Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Suggestion] No-one likes ninja looting

TheKingsVillian
03.15.2013 , 01:20 AM | #81
Not sure if im allowed to post OTHER games names, so sorry if im not allowed.
But IMO Guild wars 2 loot system is by far the best i have seen.

slafko
03.15.2013 , 01:40 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by TheKingsVillian View Post
But IMO Guild wars 2 loot system is by far the best i have seen.
It still doesn't hold a candle to the original GW loot system.

Quote: Originally Posted by Falensawino View Post
Worst off, he made his own guild called VoD, made intentionally to impersonate VoiD, a legitimate guild on prophecy of the five.
I'm sorry, I'm still laughing at the "holding the items as hostages" to even begin to address this one seriously.

mbahbapho
03.22.2013 , 11:48 AM | #83
When seeing "Items as hostages" kind of threat by some Ninja players, I just simply brush off his opinion and kick him (of course on other's account too, if they also agree with me) (but still LMAO when seeing that specific post).

Also yeah, kinda hate those SPACEBAR through everything and ************ about it unless it is predetermined agree that we are doing a speed run of FP. Some people just enjoy the dialogue and reading the text (me for example ) I never mind spacebar stuff, but when someone is ************ about it, then that person can GTH.

Heck, this game loot system on boss are not that bad, at least it will drop those custom class (along with all the mods, enhances, and stuff inside it). Maybe the only downside are for subs and non subs. That is also why there is Master Looter system to "trick" the subs and non subs gap. But again as stated before, if the group leader and the Master Looter is a ninja, then all my argument is invalid

re-run the FP again. I know some people just dont have the time to rerun same FP again and again, but if the group is all social-aware person and understand the need of good gear for all in group maybe they will help each other.

Thankfully, I have a friend in SWTOR that like to do so with me when hunting for gear on FPs.

JediJFR
03.22.2013 , 12:15 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by TotalKitty View Post
Ninja looting has become a rather big issues full of excuses. Mainly "for my companion", which is complete out of the question.

So here,s a suggestion: The loot that drop, make it non-needable for characters whom the stats wouldn't benefit. As an example, a piece of gear with Cunning on it drops, people who wont benefit from Cunning will only be able to greed on it.
That way, it'll solve the ninja looting issue.
That seems rather absurd and for the most part, may only apply to lower level play. As an experienced lvl 50 the only reason I have to need some loot is for my companions, and quite frankly, the companions of my alts. Selecting need does not guarantee you the loot. You still have to deal with the roll of the dice.

Of course, the time of binding is crucial, it does you no good to need something you don't need if it binds on pickup.

My big beef is some players want to control the distribution of all loot during an op. They cry that it is the only fair way to distribute the loot. What they actually do is take the stuff they need and dole out the rest. Not to mention, it is a very time consuming operation.

Every move is influenced by the roll of the dice, I see no reason why this shouldn't apply to the loot as well.

Icestar
03.23.2013 , 08:24 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by JediJFR View Post
That seems rather absurd and for the most part, may only apply to lower level play. As an experienced lvl 50 the only reason I have to need some loot is for my companions, and quite frankly, the companions of my alts. Selecting need does not guarantee you the loot. You still have to deal with the roll of the dice.
Do you take columni/rakata+ items for your alts when someones character in the team needs it aswell?

It must be one of the fastest ways to end up on lots of players ignorelists and to get a bad reputation.

My big beef is some players want to control the distribution of all loot during an op. They cry that it is the only fair way to distribute the loot. What they actually do is take the stuff they need and dole out the rest. Not to mention, it is a very time consuming operation.
Yes and it is understandable to control loot when players roll need for hard earned items for their companions, or even their alts companions.

Every move is influenced by the roll of the dice, I see no reason why this shouldn't apply to the loot as well.
It is influenced by the dice, but the different options to roll are also influenced by soclal rules. In this game the majority of the community simply thinks it is not ok to roll need for companions without asking first. It is up to you if you accept the social rules or simply go for the roll of the dice. You will however find yourself playing with less and less players and long groupfinder waitingtimes in the end.

RaineyDaze
03.23.2013 , 10:30 AM | #86
Since noone else is adressing this allow me.

Eternalnight are we playing the same game? Maybe you should read the forums better?

There are focus item with mitigation stats on them. In fact you get one when you choose your advanced class.

Consulars use focus items. Guardians use shields. Vanguards use shield generators. All of which come in with and without mitigation options, and will have stats that apply to appropriate class.

