 , 04:27 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelderek View Post
It sounds like your number must be close to what I posted above, does that look similar to you? If your crit rating is as low as you say, then you probably only have about 20-22% crit chance buffed. Of course if you don't have surge then the value of crit goes way down.
Yeah it is just personal preference and i "feel" I can attain 2700 DPS more consistently with all an power build when running Hybrid. Also I'm playing around with Marks a lot. >_<

For more reading: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=601726 on the PTS

http://i.imgur.com/Pwxk8Jz.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/e2W1yoe.jpg

Crit % (from crit) - Now scales roughly 122% slower
Crit % (from main stat) - Now scales roughly 140% slower. The soft cap has also been reduced to 20% (from 30%)

Surge % - Now scales roughly 100% slower
Accuracy % - Now scales roughly 118% slower

EDIT: My stats look like

Power 1371 Bonus damage (tech) = 1313 Power
Accuracy 106.06% with +3% Accuracy Talent = 360 Acc rating
Tech Critical Chance 21.19 % = 0 Crit Rating
Crit Multiplier 70% = 360 Surge

EDIT2: http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forum...3-page-26.html P.S.
Quote:
Spoiler

I found that 1441 power and 0 critical rating was giving the highest yield: 3277.85 average damage.

I also tried pulling out all my cunning augments and throwing power ones in there and this is the average damage I got was this: 3285.26.
Seems that power is even better for damage now than mainstat.

The only problem with my calculations so far is that in order to get the accurate damage I just shot the operations dummy 10 times and divided the total damage by ten (not using critical hits). This gave me the base tooltip damage for the program. I did this because I wasn't sure how to add in that extra 10% armor penetration. This is the most accurate test I could do without the time to figure out how to account for that extra armor penetration. This shouldn't account for much difference in damage.

Nothing extremely definitive yet, but I'd love to hear what we could do to test this.

Kelderek
03.02.2013 , 05:59 PM | #7
Power 1371 Bonus damage (tech) = 1313 Power
Accuracy 106.06% with +3% Accuracy Talent = 360 Acc rating
Tech Critical Chance 21.19 % = 0 Crit Rating
Crit Multiplier 70% = 360 Surge
I found it difficult to have enough energy when I tried running with 0 crit rating on a 5/5/36 build. Did you have energy trouble at all?

paowee
03.03.2013 , 07:54 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelderek View Post
I found it difficult to have enough energy when I tried running with 0 crit rating on a 5/5/36 build. Did you have energy trouble at all?
I haven't been playing Full Lethality a lot but yeah running it with 0 Crit Rating is a bit tougher on the energy but still manageable. I definitely am using a lot more Rifle Shots which brings down DPS. Also does not help that I have the 2pc PVP set bonus. If I use the 4pc pve bonus it should be better on the regen...

Kelderek
03.03.2013 , 12:44 PM | #9
I haven't been playing Full Lethality a lot but yeah running it with 0 Crit Rating is a bit tougher on the energy but still manageable. I definitely am using a lot more Rifle Shots which brings down DPS. Also does not help that I have the 2pc PVP set bonus. If I use the 4pc pve bonus it should be better on the regen...
My energy trouble with 0 crit was including the 4pc PVE, it would be nearly impossible for me if I didn't have that -- which will suck because I do not have the 4pc on live right now, I and 2-and-2 pve + pvp right now.

My problem is that while I'm plowing through my abilities I'm not sure if I should insert a rifle shot occasionally, even when I'm not waiting for anything to be off CD. Historically my preference has been to only use rifle shots as a last resort when everything else is on CD and I want to save energy instead of using snipe. I guess what I'm trying to say is that in 2.0 full lethality uses enough different abilities that I'm rarely waiting on cooldowns at all, and the only reason to use rifle shot would be for energy management.