Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM Flashpoints in 2.0

Knobbyknees
02.26.2013 , 08:02 PM | #1
I saw in the PTS notes for the expansion:
  • New level 55 Hard Mode Flashpoints: Hammer Station, Athiss, Mandalorian Raiders, and Cademimu.

That sounds great to me. But my question is, what about the current 50 HM FPs? WIll they be converted to 55 as well? I really enjoy some of the current 50 HM FPs, but if they stay at 50 once the expansion hits no one will run them.

FlyinSpaghetti
02.26.2013 , 08:08 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Knobbyknees View Post
I saw in the PTS notes for the expansion:
  • New level 55 Hard Mode Flashpoints: Hammer Station, Athiss, Mandalorian Raiders, and Cademimu.

That sounds great to me. But my question is, what about the current 50 HM FPs? WIll they be converted to 55 as well? I really enjoy some of the current 50 HM FPs, but if they stay at 50 once the expansion hits no one will run them.
No they are all tier one still but LI HM is in same tier meaning for your daily you could get LI HM as a pop,
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

AshlaBoga
02.26.2013 , 08:54 PM | #3
Reivews of the flashpoints:

1. HM Athiss: Gear check, mechanics were too easy.
2. HM Cadimemu: 1st boss (Officer and Droid) was fun, the 2nd boss (Wookie) was pretty much the same, finall boss was actually tough to figure out (wiped 2 times figuring out shackles).

So far I liked Cadimemu but Athiss was too much of a gear check, needs more mechanics.

Will post on Mandalorian Raiders and Hammer Station after I've done them.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

bbare
02.26.2013 , 11:24 PM | #4
I found all them easy. The hardest one would probably be Cademimu, because the final boss is tricky if you aren't in vent to call out shackles. Athiss was the easiest, followed by Mandalorian Raiders. Hammer Station was easy, but we wiped on the first boss do to a mechanic that requires a cleanse. It was faceroll once we told the healer via group chat what to do.

Overall, I would say the flashpoints are too easy and they compare to something like HM foundry or Boarding Party in difficulty on live server. None of them are as "hard" as LI HM right now, but that isn't saying much because LI is easy.

TL;DR? Everything is easy.
The Vanity Legacy

DarthScruffy
02.26.2013 , 11:40 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
No they are all tier one still but LI HM is in same tier meaning for your daily you could get LI HM as a pop,
But they are nerfing LI HM again.

Knobbyknees
02.27.2013 , 07:50 PM | #6
I guess to circle back to my original question: once the expansion goes live, what would be the point of running the 50 HM FP's? Everyone is just going to level right past them on their way to 55.

eastgotenks
02.27.2013 , 08:10 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by bbare View Post
I found all them easy. The hardest one would probably be Cademimu, because the final boss is tricky if you aren't in vent to call out shackles. Athiss was the easiest, followed by Mandalorian Raiders. Hammer Station was easy, but we wiped on the first boss do to a mechanic that requires a cleanse. It was faceroll once we told the healer via group chat what to do.

Overall, I would say the flashpoints are too easy and they compare to something like HM foundry or Boarding Party in difficulty on live server. None of them are as "hard" as LI HM right now, but that isn't saying much because LI is easy.

TL;DR? Everything is easy.
Flashpoints are made to be pugged and you are clearly playing with a group using vent. So the difficulty will there.

bbare
02.28.2013 , 12:26 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by eastgotenks View Post
Flashpoints are made to be pugged and you are clearly playing with a group using vent. So the difficulty will there.
We only had 2 of 4 in vent, myself and our tank. Even without vent, it is pretty damn simple. All instructions can be handled in group chat.
The Vanity Legacy

JimmyTheCannon
02.28.2013 , 01:05 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Knobbyknees View Post
I guess to circle back to my original question: once the expansion goes live, what would be the point of running the 50 HM FP's? Everyone is just going to level right past them on their way to 55.
What's the point of running the non-HM FPs? You already level past them on your way to 50.

Knobbyknees
02.28.2013 , 06:33 AM | #10
My point is that I enjoy running some of the current 50 HM FP's, and I don't want them essentially to be shelved once the expansion hits.

My hope is that bioware creates a 55 HM version of all FPs.