Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Learn to play in a WZ....please

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Learn to play in a WZ....please

Banderal
02.28.2013 , 05:23 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Vansma View Post
Please stop telling people that they cannot pass to stealthed targets. Plenty of players are actually aware enough to unstealth when a giant circle appears on the ground around them.
^^^ this ^^^

Although, I unstealth early anyway. Have had it happen that I unstealth when *I* see the blue circle, only to have lag defeat the pass completion. Unless it's a guardian, then I assume they are going to leap to me until demonstrated otherwise.

TrigPt
02.28.2013 , 05:58 AM | #12
Fairly solid basic advice.

Now the bad news. The new acheivement system in 2.0 for PVP is based on damage, healing, killing blows, kills,solo kills, total damage, total healing, total kills and in hutball for learning to pass.

Spot whats missing?

No achievments for any objectives or even wins.

I expect things to get worse not better with 2.0 especially in pug groups

yauhen_pt
02.28.2013 , 06:14 AM | #13
Arcade game
The Red Eclipse Zenaar assassin | Zenaor juggernaut | Zenair sage | Argh operative

Banderal
02.28.2013 , 06:27 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TrigPt View Post

Now the bad news. The new acheivement system in 2.0 for PVP is based on damage, healing, killing blows, kills,solo kills, total damage, total healing, total kills and in hutball for learning to pass.

Spot whats missing?

Wait, what!? Do you really get nothing at all extra for actually *winning* the WZ? That would be totally ridiculous. HB matches would become; everyone does one pass to get their "pass medal" (or whatever), then procedes to just play DM until the timer runs out. Well, I guess that's potentially better than many of the games now, where the same thing happens, just without the pass.

TrigPt
02.28.2013 , 07:26 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
Wait, what!? Do you really get nothing at all extra for actually *winning* the WZ? That would be totally ridiculous. HB matches would become; everyone does one pass to get their "pass medal" (or whatever), then procedes to just play DM until the timer runs out. Well, I guess that's potentially better than many of the games now, where the same thing happens, just without the pass.
The acheivement system is an addition to the current rewards and applies to all aspects of the game. I hust think the PVP section sucks.

abokado
02.28.2013 , 08:02 AM | #16

Spot whats missing?

Yep, was pretty mad when I saw that. With 2.0 people only have more reasons to only like at their damage and kills.. awesome. They really could have made a few objective based achievements.. like, dunno, 100k defense points (though that would encourage standing at the base with 5 guys?), capping something so and so many times, disarming a bomb or something.. anything. Pretty disappointing that throwing the huttball is the only thing in the "general" tab.

Banderal
02.28.2013 , 09:20 AM | #17
The acheivement system is an addition to the current rewards and applies to all aspects of the game. I hust think the PVP section sucks.
Ah, OK. I misunderstood then. Still, I agree, it'd be nice to have some WZ "objective" type achievements thrown in.

To try to have something to do with this original thread: Add to the HB advice to "run ahead to set up for passes, instead of following along behind trying to kill off the guys attacking your ball carrier".

Arlanon
02.28.2013 , 09:25 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by chaoticfeelings
So, this thread is either going to help the person wanting to improve pvp
i love how this thread begins with the presumption that there is only one of those guys

+1

chaoticfeelings
03.01.2013 , 05:24 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Vansma View Post
Please stop telling people that they cannot pass to stealthed targets. Plenty of players are actually aware enough to unstealth when a giant circle appears on the ground around them.
ill stop saying it when more people stop complaining i didnt pass the ball when they were stealthed, or ask in ops chat how come they couldnt catch the ball when i just assumed they knew what they were doing when i passed it and would unstealth while the ball was comming...but that doesnt happen so the ball gets reset..thats when ill stop asking people to unstealth

chaoticfeelings
03.01.2013 , 05:32 AM | #20

Spot whats missing?

Thats great, not really bad news at all, it'll just change the focus so now the team wont be hurt by the individuals, i mean if points are now alloted in those categories instead of the previous..just takes the teamwork out of the whole thing right and gives more points for what most people do in a wz, run around and hit the opposing team with their light sabers in the hope that it gets them furthest up the damage charts so they can boast about how awesome they are lol, im ok with those changes cause now ill get to join in and maybe stop pulling my hair out in frusteration, cause bioware made it the focus of what a wz is all about instead of teamwork and objectives