Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ESSELES, leaving then SWTOR CRASHes.

Theofilus
02.27.2013 , 08:38 PM | #1
I have played through Esseles flashpoint 4 times, every time all of the battles are over and tractor beam is turned off. return to Esseles. after conversation with First Officer Haken, ship starts to leave, looks like entry to hyperspace... game crashes and i am kicked out of game.

Adriaticon
02.27.2013 , 10:20 PM | #2
This also happens to me now I just steer clear of essles, haven't come across this crash on any other FP.
Kimba-lee Tk/Seer Sage Lvl 55
Welfare Officer of the Mud Dogs MDN

DataBeaver
02.28.2013 , 02:49 AM | #3
A workaround is to alt-tab out of the game at the beginning of that conversation and come back about 10 seconds later.

Knobbyknees
02.28.2013 , 06:30 AM | #4
This happens to me every Esseles run.

Vegabond
02.28.2013 , 08:15 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DataBeaver View Post
A workaround is to alt-tab out of the game at the beginning of that conversation and come back about 10 seconds later.
This.

VorKoom
02.28.2013 , 08:28 AM | #6
Another workaround I have found is to space through the converstation, however all members of the party must space the converstation. If one watches it someone will crash usually the group leader.

psandak
02.28.2013 , 09:28 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by VorKoom View Post
Another workaround I have found is to space through the converstation, however all members of the party must space the converstation. If one watches it someone will crash usually the group leader.
It is my understanding that this bug is more related to the computer hardware that the player has. Which is why it has not been fixed - they cannot nail down the exact cause.

grallmate
02.28.2013 , 06:22 PM | #8
I run in 1080 Fullscreen (Windowed) with max settings and simply minimizing it doesn't work. However if you set your game to Windowed and Low graphics setting, then minimize it for the convo and bring it back up after the lightspeed animation is done it will stop the crash. With an SSD it takes about the same time to just log back in but without this is a bit faster.
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]

Elyssandra
03.01.2013 , 11:43 AM | #9
Happened to two members of my party just a few days ago.

Merouk
03.01.2013 , 12:28 PM | #10
I'm getting this too.

Suggested workaround is to alt-tab or minimize the window during the dialogue.

But for those of you who crash and your group finishes and leaves the instance, leaving you there alone, you can also try walking all the way to the exit, getting out of the instance, then going back in and talking to the NPC. That way, the fact that you're now solo and no longer in the group won't screw up any possible dialogue.