Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Armormech = Synthweaving?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Armormech = Synthweaving?

Tyranaal
02.26.2013 , 07:44 PM | #1
I'm working on leveling several characters, because I'm an altaholic, and I've chosen differing Crew Skills for each because why not? My current focus is on my Republic Trooper, with Armormech. Recently though I hopped onto my Sith Warrior to get him to the Fleet, and picked up Synthweaving for him. Now, based on the description I was expecting Synthweaving to have Armorings, and Mods, and other things to slot into adaptive gear. Instead, it looks like it has equippable gear... Just like Armormech.

So my question is, beyond the gathering skills, what's the difference between the two? Is there any point to trying to raise Synthweaving when I have ~120 Armormech on a different toon?

Zorash
02.26.2013 , 08:03 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Tyranaal View Post
I'm working on leveling several characters, because I'm an altaholic, and I've chosen differing Crew Skills for each because why not? My current focus is on my Republic Trooper, with Armormech. Recently though I hopped onto my Sith Warrior to get him to the Fleet, and picked up Synthweaving for him. Now, based on the description I was expecting Synthweaving to have Armorings, and Mods, and other things to slot into adaptive gear. Instead, it looks like it has equippable gear... Just like Armormech.

So my question is, beyond the gathering skills, what's the difference between the two? Is there any point to trying to raise Synthweaving when I have ~120 Armormech on a different toon?
Armormech is designed to make armor, augments and augment kits for cunning/aim users, while synthweaving serves the exact same purpose as armormech, except for force users (strength/willpower). If you want to make armorings and mods you want to go with cybertech.

Personally I feel the best crew skill for an altaholic is cybertech with scavenging and underworld trading to make all the armorings and mods you need. I would level up armormech and snythweaving if you plan to play a lot at lvl 50 to make your own augments and augmentation kits.

DataBeaver
02.28.2013 , 02:45 AM | #3
A true altaholic will make enough characters to take up every crew skill. I'm only missing armormech now - I already have a character created for it, just have to level him to 10 and off the starter planet.

As noted above, synthweaving and armormech make armors with different stats, as well as different augments. The styles of armors are also very different; an important consideration if you like wearing orange armor fitted with custom modifications.