Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Quitting in middle of WZ and consequences

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Quitting in middle of WZ and consequences

General_Aldo
02.26.2013 , 10:10 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Zenates View Post
10 minute penalty is a must.
Kick afk players after 1.5 mins if not moving fixes idle players.
No medals for healing yourself.
Remove defender medals other than the initial one.
Backfill disabled after 2/3rds of wining requirements are met, (Score, time, progress).

Bioware may inquire at my listed email address for payment options related to the above consulting and its associated fees.
I don't agree with no medals for healing yourself. As a commando healer, I get targeted a lot for a free easy kill (Which is never the case) And i got to heal myself for a good portion of the match, because the PUG team can't peel.

WickedImage
02.26.2013 , 10:11 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Bolo_Yeung View Post
"No easy victory for me, so I quit" ? Congrats.
It's about fun and having the "possibility" of victory. You see, those 2 items don't exist in a lot of WZ's because the matchmaking is crap.
Stop punishing the players. This is a BW issue not a player issue. If BW gets their act together and stops giving us the generic matchmaking they do now, maybe they could start providing us with some quality pvp experiences?

Feel free to continue blaming players though......
Killer: 87% Achiever: 67% Explorer: 27% Socializer: 20%

WickedImage
02.26.2013 , 10:12 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Zenates View Post
10 minute penalty is a must.
Kick afk players after 1.5 mins if not moving fixes idle players.
No medals for healing yourself.
Remove defender medals other than the initial one.
Backfill disabled after 2/3rds of wining requirements are met, (Score, time, progress).

Bioware may inquire at my listed email address for payment options related to the above consulting and its associated fees.
You're fired. Next?
Killer: 87% Achiever: 67% Explorer: 27% Socializer: 20%

Gankstah
02.27.2013 , 12:00 AM | #14
Punishing "quitters" has never, in the short history of MMOs, ever worked. Not once. All it does is exacerbate the issue.

mrekxxx
02.27.2013 , 01:42 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by yauhen_pt View Post
People pay money to get a fun, if they do not have fun - they quit. They quit uncoordinated or weak/badly geared teams (wz, fp, ops), especially in wz whenever they face strong premade(or just good team). Weak doesn't mean dumb players, just can b lack of heals/composition or something else.

Ism a bit surprised that a number players have nazi philosophy "let's punish em". Instead of it u have to ask devs to make wz more enjoyable.

For example, I don't like yr thread, shall i ask devs to cancel yr subscription?
like ....

Vladnar
02.27.2013 , 01:48 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Bolo_Yeung View Post
Nearly half of the warzones it looks like it:

Enemy gets 2 turrets or goals or advance fast... and 2,3,4 people quit. Another are joining. They quit too, cursing for joining lost WZ ... etc. So, maybe add a penalty for quitting warzone in middle? Like 10-15 minute ban for entering another warzone?
I understand that people does not want to play when they're losing due to incompetent team (sometimes I have the urge to quit as well). Quitting in middle, though, severely cripple the rest of the team.
YES there must be stiffer penalties though i have seen incoming players turn the whole thing around and into a win. I will personally not leave no matter what, fight on till the bitter end and its not like you aren't going to get anything as the rewards, however small, can still be used to get better gear until youre full elite and full holding entitlement.

Its bad form indeed............people should be more about enjoying the pvp environment, its not only about winning and i for one enjoy it and have a good laff doing so too
The time of the Empire is now truly upon us

sauerkraut
02.27.2013 , 02:50 AM | #17
Is this whole leaving WZ become a big issue, because F2P players only can play a certain number of WZ a week?

Bullsith
02.27.2013 , 03:05 AM | #18
At the middle, I agree because players will get to take a good look at the wz and their chances, but this won't do ****, cause a lot of the frustrated players don't give a crap and all that would do is generate more frustration from players who join a lost game and quit themselves eating the lockout too. So no...

If you want this fixed, go for the original problem, lack of balance in classes in setups and in general. Fix that and much fewer would leave.
Choices need to matter! If I die I need to live with it. Hardcore!

Alec_Fortescue
02.27.2013 , 03:08 AM | #19
I honestly think it's better off to leave it as it is. It's better for them to leave instead of feeding the enemy or "defending" to get their medals without any dedication to the game. They won't get their rewards and you might get a competent player joining the game.

So many times I have joined a seemingly lost Warzone and I have changed the course of battle. Never give up :l

Besides it's rather harsh to pose penalties for leaving when we can't select a warzone to play on.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=788459&page=2 - Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

DarthMaulUK
02.27.2013 , 09:26 AM | #20
Oh good yet another one of these whining threads about quitters. If people learned to play, people probably wouldn't quit.

Why should I stick around, if someone is too stupid to call inc, guard the node, fight BY the node, watch the door, pops their CC breaker so they can get CCed again and point gets capped?

I will always leave when I see MP behaviour in a game. Its not about the winning, its about playing with stupid people.
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.