Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Team, Assemble!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jonoku
03.05.2013 , 06:39 PM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Specifically speaking on the topic of Ranked Warzones, we sort of agree here. We came out swinging a bit early on Ranked Warzones. Our intent was to release Season One shortly thereafter Preseason began. When our development made the shift to Free-to-Play, our priorities shifted as well which included the delay of Ranked Warzones.

This is why we are being cautious about releasing information on Ranked Warzones until things are a bit more locked down. We don't want to burn you guys a second time until our information is more concrete! Especially knowing that Ranked Warzones is a sensitive topic.

I can reassure you that we are in development on Ranked Warzones and as soon as we have information to share, you will have it!

-eric
The same applies for server transfers to consilidate toons etc.? I see this as something more important then anything else right now.

Also, can I please see the SWTOR team do the harlem shake in the studio?
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five

Spinikar
03.05.2013 , 08:56 PM | #172
Well, its nice to see some community involvement by Bioware. Now that your all here can we seriously talk about what the hell is going on with the APAC?

You have Iead us down the rabbit hole for over 7 months now. You have given us half arsed answers, or at best, Copy and pasted the previous response. You seem to just sweep anyone in the oceanic region and their concerns under the carpet as if we are just trash, and we are getting sick of it. We know the solution is not going to be a simple one, or quick, and there are many issues, such as Ranked war zones, which require a lot of attention. If your plan is to do something Months down the track, then tell us for crying out loud. Its not hard and will take all of 5 minutes. I'm sure this is more important than some blog about companions.

Do something, anything.
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."
419 Empire Guild Leader
spinikar@419guild.com

Tekkiez
03.05.2013 , 11:27 PM | #173
i'm totally behind Spinikar - i've just recently cancelled my sub AGAIN - the first was the absolute pathetic roll out of Oz servers and being unable to have my 50 characters from American servers moved straight away.

And this time is due to the worst customer service i have ever and boy do i mean ever experienced for ANYTHING - not just from a game but in my entire 15 years of gaming i have never seen such pathetic customer service in my entire life. I worked for 8 years at a retailer sales outlet and if any of the employees had ever even so much has done 1/16th of what has been happening to the APAC community for over 7 months they'd be out on there collective asses.

if your having so much friggin trouble do what Rift and GW2 do with there server transfers can transfer any character across realms but once done its on lockdown for 7 or 3 days. it clearly can't be hard if Rift has gotten it right.

At least give us some timeframe or answer instead of the same BS excuse "were looking into it!" and "we haven't forgotten the APAC community" because really guys we've all called ******** and you haven't come back with a response.....

It would be prudent for Bioware / EA to give the APAC community an answer or you look forward to your already piddly populations of subs dwindling even further.

its called Customer SERVICE for a reason and not Customer /IGNORE!
Clearly you forget - The Customer is always Right.

ALSO - are you totally serious instead of instigating some change to the APAC servers you do a Blizzard and change the log in names...... ***

Obirayy
03.06.2013 , 12:51 AM | #174
Haha I bet they won't post on this thread anymore or just give an answer with no details and say...

'We understand that you're stressed out about this but we are working on it and should have something done soon.'

Regards,
Joveth the 2nd'

Vyshen
03.06.2013 , 01:07 AM | #175
Word! Lova ya all!

Glzmo
03.06.2013 , 02:52 AM | #176
Specifically speaking on the topic of Ranked Warzones, we sort of agree here. We came out swinging a bit early on Ranked Warzones. Our intent was to release Season One shortly thereafter Preseason began. When our development made the shift to Free-to-Play, our priorities shifted as well which included the delay of Ranked Warzones.

This is why we are being cautious about releasing information on Ranked Warzones until things are a bit more locked down. We don't want to burn you guys a second time until our information is more concrete! Especially knowing that Ranked Warzones is a sensitive topic.

I can reassure you that we are in development on Ranked Warzones and as soon as we have information to share, you will have it!

-eric
I'd expect Season 1 to be worked on right after longer standind requests like chat bubbles, sitting on all chairs, and other long-promised basic features before that, though.

Yeah, we all know PVPers and PVEers usually cry the loudest, but socializers and roleplayers have had to take a back seat and waited patiently for way too long. It's time they get some love.

falcon_Xtreme
03.06.2013 , 03:24 AM | #177
Hey everyone!

With Joveth's departure I just wanted to pop in and take this opportunity to have us, the Community team, reintroduce ourselves! I know at times you will have seen our names in different spots on the forums, Reddit, or social media, but I figured a formal "hello, I am this guy/girl" would be way better! I will have the other Community folks post below.

As you can already see, my name is Eric Musco! I have a bunch of different roles on the Community team but the things that are most public facing are that I handle BioWare's communication to guilds and fan sites (I actually came from a fan site myself!).

