Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bad fps since latest patch

OwenBrooks
02.28.2013 , 10:46 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Rockstah View Post
Having these issues since patch aswell, repair launcher and the above nvidia settings did not help for me, nor does it help if I turn everything off and put everything on low.

I've always experienced stuttering in warzones though (which I don't think I should on my comp), but it's definitely increased since the patch.
Can you try deleting the DiskCacheArena file located :\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\swtor and then run a defrag to see if it helps with the stutter

jediturbodude
02.28.2013 , 03:56 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Can you try deleting the DiskCacheArena file located :\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\swtor and then run a defrag to see if it helps with the stutter
No Customer Service droid, that will not help a broken game 99.99999% of the time

Techronomicon
02.28.2013 , 04:49 PM | #13
/signed and bump

Something is up when you are just standing still getting 110 fps and then all of a sudden your FPS plummets to 40 and stays there til you quit game and relaunch. This patch royally ****ed the pooch. Besides inconsistent FPS I also can no longer wear my mask w/my phantom chestguard w/o the hood being down. Do you guys test these patches before putting them live?

Techronomicon
02.28.2013 , 07:04 PM | #14
Forgot to mention....text is blurry too now.

Rockstah
03.02.2013 , 03:00 AM | #15
That did help for me! Not 100% and the fps is still low but it sure reduced the amount of stuttering.

Thank you!
Monster
<Bruce Lee>

OwenBrooks
03.02.2013 , 03:53 AM | #16
Rockstah
Glad the above helped for you

Can you try the following settings and see if it also makes a difference, have a play to see what helps
Maximum Character Distance = Low
Draw Distance (FarClipScale) all the way to <0.70

Have you tried running fullscreen window ? if you do find both the launcher.exe and swtor.exe and right mouse click and select properties and then on the compatability tab tick the disable desktop composition check box.

cilyjr
03.02.2013 , 07:19 AM | #17
i am here as well. damned thing is i put in a new vid card the day before played 1 day normal then then next was patch day. i have been thinking something went wrong with the vid card but other games are working fine

forgot to add warzones are unplayable at 8-10 fps .that shouldnt be when running a radeon hd 7950

DarkDajin
03.02.2013 , 07:41 AM | #18
Feels like the memory leak fix, might have throttled the fps.

Grendel_Prime
03.02.2013 , 12:02 PM | #19
I'm in this boat as well. Standing still, fine. Movement...sometimes okay. Combat? Forget about it. FPS plummets from 75 to 0.9!

Rockstah
03.02.2013 , 12:06 PM | #20
Rockstah
Glad the above helped for you

Can you try the following settings and see if it also makes a difference, have a play to see what helps
Maximum Character Distance = Low
Draw Distance (FarClipScale) all the way to <0.70

Have you tried running fullscreen window ? if you do find both the launcher.exe and swtor.exe and right mouse click and select properties and then on the compatability tab tick the disable desktop composition check box.
I tried running it in fullscreen window as you said and it seems to have improved the stuttering further
The fps is still kinda low I think but it runs smoother atleast

About the draw distance... Would it help inside warzones and more importantly, would it render me unable to see ppl/stuff at the other end of map? It's only in warzones I'm having troubles (except a very crowded fleet but that dosen't matter to me that much) and I really want to see what's going on in the distance hehe :P

I'm currently having 80+ fps outside in the world (topping it at 110 in some places) but below 30 in warzones and around 60-30 on the fleet.

Again, thank you very much for your help!
Monster
<Bruce Lee>