Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Healing Duo for 8 Man Operations?

JimmyTheCannon
03.01.2013 , 12:27 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Brutal View Post
bh and op in my opinion are best team having all 3 in bh/deth guard gear

and done some ec hm ops with sorc healer menage to out heal him with my merc healer on each fight up to 30% sopously damn good healer had beter gear and menage to finish all ops (im still strugling with top end due to lack of time to play)
Absolutely a Merc healer is just as good as any other class and can heal anything in this game.

That said, if your "outhealing" is going by total heals in Mox or something, that's not necessarily the same as *effective* healing.

mikebevo
03.01.2013 , 01:19 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by JimmyTheCannon View Post
That said, if your "outhealing" is going by total heals in Mox or something, that's not necessarily the same as *effective* healing.
We have a new sage healer in our group that kills me in HPS, but when you look at group logs, I have more effective heals, take less damage and do more dps. I thought sawbones were terrible at overhealing until now.

Although I don't worry about overhealing as long as energy management is under control.

greasytodger
03.01.2013 , 02:24 PM | #23
Sage/scoundrel. 2 scoundrels work fine as well.

Jimvinny
03.01.2013 , 03:17 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Koordynator View Post
Sorry to say Sir, but it seems like you have not a clue about sage/sorc healing at PVE
Actually, it's clear that YOU are the one who has no idea. Healing trance should always be a sage's main PVE heal. If it isn't, you're doing it wrong.

Brutal
03.01.2013 , 04:59 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by JimmyTheCannon View Post
Absolutely a Merc healer is just as good as any other class and can heal anything in this game.

its total heals and the fact that im healing his grup and my one on z&t on tank switch my tank has most of times 90-100% hp when his normly abouth 30 we used mox for 4h and each time i had 10-30% more heals then he did wot suprise me he did acomplishe more in game then i did bean playing heal from beta in this game and think all healers are same if utilized in a good way at the end of a day it counts the skill of a person playing

JimmyTheCannon
03.01.2013 , 06:17 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Brutal View Post
its total heals and the fact that im healing his grup and my one on z&t on tank switch my tank has most of times 90-100% hp when his normly abouth 30 we used mox for 4h and each time i had 10-30% more heals then he did wot suprise me he did acomplishe more in game then i did bean playing heal from beta in this game and think all healers are same if utilized in a good way at the end of a day it counts the skill of a person playing
Oh, I'm not denying that. I'm just saying you have to look at what's effective healing and not just what Mox is telling you.

Koordynator
03.01.2013 , 06:28 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Jimvinny View Post
Actually, it's clear that YOU are the one who has no idea. Healing trance should always be a sage's main PVE heal. If it isn't, you're doing it wrong.
Ofc it is. I never said it isn't. -.-
But the way he thinks sage's healing looks like is wrong. And yes, bubbles indeed are "oh crap" button. Using it as a regular heal (except some situation when you expect someone to get large hit) is just stupid.

Sydexlic
03.01.2013 , 07:54 PM | #28
General rule of thumb, 2 of the same healers will be slighly less effective than a mix. 2 Sorcs will trip each other with their bubble debuffs. 2 operatives will find it harder to maintain their own 2 stack of kolto probes and neither brings an armor buff for the tanks like merc and sorcs do. The exception is mercenaries, although, they can't both kolto shell the same target, although, this is a very minor inconvenience compared to same same of the other 2 classes.

I'd recommend bringing either a sage or a mercenary for the armor buff and then teaming them up with another of a different class. My personal favourite combination from an efficacy point of view would be an operative in combination with a sorcerer. Operatives bring highly efficient hot based healing, reasonably potent AoE healing and very strong single target healing. Operatives also bring the ability to vanish resurrect which is immeasurably useful. Sorcs have their strong AoE heals and if well played should be maintaining the armor buff on both tanks should it be required. Extricate is very useful in some fights also as well as them possessing some of the best mobility of all healers with force speed. On top of all this, Operatives can maintain kolto probes on the sorc to offset much of the risk of the sorc dying while low health as a result of consuming for force.

Finally, bubbles are incredible, not only are they very force efficient, damage prevented is better than damage healed. Kephess the undying springs to mind as somewhere bubbles really shine. Bubbling the person Kephess leaps onto can often mean the difference between them dying, especially if people aren't completely topped up before Kephess leaps. Another good use of bubbles is bubbling the tank who just had force leach cast on them by the dreadguards in TFB.

Most of this is background noise though when considering players skill. Bringing good players is more important than bringing any specific class of healer.

mastirkal
03.01.2013 , 07:59 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Sydexlic View Post
General rule of thumb, 2 of the same healers will be slighly less effective than a mix. 2 Sorcs will trip each other with their bubble debuffs. 2 operatives will find it harder to maintain their own 2 stack of kolto probes and neither brings an armor buff for the tanks like merc and sorcs do. The exception is mercenaries, although, they can't both kolto shell the same target, although, this is a very minor inconvenience compared to same same of the other 2 classes.

I'd recommend bringing either a sage or a mercenary for the armor buff and then teaming them up with another of a different class. My personal favourite combination from an efficacy point of view would be an operative in combination with a sorcerer. Operatives bring highly efficient hot based healing, reasonably potent AoE healing and very strong single target healing. Operatives also bring the ability to vanish resurrect which is immeasurably useful. Sorcs have their strong AoE heals and if well played should be maintaining the armor buff on both tanks should it be required. Extricate is very useful in some fights also as well as them possessing some of the best mobility of all healers with force speed. On top of all this, Operatives can maintain kolto probes on the sorc to offset much of the risk of the sorc dying while low health as a result of consuming for force.

Finally, bubbles are incredible, not only are they very force efficient, damage prevented is better than damage healed. Kephess the undying springs to mind as somewhere bubbles really shine. Bubbling the person Kephess leaps onto can often mean the difference between them dying, especially if people aren't completely topped up before Kephess leaps. Another good use of bubbles is bubbling the tank who just had force leach cast on them by the dreadguards in TFB.

Most of this is background noise though when considering players skill. Bringing good players is more important than bringing any specific class of healer.
Technically two merc's don't have a back draw besides their own abilities. They lack any real ability to heal raid wide without messing up their rotation on the tanks. I would never recommend 2 mercs for that reason alone. However if it is a fight with pretty much all tank damage occurs like TfB second phase with a disciplined team should never take any damage besides the tanks and that scramble at 16%.

zXBurntToastXz
03.01.2013 , 08:17 PM | #30
My guilds raid team has done every raid except ec nim and we are 4/5 tfb hm. Myself being a sage healer, we seem to do the best when i am working with our scoundrel healer