Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Suggestion] No-one likes ninja looting

cidbahamut
03.01.2013 , 01:22 PM | #41
You wouldn't recognize "a constructive reason" if someone spelled it all out for you in detail and with a concise summary.

Icestar
03.02.2013 , 04:37 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by cidbahamut View Post
You wouldn't recognize "a constructive reason" if someone spelled it all out for you in detail and with a concise summary.
On the contrary, it is you who can not provide a constructive reason about your problems that according to you will occur with the change of the lootsystem to more common sense.

If you had written a reason instead of insulting me then it would have been very constructive, but alas this is not.

Feel free to write if you actually manage to come up with a justification to call it problems as you write more then a problem, you have only specified one. According to you it is a a problem not beeing able to need items for your companions, this has also been discussed alot on the forums and most of the players think that it is ninjalooting to do that. Feel free to use the search button and check for yourself or need stuff you can not use in a flashpoint, eventually you will find out the hard way what other players think.

I checked your registry number and it is above 4 million, meaning you are a new player and it is not reasonable for you to fully understand the situation in ToR. However bear this in mind when you level your second character to 50 or perhaps the third, then you understand the situation for us that have 10+ level 50s and several characters below 50. We have no intention of running flashpoints for simply the reason of gearing up someone elses companion, we are there to gear up our own characters. It is simply not that fun to run a flashpoint again when you already have done it 100+ times.

I have discussed a new lootsystem for many months now and will continue to do so, that is why I am interested in letting the community know what the advantages and disadvantages would be.

I still believe with the summary of all the threads and posts regarding this matter that ToR will be better off with a change to a lootsystem with harmony then this current anarchy one.

cidbahamut
03.02.2013 , 12:33 PM | #43
I already outlined problems that could arise. Your refusal to read what I posted is your shortcoming, not mine.

Your seniority doesn't amount to anything. Gearing up the next character is not something unique to this game.

What you want to use any given item for doesn't grant you priority to it over another player who happens to want to use it for a different purpose. Everyone participated and contributed, so everyone has equal claim to loot unless an arrangement is made beforehand.

Ifolad
03.02.2013 , 12:55 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by TotalKitty View Post
Ninja looting has become a rather big issues full of excuses. Mainly "for my companion", which is complete out of the question.

So here,s a suggestion: The loot that drop, make it non-needable for characters whom the stats wouldn't benefit. As an example, a piece of gear with Cunning on it drops, people who wont benefit from Cunning will only be able to greed on it.
That way, it'll solve the ninja looting issue.
+1, and let us still be able to trade it "in group"

TralyanSavo
03.02.2013 , 01:00 PM | #45
Honestly, ninja looting doesn't seem like a huge problem to me. I've rarely encountered a ninja looter in my time playing. Usually, if someone throws a need on something they shouldn't have and you confront them in group chat, they will trade the item to someone who needs it or re-roll using /roll.

This comes up more in the earlier flash points (i.e. Black Talon and Esseles) but that's largely because these people really don't know what's going on. If you explain to them what the deal is, it goes a long way.

The real people who ninja loot just get added to my ignore list. Since most of these people are DPS and DPS are a dime a dozen in queues, this hurts them much more than its going to hurt me and if they do it a lot and all the tanks and healers add them to ignore, this thing works itself out. Also, this game has a large social element and you will always be better off if you take advantage of that. Running with people you know really prevents this kind of thing.
Ryaffil (Shadow Tank, Main) - Ryaffia (Guardian) - Odinsun (Sentinel) - Mintass (Commando) - Ryaffam (Gunslinger)
Tralyan (Sorcerer) - Echeara (Juggernaut) - Cran (Mercenary) - Zobess (Operative)
Death Mark - The Shadowlands

Icestar
03.02.2013 , 03:23 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by cidbahamut View Post
Everyone participated and contributed, so everyone has equal claim to loot unless an arrangement is made beforehand.
Now this is the first thing I agree with you on "unless an arrangement is made beforehand"

I always write to the team when I start that they should only needroll on items they need for themselves. In most cases it works, but in some sad cases it does not. This is very common when players that has no clue about how to write english plays, or does simply not understand the need/greed mechanics. They usually does not want to ninja and after a bit explaining they trade the item to the player that can equip it with the right stats.

This is the only way to ensure at the moment that nobody runs off with a item they cant use, to use the chat and communicate. It would be much better if, like suggested by hundreds of players a restriction for need would be inplace.

Anyway I wish you luck on your future ignorelists, because you will be on alot of them if you take items your character canīt use. Only a heads up about that, hope you play a tank or healer

Stormskimmer
03.02.2013 , 04:52 PM | #47
How about this for a specific and precise problem?

Roll a shadow. Or an assassin. Level it to 50 by tanking through only flashpoints. Use your devised method of loot rolling (you may ONLY roll need on double lightsabers, foci, shields, and light armor, and then ONLY if they have willpower). Let me know how that turns out. Odds are, you won't make it past 30. Why? Because there ARE NO SHIELDS for tank shadows before about 35. So, if a shadow or an assassin wants to tank, they NEED to "ninja" a shield from a guardian or a vanguard. That's just the particular instance that annoys me. There are other minor class breaking loot issues, if you bother to look for them.

Oh, and if you actually believe a vanguard can't ninja loot a shield just because it has aim on it, well, then you'll be in for a WONDERFUL surprise, won't you? At least now when someone says "Oh, I just want to sell it." As the reason for hitting need, you have a chance at getting it. With your plan,my next shadow/assassin alt won't get to tank until 50. At least they still have dps, right?

slafko
03.02.2013 , 05:02 PM | #48
What? I've successfully tanked with my Shadow from level 10 onwards. Artifice ftw. Those craftable shields are awesome.

Stormskimmer
03.02.2013 , 05:13 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
What? I've successfully tanked with my Shadow from level 10 onwards. Artifice ftw. Those craftable shields are awesome.
Hardly. They are decent. Maybe even nice, and certainly better than nothing, which is what shadows get if you don't take artifice. But, compared to a vanguard shield from Esseles with the mod and armoring replaced with purples from your cybertech, artifice just doesn't compare. Heck, even blue at level mod/armoring beats a purple crafted item, from what I've seen.

slafko
03.02.2013 , 05:51 PM | #50
Are you seriously going to raise the equipment question in a game where you can blitz through underleveled and undergeared?

I've done storymode Esseles once per character and completely ignored every other storymode flashpoint after completing them for the first time. Except Athiss and Colicoid War Game; I've never done those two. In spite of all that, I had no troubles finishing storylines and planet quests. Equipped myself from drops and commendations; mostly green or blue gear. Still felt like a Panzer brigade in Poland.

Worry about equipping once you hit 50. Everything prior to that is a walk in the park.