Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Notice Option

MacFlow
02.28.2013 , 09:17 AM | #1
Hello everyone

In Warzones it happens so often that someone calls for help (inc east/west 2 help.. or somthing) and then no one comes to help because no one looked at the chat for 30 sec or so. So I thought it might be helpful for some people if they could have a "notice" option. So that saying something in chat during a wz makes a sound or the chat glows or something, so that people notice it more. Or maybe both and we could choose which one (if at all) we want.
If it’s a sound, everyone could choose for themselves how loud it should be and maybe which sound in general.
If it’s the „chat glowing thing“ we could choose the color for example and the extend of the glow.
The sound could get annoying for some people of course, but then just turn it off. For others it might be realy helpful
And maybe some players would like the sound/glowing option for some other chats too, like the guild chat.

Well, what do you guys think? Unessesary or somthing to think about? ;-)
Maybe we can improve this idea here together.

Cheers Flox
The Red Eclipse

Arlanon
02.28.2013 , 09:21 AM | #2
mebbe we could right click our minimap and ping it on everyone else

it's still better to clarify in chat how many are actually inc so you dont get your entire team coming to help you fend off 2 people. maybe we could make a secret code where the number of times we ping is the number of enemies. shh

then again, this would take brains, and the lack thereof is what we are trying to compensate for. im out of ideas

Technohic
02.28.2013 , 09:23 AM | #3
I've always thought from the beginning of this game that chat lacks something as far as being noticed. Would like this idea as well as a more noticeable tone when I get a whisper as well
Quote: Originally Posted by proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him.

Capt_Beers
03.01.2013 , 09:38 AM | #4
Do raid announcements work in WZ's? Could be a workaround in the meantime.
<HVND> - Harbinger - <HVND>
Keith-Stone 55 Combat Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration | | Key'th 55 Pyrotech

Luckeyduckey
03.01.2013 , 09:44 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
Do raid announcements work in WZ's? Could be a workaround in the meantime.
They do. Sometimes I abuse them.

But they problem with them are that people aren't used to that, so they will just ignore them, like how they ignore everything except the cooldown on smash and where their enemy is...
Extermination
Aesrik

MusicRider
03.01.2013 , 10:22 AM | #6
/plus one on this. Sound definetely useful, visual indicator also helpful.

EDIT: I would also like another audio/visual indicator bind to a key so when I take damage you can guard me Flox :P.

Draqsko
03.01.2013 , 10:44 AM | #7
Get rid of chat panel fade option in preferences. I'm willing to bet this more than 90% of the reason people miss incoming calls. If you don't switch it off in preferences (since it's defaulted to being on), the chat panel will fade to 0 alpha if you don't have your mouse over it or it has focus (ie you are typing in it). I hated this setting from day one, and have no idea why it defaults to the worst possible setting for PvP. If they want to keep it defaulted to fade for PvE that's fine, at least automatically turn the option off for warzones.

And the Ops leader can send out notices that flash big red text across your screen, it's not there for long to actually read it, but at least, you know, there's some kinda notice that hey something interesting might be in chat. Perhaps they could put this ability for everyone in warzones. While I could see it being abused, it's honestly not on screen long enough to really get in the way of anything. It's pretty much like the undefeatable/invincible thing, except red.

Crujido
03.01.2013 , 10:46 AM | #8
Eh, if it will help the pug groups why not? (Reality they probably still won't come but it will help)
+1 support.
CyE GwAzI: The GwAzI Kamakazi Uzi
[GB]: VoX: Black Ops & Gears of War(2)
Level 50 Vindicator/Force Mystic/Scrapper
MLG Rank: 41581

dcgregorya
03.01.2013 , 10:46 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlanon View Post
mebbe we could right click our minimap and ping it on everyone else

it's still better to clarify in chat how many are actually inc so you dont get your entire team coming to help you fend off 2 people. maybe we could make a secret code where the number of times we ping is the number of enemies. shh

then again, this would take brains, and the lack thereof is what we are trying to compensate for. im out of ideas
A ping would be epic.

Belly
03.01.2013 , 10:53 AM | #10
This is a great idea!

And, nerf operatives.
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts