Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Digital Upgrade Pack items

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Digital Upgrade Pack items

Vysogota's Avatar


Vysogota
03.12.2013 , 10:05 AM | #11
Anyone got one of these recently? Got one after 1.7.2 and it is only giving me two copies of the flare gun.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
-- Terry Pratchett, Small Gods

ImmortalLowlife's Avatar


ImmortalLowlife
03.12.2013 , 11:50 AM | #12
Do they actually. have items that make a difference during gameplay or are they just "fluff items" ? I Pre ordered so i gotthe special saber crystal even tho i didn't actually start playing until a month ago.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

Server: The Shadowlands/ Guild~The Elite Imperial Guard & Order of the Light~

FizzwickNuffaa's Avatar


FizzwickNuffaa
03.13.2013 , 09:02 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
Do they actually. have items that make a difference during gameplay or are they just "fluff items" ? I Pre ordered so i gotthe special saber crystal even tho i didn't actually start playing until a month ago.
The only really useful ones to me are the free adaptive speeder and the VIP wristband. No need to ever spend credits on a speeder unless you really want to and you get access to the VIP area of the fleet. The VIP area got useful when they put in the GTN terminal, mailbox and bay access points. They're all right together for easy access and that area is usually much quieter and less laggy than the public terminals. The rest of the stuff is pretty much all fluff.

And there's a known bug right now. Newly created characters aren't getting their correct goodie bag in the mail. They just get two flare guns and nothing else. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=609085

Xaldynn's Avatar


Xaldynn
03.13.2013 , 04:42 PM | #14
I'm just going to comment on the free mount you get in this pack, the Longspur STAP.

The description of the mount SPECIFICALLY says: "Offers EXCELLENT protection from being knocked off"

Uh..I'll call BS..

If a mob even looks at me funny I get knocked off that thing.

And while being a very minute and unimportant issue, I still feel it needs to be fixed.
Zéphyros Korrvo Xaldynn Corrvo
Kόrrvo Kúgo Stárrk Cόrrvo
Guild Leader For:
Order of Silence & Disciples of Ragnos

FizzwickNuffaa's Avatar


FizzwickNuffaa
03.14.2013 , 09:03 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Xaldynn View Post
I'm just going to comment on the free mount you get in this pack, the Longspur STAP.

The description of the mount SPECIFICALLY says: "Offers EXCELLENT protection from being knocked off"

Uh..I'll call BS..

If a mob even looks at me funny I get knocked off that thing.

And while being a very minute and unimportant issue, I still feel it needs to be fixed.
Not really my experience. I bought a low end speeder on my first toon just because I liked the look and quickly found that there was definitely a difference between it and the STAP when it came to getting knocked off. The normal speeder offered pretty much no protection at all. One shot and I was on the ground. With the STAP I can frequently skim past mobs and not get knocked off unless I get really hammered.

smokenrook's Avatar


smokenrook
03.14.2013 , 03:25 PM | #16

i bought this pack earlier this week and all i received were the flare guns...does the other items come later down the line...or were they pullin my leg??

FizzwickNuffaa's Avatar


FizzwickNuffaa
03.14.2013 , 04:03 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by smokenrook View Post
i bought this pack earlier this week and all i received were the flare guns...does the other items come later down the line...or were they pullin my leg??
As I stated above, there was a bug with the mail that delivers the items. This was supposedly fixed in today's patch. You'll have to either delete and remake your toon or contact customer support to get your missing stuff. Normally, all the items show up together in the mail when the character is made.

smokenrook's Avatar


smokenrook
03.15.2013 , 05:03 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by FizzwickNuffaa View Post
As I stated above, there was a bug with the mail that delivers the items. This was supposedly fixed in today's patch. You'll have to either delete and remake your toon or contact customer support to get your missing stuff. Normally, all the items show up together in the mail when the character is made.
my apologize i did not see ur message about the bug...i will contact customer support cuz i still have not got anything other than the flare guns