Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Team, Assemble!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LarryRow
03.06.2013 , 03:41 PM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
You are not mistaken, but there will always be that type of person who thinks any communication not on an issue they directly care about is a waste of space. Those people are wrong, and should be told so, often and clearly.

I'm loving the increased personal interaction and the touching base on questions.
I agree 100% with this post.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

ChuangTzu
03.06.2013 , 03:43 PM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As you guys are aware we are exploring a host of different options. Many of those options from the thread we created previously asking for everyone's input. (and thank you for that, that feedback has been extremely helpful to us)

Although I don't have details for you yet, I want to assure you that we are talking about the APAC servers on a daily basis. As soon as we have those details nailed down and ready to go, you will have them.

I know this is a "more of the same" kind of post but it is the truth. We are very actively working on confirming up the details and I will tell you about them the second that I can.

-eric
Thanks for the reply and not just ignoring it. I, as many ppl have, noticed the increase in dev responses and that is great to see. But specifically for the APAC concerns we would just like a more open discussion on the subject.

I think this has been the problem from the very beggining. I understand that you don't want to talk too much about things that can change because ppl will always take the info and see it as a promise broken when it does not happen. But I think not saying anything at all is far worse, as can be seen from multiple threads on this forum.

/end rant

Once again thanks for taking the time to respond.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

Obirayy
03.06.2013 , 03:56 PM | #213
I'm not going to quote everyone because there are too many, but I'm the 'slap in the face' guy lol.

Next week is the R.A.W championship finals on the APAC pvp server, an event created by one of the players to keep the server going because SOMEONE ELSE isn't doing a very good job of it. As soon as this is over (and ive only been staying for it) then I'm unsubbing and uninstalling. So I hope you can see how general socializing from the devs is straight up pointless for me as swtor is going to be dead to me.

We have been waiting since September and as legit as Biowares replies look, it should not take this long to still be 'discussing it'. While they bring out more cartel items which are straight up cosmetics just to make more money.
Mum: you need to get a life.
Me: but I've already got 10!

<Two Girls One Cup>

Pistols-GS
03.06.2013 , 03:59 PM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by Obirayy View Post
So I hope you can see how general socializing from the devs is straight up pointless for me as swtor is going to be dead to me.
The people you are referring to via this thread are the Community Relations team, not the Developers, hence the thread title.

/Best of luck.

Edit: I don't disagree with your concerns though, and wish there was something in the way to make the game more enjoyable for those who are suffering on those servers.
Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>

LrdRahvin
03.06.2013 , 04:02 PM | #215
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey Obirayy,

As a note, Amber meant no offense by her post so please do not take it that way. One of my goals with the community team is to have us be more human and less robotic to all of you. Sometimes, that means that we are going to make posts that aren't 100% serious and are even going to try to joke around with the community. This is something I honestly thought the community would want from us, maybe I was mistaken.

Since last week when our transitions happened we have made a very distinct effort to respond to almost all of the current, major pending issues in the community. In some cases, I know those answers haven't always been exactly what people are looking for (like APAC) but at the least we could reconfirm that we know there is an issue and are trying to resolve it. I would even ask that you take a look at the dev tracker to see things we have responded to over the past week, we have covered quite a bit

So again, apologies if you felt her post was offensive or a "slap in the face", our intent is to be actual people to all of you. Not just robots who post in yellow.

I also implore that if you know of a major issue, something that we haven't addressed in some way, that you bring it to our attention. You can even PM me about it, we aren't trying to ignore anyone.

-eric
I can't speak for anyone but myself, but in my case you were definately not mistaken. The level (and in my opinion, the TYPE and TONE) of communication since you took over are the best since launch. My greatest gripe about the community team for the entireity of the 2nd com. mngr.'s reign was the complete robotic copy/paste tone and attitude of nearly EVERY bit of communication. It leaves one with feeling nothing is taken seriously or anyone cares, not to mention makes it difficult to actually impart any useful info.

Anyway, IMO you're on the right track, ^5, and keep it up

Pistols-GS
03.06.2013 , 04:04 PM | #216
Quote: Originally Posted by LrdRahvin View Post
I can't speak for anyone but myself, but in my case you were definately not mistaken. The level (and in my opinion, the TYPE and TONE) of communication since you took over are the best since launch. My greatest gripe about the community team for the entireity of the 2nd com. mngr.'s reign was the coplete robotic copy/paste tone and attitude of nearly EVERY bit of communication. It leaves one with feeling nothing is taken seriously or anyone cares, not to mention makes it difficult to actually any useful info.

Anyway, IMO you're on the right track, ^5, and keep it up
I think most would agree, 4 CM's in a little over a year is a bit disconcerting, to say the least.

But giving credit where credit is due, Eric thusfar has been doing the job we all come to expect.
Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>

Slaign
03.06.2013 , 04:04 PM | #217
Eric, can you please try to get a comment on the prospects of same gender romance options with existing companions? There's a not small chunk of us that want to know what the deal is here. Is it on the roadmap? Is it being worked on?

This is a literally game breaking issue for many of us. Because of the vagueness of the plans surrounding SGRAs, a lot of people don't want to play classes with companions they want to romance until they know whether or not they will be able to do it in a way more appealing to them.

If this isn't in the pipeline, we'd like to know so we can move on from the waiting game. If it is, that confirmation would be welcome too.

Please. You said you are trying to address all the major outstanding issues the community has. This is one. It's important to a not insignificant amount of us.

Obirayy
03.06.2013 , 04:07 PM | #218
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols-GS View Post
The people you are referring to via this thread are the Community Relations team, not the Developers, hence the thread title.

/Best of luck.

Edit: I don't disagree with your concerns though, and wish there was something in the way to make the game more enjoyable for those who are suffering on those servers.
Ah gay, we just got refered to this page as... 'Hey look! Bioware are actually responding here and not ignoring people' the devs need some communication skills from the community relation team
Mum: you need to get a life.
Me: but I've already got 10!

<Two Girls One Cup>

Pistols-GS
03.06.2013 , 04:11 PM | #219
Quote: Originally Posted by Obirayy View Post
Ah gay, we just got refered to this page as... 'Hey look! Bioware are actually responding here and not ignoring people' the devs need some communication skills from the community relation team
While it would be fantastic to have a Q/A session with some members of the Development team once a week (or even once a month), I would imagine with the current downsizing of the team gives them major time contraints. But yeah, it would be kinda cool to know what they're working on, brainstorming ideas with the community, etc, etc., but alas it is what it is.
Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>

iamthehoyden
03.06.2013 , 04:14 PM | #220
I was really really skeptical over the "we're going to do more' statement made early on in this thread. We've seen a number of those, usually at the start of a cycle that looks like this:
1. "We're going to do more!"
2. Day 1 - uber deluge of posts, lots of information, community is (mostly) happy.
3. Day 2 - about half the number of posts as on day 1, some information, community is still mostly happy.
4. Day 3+ - communiction severely drops off to dwindle down to a scant handful of posts a week, community realizes that they've been had - again.

You guys have done much better this time around. I've been very glad to see not only more "human" posts, but also clear posts that provide information, and responses to a lot of the major issues on the forums. It's perhaps too soon to say the cycle has been broken, but so far so good. Please keep up the good work.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box