Either you are living in your own fantasy, trolling, an idiot, or you are trying to justify your actions.

If you want to roll in it just ask group first. Almost always you'll get a sure go ahead response.
I didn't throw it at you! I just threw it to you while you weren't looking.

Eternalnight
03.23.2013 , 12:13 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by RaineyDaze View Post
Since noone else is adressing this allow me.

Eternalnight are we playing the same game? Maybe you should read the forums better?
Seriously you have no clue whatsoever about the game mechanics. You must be keeping your eyes closed when playing.

Quote:
There are focus item with mitigation stats on them.
Yes there are some extremely rare items like a focus with mitigation stats. These are however completely useless, since a focus will not function as a shield no matter what stats you put into it.

Even if a focus has some shield rating and absorption rating stats in it, it still does not have the base 5% shield chance and 20% absorption that all shields have, and will not function as a shield without those, no matter what stats you have.

Quote:
In fact you get one when you choose your advanced class.
Wrong!!!
Jedi guardians get a shield and a focus. Jedi shadows get a shield and a focus. Vanguards get a shield and a non-shield power generator. In no case does the focus one have any "shield stuff" whatever you mean by that nonsense.
Only the shields they get are shields.

Quote:
Consulars use focus items.
Wrong!!!
Jedi consular with Sage advanced class uses Focus (with willpower as main stat) only.
Jedi consular with Shadow advanced class uses a shields (with willpower as main stat) if he is a tank and a focus (with willpower as main stat) if he is a dps

Quote:
Guardians use shields.
Wrong!!!
Jedi guardians use shields (with strength as main stat) as a tank and focus (with strength as main stat) as dps

What makes something a shield or focus is not whether it has strength or willpower in it. What makes it shield or focus is if the item type at the bottom of the tooltip is listed as a shield or focus.

The difference between a shield and focus is that a shield will function as a shield and have base 5% shield chance and 20% absorb built into it and has less force power than weapons or focus items. Focus will not function as a shield no matter what stats you put into it. The tradeoff is that a focus has about 50% more force power (note: do not confuse force power with willpower), allowing dps players to do more dps than they could do with a shield while a shield would be useless to a dps.

Both shield and focus items can be found with both strength and willpower stats as main stat.

Quote:
Vanguards use shield generators.
Wrong!!!
Vanguards use shields (with aim as main stat) as a tank and non-shield generators as dps.

Just as force focus has more force power than a strength/willpower based shield so also a power generator has 50% more tech power than an aim based shield.

Quote:
All of which come in with and without mitigation options, and will have stats that apply to appropriate class.
Wrong again.

Read the tooltips of your items for once.

And read your class abilities too.
http://www.torhead.com/abilities/lev...6/advclass/any
Now what's the second one on the list?

RaineyDaze
03.23.2013 , 12:25 PM | #88
Ah, as I thought. Either we are not playing same game or you are troliing since the focus item
on my shadow has mitigation stats on it and not part of the mods I have in it.
I didn't throw it at you! I just threw it to you while you weren't looking.

Eternalnight
03.23.2013 , 12:46 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by RaineyDaze View Post
Ah, as I thought. Either we are not playing same game or you are troliing since the focus item
on my shadow has mitigation stats on it and not part of the mods I have in it.
Not sure if you are that clueless or just pretending to be.

Open your character page (press P) and move your mouse over the item. If on the very bottom of the tooltip it says "Requires shield", then it is a shield. It is not a focus it is a shield.

On the other hand, it can be a focus too as there are items with stats they are not supposed to have, in that case if it is a focus then what you see is something like this:

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/4766/...3032320273.jpg

See? The character pictured is wearing a focus. And despite having 512 shield rating stat (which would +23.81% shield chance in addition to the base shield chance) it still has exactly 0.00% shield chance because it is wearing a focus, not a shield and a focus will not function as a shield no matter what.

Any and all focus items will give you 0% shield chance not matter what "stuff" you have in them.
Any item that gives you more than 0% shield chance is a shield, not a focus by item type.

Chiramu
03.25.2013 , 04:43 PM | #90
Blizzard did this for WoW, although people that use the armour type can still need roll on the gear even if it's an upgrade for you :<. They need to develop a way that gives the people that need it for their role, something like a higher roll or a roll that goes first over someone in a different role.

What makes ninja looting more annoying, is now people don't even care if someone is needing on everything in a group :<. That makes me so sad to be an MMORPG player T_T.