Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Learn to play in a WZ....please

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Learn to play in a WZ....please

chaoticfeelings's Avatar


chaoticfeelings
03.01.2013 , 05:39 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by caimesv View Post
Ok so if you do 500k damage you suck? Not to say almost 1 Million damage which I've seen (image added so you can see it with your own eyes http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k..._40_465285.jpg ).. Come on man don't go saying things out of convenience.. Of course the charts matter, then how can you tell who has played better? So short sighted, who cares if the guy that is under you did less or more damage?.. If you're really good as you think you are, this does not matter, this ************ just proves you are just one more of that bunch that *****es and *****es instead of doing the difference. Oh and if you aren't 50 delete this thread now.
you didnt read my post at all...or if you did you didnt grasp its meaning...in fact i know you didnt becuase in it i stated quite clearly that i understood the importance of dishing out damage, but that people should stop placing an individuals usefulness on the damage he or she has done in a match as there are plenty of ways a person can be the most valuable player without the massive damage numbers...yes the charts do matter, obviously by my statement of people should look at the objectives and protection charts, just not really the damage done one..because like you said..who cares, unfortunately alot of people do care. Your arguements are pretty much groundless and unfounded, nor did you give any real arguements to back up your trolling...try again cause you failed

Banderal's Avatar


Banderal
03.01.2013 , 05:41 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by chaoticfeelings View Post
ill stop saying it when more people stop complaining i didnt pass the ball when they were stealthed, or ask in ops chat how come they couldnt catch the ball when i just assumed they knew what they were doing when i passed it and would unstealth while the ball was comming...but that doesnt happen so the ball gets reset..thats when ill stop asking people to unstealth
I think you should then phrase it as "you cannot catch a pass while stealthed". Because it's a *really* common tactic, by good teams (heck, any team that's actually playing HB instead of DM), to send a stealther ahead and have them only come out of stealth when passed to. But also, as I typed earlier, I personally think it's a good idea to come out of stealth in anticipation of a pass anyway, because of potential lag causing an incomplete (although, maybe that happens to me more than "cable internet" people, because I have wireless broadband which can get pretty slow).

chaoticfeelings's Avatar


chaoticfeelings
03.01.2013 , 05:45 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
I think you should then phrase it as "you cannot catch a pass while stealthed". Because it's a *really* common tactic, by good teams (heck, any team that's actually playing HB instead of DM), to send a stealther ahead and have them only come out of stealth when passed to. But also, as I typed earlier, I personally think it's a good idea to come out of stealth in anticipation of a pass anyway, because of potential lag causing an incomplete (although, maybe that happens to me more than "cable internet" people, because I have wireless broadband which can get pretty slow).
i understand where your comming from, however something to keep in mind, just because you know, and other people know it, doesnt mean there are a whole lot of people out there that dont know it, thats who im aiming for in this threat, for the people that dont know, and i realize, i kept it to the basics, nor did i even cover all the basics my main goal with this threat was to try to get people to look at WZ's as a group effort, teamwork orientated, that its not about killing blows, alothough we learned that will change, but as of right now its not the case...i just threw in some basics as a bonus and it grew from there

chaoticfeelings's Avatar


chaoticfeelings
03.01.2013 , 05:51 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by chaoticfeelings View Post
i understand where your comming from, however something to keep in mind, just because you know, and other people know it, doesnt mean there are a whole lot of people out there that dont know it, thats who im aiming for in this threat, for the people that dont know, and i realize, i kept it to the basics, nor did i even cover all the basics my main goal with this threat was to try to get people to look at WZ's as a group effort, teamwork orientated, that its not about killing blows, alothough we learned that will change, but as of right now its not the case...i just threw in some basics as a bonus and it grew from there
thread not threat...its late

chaoticfeelings's Avatar


chaoticfeelings
03.01.2013 , 05:52 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
Copy this to General Discussion!
thank you i hadnt considered that, i will upload it there when i get the chance

Banderal's Avatar


Banderal
03.01.2013 , 05:54 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by chaoticfeelings View Post
thread not threat...its late
Ha, it's early for me! (7 AM now.) Anyway, got it. Safest to just not throw to a stealthed person if you are in a PUG and don't know if they know. And really, that was just one nit-picky thing. Nice original post overall, if I didn't say that before.

KettleBelll's Avatar


KettleBelll
03.01.2013 , 07:09 AM | #27
Listing damage is amazing.


Bads think they are great. At least you have a stat use to call them out on their badness, that they have to chose to ignore.

ventvisor's Avatar


ventvisor
03.01.2013 , 07:18 AM | #28
I would like to add to this thread...

Ancient Hypergate
-Don't leave a solo "non-stealth" class to guard the pylon. To easy for a couple of stealthies to cc them and cap, regardless of a call out. This goes for Cival war as well...but not as bad due to cap time.

Hutball
-I like the point you made about passing...so to my teammates, get to a place I can pass to you!! This means don't LoS me, don't hump the melee that is on me, stay within the passing radius, ect, ect...

Novare Coast
-If we have 2 nodes, say we have east and south....I call inc east, please don't run west and try to 3 cap. Same idea for Cival War.
Timber'wolve (Powertech) Ti'sra (Merc) Timber'wolf (Merc) Ot'sana (Operative) Iron'hyde (Sniper) Em'press (Jugg) Ad'eona (Mara) Kim'ber (Assassin)
TImber'em (Gunslinger) Sil'ver'ado (Commando) TImber'King (Vangaurd)

Ottoattack's Avatar


Ottoattack
03.01.2013 , 07:35 AM | #29
I keep hearing this argument that damage/heals output is not important and I would agree only in Huttball. All other WZs are extremely heavy damage/heal dependent. 95% of the time the team that has a combined higher score of damage, healing and protection ends up winning, because capturing and defending objectives is highly dependent of how fast can you eliminate the opposition.

Aside from dumb mistakes (not calling incoming and fighting off nodes) it boil down to the score that you are asking to be removed.

Someone mentioned he/she was playing VS and managed to plant 2 bombs and only had 150K in damage, thinking he did great, while he was being called out that he played poorly. My question is did you plant the bomb solo or did allies clear the opposition so you could plant the bomb? If the answer is the first, you did a great job and I would disregard the damage output. If the answer is the second, the objective score you got means nothing. Anyone on the team could have planted the bomb once enemies are removed. The fact that you only dropped 150K damage, while someone on the team had 500-600K means you played poorly and got carried.

skotish's Avatar


skotish
03.01.2013 , 08:17 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ventvisor View Post
I would like to add to this thread...

Ancient Hypergate
-Don't leave a solo "non-stealth" class to guard the pylon. To easy for a couple of stealthies to cc them and cap, regardless of a call out. This goes for Cival war as well...but not as bad due to cap time.

Hutball
-I like the point you made about passing...so to my teammates, get to a place I can pass to you!! This means don't LoS me, don't hump the melee that is on me, stay within the passing radius, ect, ect...

Novare Coast
-If we have 2 nodes, say we have east and south....I call inc east, please don't run west and try to 3 cap. Same idea for Cival War.
I love watching the capper on AH just cap and run off to go death match but when it's my someone of my team I sigh then run back and stay can't chance it
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankenseuss View Post
Palpetine: "... Not from a TOR dev."
TOFN Farquar'hoffe/Val'korsin