Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best healer atm.

Draqsko
02.28.2013 , 10:51 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
scoundrel > sage > sentinel > shadow >guardian > commando

fixed for you

no, joking, Commandos/mercsa are good single target healers, operatvies/scoundrels are good Heal over Time healers (and they have stealth!), while sorcs have lots of force and can heal stupid.
Since I play a Scoundrel healer... I have to respectfully disagree.. Our AOE Heal is pitiful compared to a sage/sorcs. Our HoT is resource management hell to put up on everyone. We are great single target healers, with the ability to keep anyone under 30% hp up indefinately with EM refunding UH, but sages and sorcs are better TEAM healers. As a tank or DPS, if it's a 2v2 or 2v3 or 2v4 fight, I want that scoundrel healer with me. But when it's 6v6 on a node you have to cap or defend, I want that sage, always. Their ability to keep a group of people up is incomparable.

DrewFromPhilly
02.28.2013 , 10:54 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Rendolphe View Post
Always fun to get smash for 6.8K on my sage and full it back with my self heal instant cast XD.
Someone told me I was hacking after I did that once

Also I have both op and sorc but prefer the sorc for pvp

Atramar
02.28.2013 , 10:58 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Draqsko View Post
Since I play a Scoundrel healer... I have to respectfully disagree.. Our AOE Heal is pitiful compared to a sage/sorcs. Our HoT is resource management hell to put up on everyone. We are great single target healers, with the ability to keep anyone under 30% hp up indefinately with EM refunding UH, but sages and sorcs are better TEAM healers. As a tank or DPS, if it's a 2v2 or 2v3 or 2v4 fight, I want that scoundrel healer with me. But when it's 6v6 on a node you have to cap or defend, I want that sage, always. Their ability to keep a group of people up is incomparable.
I have operative healer, with that super HoT, I am reffering to changes in 2.0.
also with free heal that regens energy, I think operative/scoundrel healing resource managment is super easy (well, you can't spam heal stupid, but can heal for ethernity.
with 2.0 fixing our open heal burst, quality of life goes up.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Draqsko
02.28.2013 , 11:04 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
I have operative healer, with that super HoT, I am reffering to changes in 2.0.
also with free heal that regens energy, I think operative/scoundrel healing resource managment is super easy (well, you can't spam heal stupid, but can heal for ethernity.
with 2.0 fixing our open heal burst, quality of life goes up.
Haven't tried 2.0 yet so can't comment on that, but as it is on live.. alone with a healer, I want a scoundrel.. in a group fighting over a node, I want a sage.. To give a better idea, the best sage healer on my server has hit 1 million heals, the best scoundrel healer has hit 750k.. Both are really good at what they do, but sage heals can just get stupidly high with bubbles and AOE heals.

Carter_Mathis
02.28.2013 , 11:08 AM | #15
Bubble stun sage has the highest effective healing, but both scoundrel and sage can go between 1.4k and 1.5k hps in the right matches.
Reasoning why bubble stun is the best: Upon the destruction of a bubble, kinetic collapse causes all enemies within 5m to be hard stunned for 3 seconds. Say you bubble stuns about 3 people when it pops. That's 3 seconds of effective healing. Say each person does about 700 dps (not great, but not bad). Over those 3 seconds, you just prevented 6.3k damage, while still casting other abilities. So while it doesn't show it, a bubble sage who pulled the same hps as a scoundrel did a ton more in effective healing.
Vasyel- Prime Defense- Scoundrel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Guardian, Vanguard, Sentinel, Marauder

Aramyth
02.28.2013 , 11:17 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
Bubble stun sage has the highest effective healing, but both scoundrel and sage can go between 1.4k and 1.5k hps in the right matches.
Reasoning why bubble stun is the best: Upon the destruction of a bubble, kinetic collapse causes all enemies within 5m to be hard stunned for 3 seconds. Say you bubble stuns about 3 people when it pops. That's 3 seconds of effective healing. Say each person does about 700 dps (not great, but not bad). Over those 3 seconds, you just prevented 6.3k damage, while still casting other abilities. So while it doesn't show it, a bubble sage who pulled the same hps as a scoundrel did a ton more in effective healing.
Oh go away. Why are you promoting bubble stuns?

Draqsko
02.28.2013 , 11:24 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
More importantly, why are you giving up your AOE heal for bubble stun, when your AOE heal will heal for way more damage than the stun prevents. DPS with bubble stun = more utility, Healer with bubble stun = gimped healer. That 1 million heals healer I spoke of, isn't specced into bubble stun. She's a full blown healer. I have yet to see a bubble stun healer even come close to what a fully specced healer can put out, even under heavy focus.

Overmannus
02.28.2013 , 11:38 AM | #18
Mass bubble stun is going away in 2.0, just ignore him

unK_
02.28.2013 , 12:05 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Draqsko View Post
Healer with bubble stun = gimped healer. That 1 million heals healer I spoke of, isn't specced into bubble stun. She's a full blown healer. I have yet to see a bubble stun healer even come close to what a fully specced healer can put out, even under heavy focus.
I don't think so. I play bubble stun sorc and I usually have top healing in wzs (I recently did 900k healing in Civil War, there was also operative healer and he did 700k). Also, I can't count how many times I was focused by 2+ melee and got out of it alive only because of bubble stun / electric bindings, whereas without these abilities I would melt instantly.

Zekester
02.28.2013 , 02:31 PM | #20
The only thing I hate about being a Sorc Healer is the use of Consumption just because it sacrifices HP for Force. I feel being an Op/Scoundrel has better energy control.