Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hoods no longer work with helmets?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Hoods no longer work with helmets?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jimmie_Rox
02.27.2013 , 11:27 AM | #21
The hood on my Jedi Sage's Ancient Seekers Robe no longer covers the Investigator's Headgear. Double checked with multiple other bits of hooded chest gear I own and none of them work either. Played about and it seems that only about 50% of the circlets I own work with a hood up.

Great. Would be nice to see an ETA on a fix for this. About to ticket ingame for emphasis.

tman_ac
02.27.2013 , 11:45 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Jimmie_Rox View Post
The hood on my Jedi Sage's Ancient Seekers Robe no longer covers the Investigator's Headgear. Double checked with multiple other bits of hooded chest gear I own and none of them work either. Played about and it seems that only about 50% of the circlets I own work with a hood up.

Great. Would be nice to see an ETA on a fix for this. About to ticket ingame for emphasis.
Same for my Jedi Knight: It's either my face + hood when I disable the headpiece or the Investigator's Mask without hood. While that mask looks awesome with a hood, my Knight now looks like crap. I really hope this will be fixed asap. When I look at my toon I get depressed...
T3-M4 - Seven Stuck
Dragonslayer The Eternal Warrior Gate Crasher Conquerer of the Dread Fortress

KaitoX
02.27.2013 , 11:47 AM | #23
Come on Bioware,we need a hotfix for this asap.It's not fair that only light armor gets this obvious bug,just revert whatever you did in the last patch that caused this ugly bug.A lot of players spent great amounts of money and credits to get the look they want and now it's all for nothing because of this.A hotfix for this should be simple,just bring it back to before the patch and all will be good again.

Kosef
02.27.2013 , 11:54 AM | #24
plan on having this being like this for the next 6 months with this thread doing astronomical numbers with little to no replies from devs. Oh but when they do they'll state the useless drivel that really doesn't help the situation at all.
Jung Ma: The Sicarii Legacy
EMPIRE:[Korvah-Mara][Kraven-Merc][Kosef-Sorc]

tman_ac
02.27.2013 , 11:57 AM | #25
If this won't get addressed in the near future I will say Bye Bye to SWTOR. I can take nearly everything, but not to see my Jedi-Knight without a Hood while wearing a mask.

I hope they know this is an urgent issue for many of us!
T3-M4 - Seven Stuck
Dragonslayer The Eternal Warrior Gate Crasher Conquerer of the Dread Fortress

Ovan_Oh-One
02.27.2013 , 12:06 PM | #26
Is the Xenotech Weaponmaster's chestpiece not working properly as well with helmets?

Because if not....
Artist formerly known as Agyo.
Ketwol
Enra

Kayriel
02.27.2013 , 12:15 PM | #27
I really hope they fix this crap soon and that it is not intended , i mean the only helmet that you can wear under a hooded light armor chest piece is the craptastic looking Revan's helmet thing , and i hate it and do not want to spend 9 million creds on it from the GTN
When you wish upon a star
I will kill you , near or far

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...61#post7731161

Cernow
02.27.2013 , 12:20 PM | #28
Why over a year since release don't they just put a simple hood up / down toggle into the game options?

The hood issue is important to a lot of players, it's something that is regularly a topic on the forums and in general chat. Adding a toggle will make a lot of players happy and save a lot of complaints every time they break things.

I also find it deeply suspicious that the only helm that isn't affected by this bug is Revan's Mask, available via the cartel pack lottery or a bucket load of credits on the GTN. Funny that.

What a shambles.

Panda_Que
02.27.2013 , 12:43 PM | #29
I use the Investigators mask/helm thing to cover my Knights ugly mugg.. They had better fix it... or give us an option with a toggle button... can't be that hard to do... on a side note... who does their programming? I think I have more programmer friends than they programmers employed... >_>

LetoAtreidesII
02.27.2013 , 12:45 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Cernow View Post
Why over a year since release don't they just put a simple hood up / down toggle into the game options?

The hood issue is important to a lot of players, it's something that is regularly a topic on the forums and in general chat. Adding a toggle will make a lot of players happy and save a lot of complaints every time they break things.

I also find it deeply suspicious that the only helm that isn't affected by this bug is Revan's Mask, available via the cartel pack lottery or a bucket load of credits on the GTN. Funny that.

What a shambles.
Here's my explanation for why the hood toggle is taking so long, and why it probably won't happen anytime soon:

A hood ON/OFF toggle is very easy to implement for the very reason that some headgear knocks hoods off - the functionality is already in the game and has been since launch. Turning this into a toggle would be a very simple matter, and given how oft-requested this feature is, if the developers had decided to go this route, they would have done so a long time ago.

The most reasonable explanation for them not doing so is that they have decided to implement a hood UP/DOWN toggle instead of an ON/OFF toggle. That is, for every hood-up armor in the game, the toggle would switch to a hood-down appearance instead of just making the hood disappear. They would have to do the opposite for every hood-down armor in the game (granted, a hood ON/OFF toggle would have to ignore hood-down armor to work but that's OK). This route is in fact ridiculously costly and time consuming since it requires them to create new art/models for every single hooded armor in the game (including all the green/blue non-moddable ones). It is in fact so ridiculously time and resource intensive that it is impractical; they should never have attempted it in the first place when such a cheap and easy alternative exists.

Bioware seems dead set on the UP/DOWN route, so don't expect the hood toggle to happen for a long, long time. Not only is it ridiculously hard and costly to do it that way, but Bioware stands to make more money selling hood down armor on the Cartel Market than by implementing a hood toggle.

Only if we can convince Bioware to implement an ON/OFF toggle instead of an UP/DOWN toggle and that they would make more money that way will we stand a chance of seeing a hood toggle anytime soon. We need to let Bioware know that with very few exceptions, those of us who want a hood toggle DO NOT CARE for a hood UP/DOWN toggle. We are mostly hood haters who want to be able to turn the hood off on hood-up outfits and are willing to pay money for a toggle on the CM. We don't care if there's no hood down art. We don't care if we can't put the hood up on hood-down armor especially since an UP/DOWN toggle effectively means NO toggle at all. Having an ON/OFF toggle today is better than having no toggle at all or an UP/DOWN toggle in 2 years.