Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Increase Guild Cap Limit

Ziso
02.26.2013 , 07:07 AM | #1
Hi
Can you you look into increasing the guild cap limits. I was adding some new members yesterday and hit the 500 cap limit.
In our last game, Star Wars Galaxies, which we were in from 2005 to 2011 we also had a 500 guild cap limit but there you were only allowed a maximum of 2 characters per server. Here in Tor its 12 so it doesnt take out alot of working that a cap of 500 is quite low.

We manage our guild numbers the best we can, we remove members after 60 days of inactivity though due to the low cap but do not wish to go below 60 days.

We have no wish to make alt guilds as that would be a poor choice for the community we have and split the group, although we could speak in teamspeak its no ideal as the only option of chat. We encourage members to have all characters with us, so wether levelling up new alts, new to the game or with us for end game content, they all feel part of the guild but since being in Tor since launch and only recruiting via website and off official Tor server forum thread (dont use general chat ingame to spam) we are finding the 500 cap too low and we do not wish to put a cap on how many characters a member can have etc.

I read before that guilds are getting abit of love this year, can this please be one of the features looked at.

Journeyer
02.26.2013 , 07:13 AM | #2
Sounds like a good idea.
I'd personally love to see them add a way to list our "main," and then have alts listed indented under it, to better organize and keep track of everyone. But either way, the cap would have to go up; a few hundred unique members isn't necessarily an overly large guild, and with a few alts each.....
I make useful, game-expanding suggestions.
Holorancor | Food! | Outfit Storage | My Career | Ultimate PvE Solution

Avalanchehawk
02.26.2013 , 07:36 AM | #3
I too would like to see this raised.

Ziso
02.26.2013 , 08:09 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Journeyer View Post
Sounds like a good idea.
I'd personally love to see them add a way to list our "main," and then have alts listed indented under it, to better organize and keep track of everyone. But either way, the cap would have to go up; a few hundred unique members isn't necessarily an overly large guild, and with a few alts each.....
We sort of do this. As the ingame tools for guilds arnt very good at the moment (ie no email) and message of the day only allowed a certain amount of characters, we only accept membership once an application has been made on our website, as this way we can ensure all members have website/forum info and we have a calendar on homepage with all upcoming events listed and then on our events/signup forum, members can use this to sign up for ops etc.

As each member has a forum account, we add thier forum account to the ingame characters name, and also add the forum account to alt characters names in the "notes" or "officers notes" section.

With some people having many alts to try all the storylines,this is a very handy system i find

Aries_cz
02.26.2013 , 03:13 PM | #5
Releasing the cap would be nice.
As for alts, guild I am member of uses very easy system. Each Main has a Rank "Beast Rider", while all Alts have rank "Beast Alt" (so you can sort by rank and get all alt together). And by using Member Notes, it is easy to see whose alt it is and what is its role.
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd and Czech Alliance, Red Eclipse
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

Elrikee_Raath
02.26.2013 , 11:31 PM | #6
I couldn't agree more... Our guild constantly gets close to the guild member limit and we always have to get creative with our alts and members.

One of our officers, asked Bioware's developers about this back in Austin's cantina tour (recording here -listen around 5.05) only to be told that technical limitations prevent the increase of the cap.

Considering that one of the strongest points of the game is its story, it's not surprising that the majority of gamers have more than 1 toon. (if not more). While this is great, it limits guilds and organized play significantly.If we agree that being on any well-organized guild, increases the longevity of the game and the hours spent playing it since its easire to get into ops, guild events, FPs, etc, then raising the limit only makes sense.

_Viserys_
02.26.2013 , 11:36 PM | #7
Yes, please raise the member limit. If you want your game to grow, then allow well-established, large (and I mean very large) gaming communities use it recruiting power and positive, welcoming gaming community to push SWTOR's overall growth. That can't happen with a 500 member limit when each player has around 2-4 toons each.

Last time we asked this at one of your "cantina tours", we were basically laughed as if this is a non-issue. You're only hurting yourselves by not addressing it...

starlex
02.26.2013 , 11:55 PM | #8
Yes, please increase the guild member allowance. I belong to a casual guild that allows alts, as such we are easily pushing the 500 cap, but truely only have 150 or unique members. Since we are casual that usaually means only 30 -50 people online at any one time. It would be great to get a little more flexibility so that we could have slightly more people online at any given time.

AfroThunderLight
02.27.2013 , 02:00 PM | #9
I would also love to see this. I am more so a casual player and love having a large guild with plenty of people that I can meet and game with. With everyone's Alts and such a higher cap limit would make it a lot easier to include more people.

OSUclimber
02.27.2013 , 05:53 PM | #10
I too would like to see this raised. Although i am not an officer of the guild i am in, i know how much work it is to keep the guild trimmed to not reach that cap.