Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Video] Follow Up Details on the new <Spotter> ability

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
[Video] Follow Up Details on the new <Spotter> ability

Invictusthetaru
03.01.2013 , 11:15 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by dcgregorya View Post
If you think snipers are OP you should meet my sentinel. Sorry but - they really are just squishy nuke casters and they need to do everything perfect to win a 1vs1. Maybe it's because I've mained a gunslinger and played more PVP with them than any other class but I can blow up GS or snipers on demand - it's just not hard to do.
Not anymore. Lmao. I handled marauders fine pre 2.0, post 2.0 it really isn't close. That roll turns the tide significantly in our favor.
Invic- 55 Jugg Tongs-53 Gunslinger
Tongs- 55 Assassin Penné-50 Vanguard
Havesome- 55 Sentinel
iKite- 55 Sorc

Cilas
03.01.2013 , 12:10 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by BanetheDarkLord View Post
Not talking about camera angle, talking about character facing which can easily be different from camera angle. Your character model was still facing the same way as the cover shield.

Example: I'm in cover with a healing teammate running around behind me. Opponent Jugg jumps to healer which is now behind me. My character model will turn to face the Jugg while shooting and I keep my camera forward and my cover shield is forward. Which is priority for Spotter then? My character model's back is facing the same way as the cover shield while my character model is turned shooting at the Jugg. Does my cone in that case go from my cover shield facing forward OR does it go from my character model's front which is now facing the Jugg I'm shooting at?
Ahh misunderstood and I do not know, very good question. I'll test it
Cilas Vexer Gaming
<Immortals>
YouTube Channel
Live Streaming on Twitch

BanetheDarkLord
03.01.2013 , 12:41 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Cilas View Post
Ahh misunderstood and I do not know, very good question. I'll test it
Best way might be just to use Suppressive Fire to turn your character's back while your stealth moves in. Easiest way to turn away from cover shield while shooting and not having to worry about getting someone else to help you test it.
Ry'tan-Juggernaut-55 | Treys'n-Powertech-55 | Velmir-Operative-55 |
Lurruh-Sage-21 | Sellysha-Mercenary-45 | Zarruh-Assassin-41

Cilas
03.01.2013 , 01:01 PM | #44
Best way might be just to use Suppressive Fire to turn your character's back while your stealth moves in. Easiest way to turn away from cover shield while shooting and not having to worry about getting someone else to help you test it.
Yep, I'll look at it tonight and post a comment here
Cilas Vexer Gaming
<Immortals>
YouTube Channel
Live Streaming on Twitch

Cilas
03.01.2013 , 06:43 PM | #45
Not sure if this has been asked/answered but is the cone of Spotter determined by the facing of the Sniper themselves OR the facing of the cover shield. I know at times I might target someone that ends up behind or to the side of where my cover shield is facing, wondering if that will affect the cone's facing as well or still go by the cover shield.
Ok, I just tested it and I can confirm:

the stealth detection cone is in the direction the sniper is facing. NOT the cover shield.

I forsee a lot of snipers tricking unsuspecting operatives with that one
Cilas Vexer Gaming
<Immortals>
YouTube Channel
Live Streaming on Twitch