Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW staff participation on PvP forums is 0.13%

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW staff participation on PvP forums is 0.13%
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Groncho
02.27.2013 , 02:18 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Belly View Post
But they ARE evil. Well, not all of em. Some of them are just ill-tempered.
u need to stack presence
Ch
LATIN LOVER
Free Transfer??=

legolegion
02.27.2013 , 02:18 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Groncho View Post
inb4 nerf operatives
inb4 nerf bubbles
inb4 nerf smash
inb4 buff mercs
inb4 sith's are evil
inb4 anticipated QQ from 2.0
nerf everyone but me
boost me so i kill evey one with one maul

Joesixxpack
02.27.2013 , 02:22 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
This seems like an excellent post for me to jump into given the topic

We are going to make a more concerted effort to post in all forums, not just PvP, but this forum is certainly a place that we can increase "yellow posts." I am doing my best to go through and find major issues in all of our forums and even if I don't have an answer at the moment, at least let you folks in the community know that we are aware of them.

-eric
Sounds good Eric, and good luck and congratulations with your new role. You may find a jaded reception for a while due to past yellow committments that were similar. From your new team thread on the general page it sounds like you all don't have any less work but less folks to do it with, so any increases in communication you can bring to the PVP page would be very appreciated.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

ArchangelLBC
02.27.2013 , 02:57 PM | #14

We are going to make a more concerted effort to post in all forums, not just PvP, but this forum is certainly a place that we can increase "yellow posts." I am doing my best to go through and find major issues in all of our forums and even if I don't have an answer at the moment, at least let you folks in the community know that we are aware of them.

-eric
If you mean it and actually do this then that's huge.

Austin posted in a smash thread on the PTS that they've done a lot of work on it. It's good to know that all the smash threads haven't been falling on deaf ears, but it would be a lot less frustrating to get acknowledgement of an issue when it's a obviously a huge concern.

Most of us understand that some issues require careful some careful balancing acts, but the total silence from BW in the past regarding most issues has been a source of frustration.

Of course when you post something, and then the replies are "you guys don't seem to understand the problem" then you need to, you know, respond back. Dialogue can be a wonderful thing.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

TUXs
02.27.2013 , 02:57 PM | #15

-eric
I hope you're able to accomplish this Eric You're not the first to say they'd post more, but you're one guy I trust to make a greater effort at it than past people had.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

warstory
02.27.2013 , 03:18 PM | #16
I wonder if their staff can make any comments about lightning sorc we need a dmg increase and qol changes

af_raptura
02.27.2013 , 03:29 PM | #17
Just wanted to chime in to say to Mr. Musco that I look forward to reading his posts.
PvE theorycrafting has really loosened their standards.
Quote: Originally Posted by karlwaite View Post
As for the skill changes to benefit pvp likes of the fly by damage reduction they suffered and reducing focused defence by 200% is a joke they are affecting pve to benefit pvp.

AlexModny
02.27.2013 , 03:50 PM | #18 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
We are still here! The Combat and PvP devs have been more focused on the PTS forum feedback than the PvP forums atm since we just launched 2.0 on PTS so the gettin' is good for hot feedback. That being said I still have this forum open in a tab and F5ing it dozens of times throughout the day and watching some very interesting threads right now. But as I said in one of my earlier posts in this very forum...

Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
I know its not as satisfying/comforting as having a golden yellow response but trust that we are lurking, reading and noting suggestions even if we don't give the thread a response.
Keep up the great discussions! Cheers!
Alex Modny | Assistant Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

funkiestj
02.27.2013 , 03:55 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
it would be nice if the moderators would either delete or move duplicate QQ threads. like the days that there are 5 "nerf smash" type threads on page 1; get rid of those and consolidate it all into one thread.
Yeah, the moderation here is abysmally weak. E.g. the "how resolve works" thread is horribly polluted with off topic QQ comments. People should be allowed to QQ about how they hate resolve but not in a valuable mechanics thread. An adequate moderation system would curate these threads. The current moderation system does not.

The obvious solution (that many other forums have implemented) is having volunteer moderators. I, for one, would be happy to do some thread curation moderating. I'd leave the banning and deleting to the BW employee mods as that topic is a nasty can of worms. Volunteer mods could recommend actions to BW mods who could then review and approve (or not approve) the action.

Also, we should have a button for reporting off topic posts that need to be moved to a containment thread.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

DaedalusV
02.27.2013 , 04:28 PM | #20

-eric
Very happy to see more yellow posts around. I'm really rooting for this game, even though it's not the sandbox I wanted, it's got the flavour I love. Your warzone play has much potential, the storylines are the Bioware kind (not too shabby, not too shabby at all) You might have overshot the spending budget on voiceacting though since some things feel unfinished and alot of stuff gets done on the fly.

Welcome to the jungle

"Meddle Thee Not in the Affairs of Dragons For Thou Art Crunchy and Wouldst Be Tasty With Ketchup"

I miss Tigs tbh :P

Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post
Yeah, the moderation here is abysmally weak. E.g. the "how resolve works" thread is horribly polluted with off topic QQ comments. People should be allowed to QQ about how they hate resolve but not in a valuable mechanics thread. An adequate moderation system would curate these threads. The current moderation system does not.

The obvious solution (that many other forums have implemented) is having volunteer moderators. I, for one, would be happy to do some thread curation moderating. I'd leave the banning and deleting to the BW employee mods as that topic is a nasty can of worms. Volunteer mods could recommend actions to BW mods who could then review and approve (or not approve) the action.

Also, we should have a button for reporting off topic posts that need to be moved to a containment thread.
This is a place to start for mods of the forums. most stickied posts are outdated, messy and not at all correct anymore.
There's correct stuff floating around several pages back with minimal replies that might serve as replacements or new ones could be made when 2.0 hits. Make it a clean slate ingame and on forums (concerning earlier communication blackouts heh)

Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
We are still here! The Combat and PvP devs have been more focused on the PTS forum feedback than the PvP forums atm since we just launched 2.0 on PTS so the gettin' is good for hot feedback. That being said I still have this forum open in a tab and F5ing it dozens of times throughout the day and watching some very interesting threads right now. But as I said in one of my earlier posts in this very forum...

Keep up the great discussions! Cheers!
Don't think it captured your quote in your post. Visibility is your friend, yellow posts can be effective as a reminder for people that you listen, take notes and work hard on giving us a product we enjoy playing. Sometimes forums can become a maelstrom of thoughts, ideas and random venting because the people in the community don't know which direction they could go with all their creativity and energy and actually be productive and helpful in their endeavour to help you guys make a better game.

Weekly or monthly brainstorm thread? Give people a topic and let the thread be the focal point for input?
"you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
Arwyn Sage Blitzkrieger Sentinel Sk'ye Guardian