Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to Land on Alderaan

Rankyn
02.26.2013 , 12:29 PM | #1
This problem started yesterday (or at least that's the first time I've tried to go to Alderaan since it started) and whenever I attempt to exit my ship on Alderaan, I get the "fly toward the planet" cutscene followed by a perpetual loading screen and I have to shut the game down.

This kept me from finishing a quest from the Gree event yesterday.

I've been able to travel to other planets and this problem doesn't seem to be restricted to one character.

Server: The Ebon Hawk
Ironically, I was able to reach Alderaan on the PTS with no trouble.

I've run a launcher repair multiple times to no avail.

Any thoughts?

Rankyn
02.27.2013 , 02:37 AM | #2
I've tried from other players' ships and I've tried with other players on my ship.
In both cases they load in normally but I'm stuck on the loading screen.

It does not appear that any character I've got can reach Alderaan.

I've run fixlauncher.exe and even reinstalled the launcher to no avail.

Rankyn
02.27.2013 , 12:30 PM | #3
After today's patch and more attempted repairs, I'm still unable to get to Alderaan.

I'd really appreciate some ideas for other things I could try.

Rankyn
02.28.2013 , 01:25 AM | #4
Other things I've since tried to no avail:

1) Left it at the loading screen for about 9 hours today. Was still there when I came home.
2) Deleted the .TOR files named Alderaan in the Assets folder and let the launcher re-download them.

I'm still locked out of Alderaan.

OwenBrooks
02.28.2013 , 01:33 AM | #5
When you say you ran repair this was the repair on the launcher itself after login (lower left cog) ?
It also pays to run it a few times to be certain, you can also check the file system by running chkdsk c: /f in a command prompt run as administrator. (if c: is the game location)
The fixlauncher.exe won't help with the issue you have.

Rankyn
02.28.2013 , 01:56 AM | #6
I've run fixlauncher and the repair function.

I'm running a file system check right now and I'll run a disk check overnight and see if it's found anything in the morning.

OwenBrooks
02.28.2013 , 02:25 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
I've run fixlauncher and the repair function.

I'm running a file system check right now and I'll run a disk check overnight and see if it's found anything in the morning.
Also try deleting the DIskCacheArena file located :\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\swtor

Rankyn
02.28.2013 , 11:59 AM | #8
I did this before logging in and finding out that a GM had moved a couple of my characters to Alderaan overnight.
I was able to log into both of those characters as well as land on the planet with a third.

So some combination of deleting the cache and GM intervention (I forgot to start the chkdsk last night) seems to have solved the problem.
For now, at least.

I'm disappointed that I missed out on the Gree quest with a step on Alderaan but at least I'll only have that one thing to do when the event comes back again.

Thanks for your help!