Remapping mouselook

ghettogenius

Am I missing something or is there currently no way to remap mouselook (right click) and camera movement (left click)? I use a Logitech Trackman trackball and for years have used left click for mouselook as it it much easier on your hand to just press down your thumb rather than tweak your finger (ring finger) to keep right click pressed down (especially in PvP where I keep mouselook pressed down pretty much constantly). I looked everywhere in the preferences but could not find what I was looking for.

I would hate to have to abandon the trackball because I have grown quite used to it and think they offer better range of viewing motion with only barely moving a few fingers as opposed to moving your entire hand and wrist with a mouse.

Anyway I guess I should poll readers on a good dependable gaming mouse while Im at it. Any suggestions?

Am I missing something or is there currently no way to remap mouselook (right click) and camera movement (left click)? I use a Logitech Trackman trackball and for years have used left click for mouselook as it it much easier on your hand to just press down your thumb rather than tweak your finger (ring finger) to keep right click pressed down (especially in PvP where I keep mouselook pressed down pretty much constantly). I looked everywhere in the preferences but could not find what I was looking for.

I would hate to have to abandon the trackball because I have grown quite used to it and think they offer better range of viewing motion with only barely moving a few fingers as opposed to moving your entire hand and wrist with a mouse.

Anyway I guess I should poll readers on a good dependable gaming mouse while Im at it. Any suggestions?

I have not seen a way to remap mouselook. Im hoping they put in a mouselock toggle to fix this problem.

Im currently using a CM Storm mouse but logitech makes some good ones too. Its mostly personal preferance, so pick one you like and go with it.

Can't you remap mouse 1 to mouse 2 and vica versa in the logitech software, unless it uses a different logitech software than their mice, it should work.

Hadnt thought of that, though I dont think I even have Logitech drivers installed. A bit worried this would cause more trouble than its worth though as I prefer it only changed for TOR camera control and not the entire system.

• 2 weeks later...
Am I missing something or is there currently no way to remap mouselook (right click) and camera movement (left click)?

I can't find it either. This would make the game so much more enjoyable to play. I'm digging for a work around on my end through remapping it in windows. I would like to use RIGHT CLICK for a force power or saber attack. And I would like to toggle camera free look on and off with a key on the keyboard (without holding it).

I have severe Fibromyalgia and this is killing my hands and arms. This is so frustrating. How do so many testers and dev's screw this little obvious stuff up in so many games!? :mad:

Edited by JediJudoChopx

I can't find it either. This would make the game so much more enjoyable to play. I'm digging for a work around on my end through remapping it in windows. I would like to use RIGHT CLICK for a force power or saber attack. And I would like to toggle camera free look on and off with a key on the keyboard (without holding it).

I have severe Fibromyalgia and this is killing my hands and arms. This is so frustrating. How do so many testers and dev's screw this little obvious stuff up in so many games!? :mad:

Take a look at AutoHotkey for the toggle feature. It might also work to change up the left/right mouse clicks.

As it stands, right clicking uses the Hotkey Button 1, Bottom Bar (as I understand it) so if you want a specific force power for it, change that force power to that button on the Action bar.

Mouselook Toggle script:

http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/topic78101.html

AutoHotkey:

http://www.autohotkey.com/

Take a look at AutoHotkey for the toggle feature. It might also work to change up the left/right mouse clicks.

As it stands, right clicking uses the Hotkey Button 1, Bottom Bar (as I understand it) so if you want a specific force power for it, change that force power to that button on the Action bar.

Mouselook Toggle script:

http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/topic78101.html

AutoHotkey:

http://www.autohotkey.com/

Thanks a lot! I'll look into those links and see what I can do with it.

:D

• 2 weeks later...