When it comes to The Old Republic itself, I am a big elder game player. I love diving into Operations and the occasional Warzone. I have two 50's currently and am working on my third, why did no one tell me Marauders were so much fun?

I also have an extreme love for our Rakghoul forum smileys!

-eric
cool perhaps now you guys have assembled, you can collectively summon some courage and address issues that have attracted thousands of posts in a single thread, that has kept hundreds of angry customers angry... pleading for answers for SEVERAL months.. but hey if thats to much just keep patting yourselves on the back, and telling us how you enjoy rolling a marauder. we know how important that is....
REDZONE & PROUD!

MyPetMonkey
03.06.2013 , 06:49 AM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by MyPetMonkey View Post
Well here's a real test for the BW CM team. Can we get some actual feedback on this thread?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=534412

What is BW/EA thinking of doing?What are your options? We are tired of our own guesstimating.... Some actual feedback would be good.

No more "we have definitely not forgot about the APAC server concerns that all of you have. We are still very actively looking at all possible solutions and I will make sure that you are updated as soon as I have more information!" posts either.

We've had 5 of them already. 6 months too long guys.

Enjoy the challenge of issuing some actual info.
HI GUYS! JUST POPPING IN TO LET YOU KNOW YOU'RE DOING A BANG UP JOB OF DOING NOTHING!

I'll get you started!!! It's hard I know!

We are looking at ..............
But our thoughts are currently ..........
We need to get approval from ........
We estimate this will occur......

There you go! We folks on the APAC server doing half your job for you! AGAIN! Like that time a member actually took the time to do a survey for you! Which you have ignored!

But we here at APAC are always here to help.

Don't take this patronisingly.... and if you do... Then learn from it.

I await your forum discipline and or ban.... At least you'll be doing something!

Good night!

MyPetMonkey
03.06.2013 , 06:51 AM | #179
Oh wait.... Here's page 292 of the post for your reference....

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...34412&page=292

Just so you "can look into it" for another 6 months!

totherkins
03.06.2013 , 07:03 AM | #180
Dear BW/community team,

If you read this your game has taken dives in mid February, 1.2, then as of late new people have been coming to this game. I am sure you are well are of this btw.^^ This being said as far as content goes whether it is pve,pvp, or rping everyone is frustrated with the amount of time it takes for you guys to bring about the things we have wanted for a loooooonnnngggggg time. I know it has to be difficult to be developing a lot of content then get switched and told you need to do this.

On that point though understand what it is like for the people that have been here since launch. As far as pvp goes we have gotten 2 new wzs both quite entertaining...but in my opinion no wz will beat huttball. We got ranked warzones 6-7 months after the game came out with no elo system and you can only que with 8 people. Getting 8 people together is rather hard. Due to the lack of an elo system, new teams will face veteran teams and get beaten easily, which makes people not want to do ranked. Ranked in most servers don't happen and for the teams that already have high ranking on their server their isn't any reason for them to continue.

Server Transfers....you guys are able to copy characters to the pts and even send characters to other servers for a limited time and happens insanely fast which is awesome and it works rather well for the most part. But 30 something characters due to server merges and other things are pretty much just collecting dust and you guys keep saying we don't have the tech/it isn't working yet. And correct me if I am wrong but you have had it for well over 8 months and it works just fine. I am assuming the reason you are not releasing server transfers is due to a big portion of people going to a said server. So server A becomes insanely popular, whereas server B has a hard time doing things or is not having as much fun. At least this is thought process I am rationalizing.

Cross server ques- In my opinion this should only be done with a ladder system so the pro players can have their great competitive games. Whereas us average pvpers can have fun with same skilled players. This is needed sooner rather than later though. Patience is running thin for a lot of us sadly.

World PVP- Had some at game launch ended up abusing the system you had to scrap it and said you would come out with something much, much better a year later....we get what I hope is just the initial portion of BW's world pvp because honestly I have more fun running about in a planet causing a massive battle that lasts for hours.

From the world pvp standpoint, which you made "a lot" better and it took a while to come out. I kind of grimace to see what you have in store for the more competitive players. I for one am not asking you to drop 2.0 ASAP I am just curious on what future content is in the works, just so I and a lot of other players can sigh with relief knowing that the future content will not be "another mistake'.

I could continue about pve and RP, but I do not spend a lot of time on these aspects of the game even though they are/can be A LOT of fun!

Ultimately, I would like to thank you guys for putting up with all of the whiners(including myself). The fact that you guys are continuously putting out patches at an impressive time. That you guys are actually starting to respond to the forums more recently! Keep up the good work, looks promising.
Tötherkins - 50 tank Juggernaut
Ultimate Individual Class PVP Records 2.0
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...78#post6184878