Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Notice Option

Draqsko
03.01.2013 , 11:14 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Belly View Post
This is a great idea!

And, nerf operatives.
Yes, nerf operatives, they can kill commandos it's so not fair how op'd operatives are.

Capt_Beers
03.01.2013 , 11:57 AM | #12
I feel like it would be pretty easy to install a new slash command.

Input: /inc west 2

Result: "There are enemies incoming west 2" displays on screen

^Edited for clarity^

It could also play a voice clip like "Enemies incoming" or something generic like that. Then players would either notice the announcement or see it chat with the voice over to remind them to look.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

sauerkraut
03.01.2013 , 12:05 PM | #13
Years ago Enemy Territory had an awesome "voice say" system and SWG had PvP group chat. I bet that WoW has nothing similar so the BW dev team did not think it would be necessary in an MMO.

Butwaldgrim
03.01.2013 , 03:03 PM | #14
Ya' know, sometimes it just doesn't matter what you do.

In CW recently I asked, "What's the plan? Snow & mid, 2X6?" And the op's leader replied after much deep thought, "??? 2X6=12" Okay. "2 to snow, 6 to mid?" Someone is paying attention and says, "I'm down with that," and we announce we'll go mid.

If the op's leader had said, "No, everyone go grass," I would have complied. It seems when you're pugging, Op's leaders NEVER mark the healers, and NEVER give orders. Maybe, here's why....

At the opening, two promptly run to snow, three of us cap mid, and the others apparently wander off to their hasty demise. Snow never calls out until after they die, and then it's "HELP!" Help? Really?!!! That ship has now sailed as we watch the bookends fall, and the three (now two) of us wait for the incoming zerg....

Unless the whole op is on VoIP, communication in WZ's is more or less absent, if not outright ignored. This is why we so often see so many John Rambo's running through the jungle.