Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Healing Duo for 8 Man Operations?

mikebevo
02.28.2013 , 10:07 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by JediCahlwyn View Post
In my experience any two healers work great, however the Sage's AOE healing (at least til 2.0) is far superior and takes a lot of pressure off, especially if they use their Force Armor (bubble) as a heal instead of an "oh crap!" button. It should be the first heal they cast.
Bubble is great, Sage's AoE heal is great, but neither is far superior to any other healing class. Don't get me wrong, I love the golden puddle and I love the bubble, but any decent commando or scoundrel can get the exact same results as a Sage. So they may be slightly better than KC, SRM or EM, but they are far from being far superior. Slightly better, I will give you that.

DarthFamine
02.28.2013 , 10:36 AM | #12
my favorite partner as a sage is a commando, though another sage is great too.
I've seemed to have mediocre luck with a scoundrel. but that is likely just me.
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

namesaretough
02.28.2013 , 10:56 AM | #13
This isn't correct as if they are doing the long cast heals they are doing something wrong.

Sage should start with Force Armor (instant).
Follow up (depending on placement) with an AoE heal to get things moving on the majority of the group.l
But their main heal is the instant cast HoT and their channeled heal. The long cast heal should only be used in emergencies (and generally with the auto-crit buff turned on). If should NOT be their main source of healing.
Good luck healing anything you aren't terribly overgeared for with moderate to high tank damage as a 2 sage team never using deliverance. Rejuv and HT have cooldowns, FA functionally has a cooldown from the debuff, and salv has less single target hps than deliverance.

Quote:
Two Sages are excellent together. They only need to bubble 4 people each instead of 8 so they save tons of Force. Their AoEs stack.... its a win-win.
If you're bubbling everyone in the raid all the time you're wasting a bunch of force.
Smugglin

Cookiackus
02.28.2013 , 12:28 PM | #14
I know with our Raid group we were able to use two sage healers to clear EC NiM and they did an excellent job all the way through. I do however agree that the best combo in my opinion is the Sage/scoundrel team. Now this is dependent on the fact that the two work together to compliment each others abilities. Overall though a skilled healer of any class teamed with another skilled healer of any class is the way to go!
The Ebon Hawk - The Underworld Alliance - Loggus
PoT5 - Severity Gaming - Mungtatta
The Ebon Hawk - Proper Villains - ManGlazed

Koordynator
02.28.2013 , 12:32 PM | #15
[...] especially if they use their Force Armor (bubble) as a heal instead of an "oh crap!" button. It should be the first heal they cast.
[...]
Sage should start with Force Armor (instant).
Follow up (depending on placement) with an AoE heal to get things moving on the majority of the group.l
But their main heal is the instant cast HoT and their channeled heal. The long cast heal should only be used in emergencies (and generally with the auto-crit buff turned on). If should NOT be their main source of healing.[...]
Sorry to say Sir, but it seems like you have not a clue about sage/sorc healing at PVE

Pubsam
02.28.2013 , 01:51 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by namesaretough View Post
If you're asking which combination will bring you the most success, bring your two best healers, no matter the classes.
We can quibble about the differences between the classes, but one of the things I love about the PvE in this game is that this is really true. As a Sorc, I used to think my favorite partner was an Operative, but it was simply because my experiences with Mercs and other Sorcs were with subpar healers. My current favorite partner? The other healer in my guild, who happens to play a Sorc too.

That said, I do think teams without one Sorc/Sage do have to work a little harder. Sorcs are theoretically balanced in having the best AoE heals in that they have the worst tank heals. But as gear progresses, tanks maximizing survivability greatly diminishes the need for crack tank healing, but DPS survivability increases so marginally that AoE healing difficulty never really decreases.

So in the end there is a higher premium on AoE healing ability than tank healing ability (in most circumstances). It's really splitting hairs though, since the content is obviously complete-able by Sorc-less teams, and definitely doesn't justify bringing a mediocre Sorc over a good Merc or Op. I suppose it does give mediocre Sorcs an edge over mediocre Mercs and Ops though!
Time for a nap.

Hovergame
02.28.2013 , 07:23 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by namesaretough View Post
Good luck healing anything you aren't terribly overgeared for with moderate to high tank damage as a 2 sage team never using deliverance. Rejuv and HT have cooldowns, FA functionally has a cooldown from the debuff, and salv has less single target hps than deliverance.
I agree that not using Delivrance is bad, but the one telling that 2 sorces/sages is bad is clueless. I heard some noobs, on the general chat on my server, telling me that "TfB HM with 2 sages is asking to wipe" when we were farming this OP with 2 sages while these noobs had issues in downing the 3rd boss with a full 63 set. When we killed the last boss for the first time, I was the best geared in my guild, with 2 DG pieces.

Quote:
If you're bubbling everyone in the raid all the time you're wasting a bunch of force.
I agree.

On a side note : in my guild, we don't care about which classes are the 2 healers. We don't assign a healer to a tank, or a side, or a sage to the group, etc. We're asking them to work together and heal whoever needs to be healed, without losing too much heals in overheals. I will never understand the point of creating 2 groups of 4 during a raid.

Mistress_Ivi
02.28.2013 , 11:57 PM | #18
From an Imp point of view... I always want a Sorc (sage) and Operative (Scoundrel) as the healing pair.

Sorc for the group... Operative for the main tank, whom-ever that may be at the time.
Former SWG Player and Bloody Proud of it!

Brutal
03.01.2013 , 11:30 AM | #19
bh and op in my opinion are best team having all 3 in bh/deth guard gear

and done some ec hm ops with sorc healer menage to out heal him with my merc healer on each fight up to 30% sopously damn good healer had beter gear and menage to finish all ops (im still strugling with top end due to lack of time to play)

mikebevo
03.01.2013 , 12:06 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Hovergame View Post
On a side note : in my guild, we don't care about which classes are the 2 healers. We don't assign a healer to a tank, or a side, or a sage to the group, etc. We're asking them to work together and heal whoever needs to be healed, without losing too much heals in overheals. I will never understand the point of creating 2 groups of 4 during a raid.
Wow...I agree with Hovergame for once.

I hate being assigned, even when the raid leader tells me to heal a certain group, I say alright and then heal anyone that needs healing within my range. I just consider being assigned to a group as it is my job to keep my group in my range at all times, that does not mean I can't heal the other group if they are in range or if they are close enough so that I can get them in range without putting my group in any danger. Would rather do that than deal with a wipe.