Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

op healing as of current patch

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
op healing as of current patch

ManDogTrain
02.26.2013 , 07:30 PM | #1
I am almost 50 on my op healer. Been kind of doing my own build - but I am just curious whats the most typical cookie cutter op heal guide as of today? the sticky above seems out of date

Zalekanzer
02.27.2013 , 10:37 AM | #2
31/3/5 with 2 free points to spend where you want is pretty standard for PvE.
<The Harbinger> Anzer Katzin Requiel Zevka Katzera

ManDogTrain
02.27.2013 , 03:27 PM | #3
forgot to say im only pvp

z-monty
02.27.2013 , 05:49 PM | #4
I would say for PvP the build provided above is probably still a good way to go, the only change I would do is put the two extra points into Slip Away since having that extra stun on a quicker cooldown can really help at times. The other abilities that you can build into are mostly for damage, though I suppose you could make an argument for Evasion Imperative, as that's a nice escape in tough situations, though the cooldown is much longer than Debilitate even when Slip Away isn't specced in to.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401MffrzGoRzsZ0cZGb.2

This is the the build I run, and it works fine for me, though in full disclosure I do both PvE and PvP.
Quote: Originally Posted by Sutii View Post
No, I'm not a big fan of the Queen or Royal Family, but yes, I do love tea.
Well played CS... well played

ManDogTrain
02.28.2013 , 12:58 AM | #5
Thank you for the submission.
Based on all my google searching, the guides I have came across are similar to yours. However, there is NO detailed descriptions on the skill choices. Why does everyone put points into the synergies and bonues for diagnostic scan? Seems like the most pointless skill to me.. I mean I know you can use it when you have no energy left - but the healing seems to be mega crap.. idk..

I am currently level 48 and I'll post my spec when I get home but from levels 30 - 48 I usually break between 150k-230k heals a warzone. And thats even with going for objectives . I noticed people are retarded in the lowbie pvp tier so even as a op healer im usually carrying the ball in hutball.. planting bombs in voidstar and stealth capping nodes in hypergate.. now i know when i get to 50 ppl generally play smarter and are more experienced so I can focus on heals. Pretty much I dont care about my dmg at all I just want to do is be able to get off the highest heals as fast as possible.

contactlost
02.28.2013 , 04:09 AM | #6
Diagnostic scan is not useless. When you will have some more survivability you will find that while you can last longer during any battle you are lacking energy and adrenaline proble is on cd, you must do something to stay alive ;-) Then you are spamming diag scan becouse its mega fast and it accually heals, becouse it crits more then 50% it can give about 400 hp per tick. I use it very often. even when i'm about 50% energy.
Joru'us | Operative medic | Tomb of Freedon Nadd

z-monty
02.28.2013 , 12:28 PM | #7
I totally see the confusion over Diagnostic Scan, I never really understood it myself and, in a way, I agree with you. DS is by no means a must-have skill in your rotation IF you know how to properly manage your energy already. DS is nice to have when, say, in an Ops run you suddenly have to pump heals out to five different people and all of a sudden you have no energy. If your energy regeneration probe is on cooldown, you're pretty much out of luck, since energy will regenerate very slowly. People who use DS don't use it for the heals it gives, only for the help it gives in regenerating energy, and maybe as a quick top-off heal.

That said, if you find that you can manage your energy completely fine without DS, then by all means put the points somewhere else where you think they might be more useful. I would urge you to at least give it a chance and spec into it to see how it works, and if you find you don't like it then by all means take the points out. A good way I've found to keep energy up is to just fire off a few of your basic Rife Shots every now and then, since it doesn't cost any energy to use and does some damage, even if that damage is low.

Bottom line, I'd suggest taking a look at it and seeing if it helps (more in Ops runs and some HMs than anything else) but if not feel free to get rid of it. I don't see it as a must-need, as some others do, just a useful tool to have if you find yourself in a pinch. Hope this can help!
Quote: Originally Posted by Sutii View Post
No, I'm not a big fan of the Queen or Royal Family, but yes, I do love tea.
Well played CS... well played

Warshades
03.13.2013 , 03:42 PM | #8
My Op is played a little differently. And is great for pressure healing. Go up the healing tree high enough to get the instant, and the buffs to instant heal. Dont get the diag scan buffs as you wont need it anymore.

I think this is like lvl 33 so 24 pts?

Then go up the second line to get better stealth, and the buff too our power regen. This becomes a permanent heal over time for you.

Tactic

Open up with big heal, get tactical advantage (ta for now). Use ta to get power and health regen up. Hot a few people (30% chance to grant ta each tic) the heal on the hot is a nice bonus but not really the needed portion. The ta is the important part. Within a few seconds you'll have 3 sacks of TA. hen alternate between big heal and instant heal as needed. remember anytime you insta heal a target below 30% you get TA back. And it costs no power. So you can pretty much spam t if you keep 3-5 people hotted and can big heal IF ta ever drops to 0. And immediately get TA back.

And since you have power/health regen up at ALL times.....power is Never an issue. Add it double self hot and spam instant heal, its very difficult to kill you aswell. especially if you have a guard or people taunting.
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”

Mookind
03.13.2013 , 06:30 PM | #9
Most people i know 31 3 7

30 sec cd on and move speed from debilitate can be very handy

JouerTue
03.13.2013 , 07:03 PM | #10
i put the points to get surgical attacks, so i didn't pumped alacrity or debilitate. i think i will try because it seems a smart move :-)