Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any progress on failed PTS character copies?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Any progress on failed PTS character copies?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ItchyThePenguin
02.26.2013 , 12:56 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
A number of people have tried this and their past failed attempts succeeded.

Log on to live and remove all your companions gear. All gear from every companion. Everything even customizations.

Store it in the Cargo bays, not in inventory.

Go and copy the character you just did all that on.

Many seem to have tried that and they now copy successfully.

After no less than 20 failed attempts to copy my main. After doing all that it copied this morning.
Well I'll be dipped! This actually worked! Don't know why companions seemed to cause the issue, but glad I'm finally copied over!
Jedi Guardian -- Miscreant (55)
Formerly of Mind Trick and Corellian Run -- Now of The Shadowlands

Quraswren
02.26.2013 , 01:30 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Miz View Post
This seems to be the ticket. I've been trying for days to copy my main and now he's been copied.

Quote: Originally Posted by ItchyThePenguin View Post
Well I'll be dipped! This actually worked! Don't know why companions seemed to cause the issue, but glad I'm finally copied over!
I was as shocked as you. Grats on it working.

See you on the test server but the credit isn't mine. Check the PTR forums for the guy/gal who came up with it.

recsa
02.26.2013 , 02:18 PM | #13
seems this trick doesnt work for every1

02.26.13 Tomb of Freedon Nadd Array Luzial 50 Open Public Test Failed
A long time from now, in a galaxy far, far away, fanbois will realize they hurt games they love in a way no troll could ever dream of.

renoxodus
02.26.2013 , 03:17 PM | #14
To be safe I removed all gear from my main and all companions and placed them in the cargo bay. I also removed everything from my inventory and placed in the cargo bay. Character copy worked first try after failing 50+ times.

Quraswren
02.26.2013 , 03:37 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by renoxodus View Post
To be safe I removed all gear from my main and all companions and placed them in the cargo bay. I also removed everything from my inventory and placed in the cargo bay. Character copy worked first try after failing 50+ times.
Interesting. I didn't have to remove the gear off my main but I could see if others are having trouble and just removing it off companions to give that a try too.

EricMusco
02.26.2013 , 03:46 PM | #16 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that we definitely have not forgotten about the character transfer issues currently on PTS. We are actively working on getting this fixed as fast as possible. As someone mentioned previously you can follow the directions in our community blog to auto-level a character to 55 and play around, but we certainly understand that you will want to play with your mains!

I will pass on more information as soon as I have it.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Sacery
02.26.2013 , 04:34 PM | #17
Hope you guys intent to work on the other problems too. Like the 12 character slot error and the error messages some other ppl get when they try to log in.
"Since Oct. 2008"

idnewton
02.26.2013 , 04:45 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that we definitely have not forgotten about the character transfer issues currently on PTS. We are actively working on getting this fixed as fast as possible. As someone mentioned previously you can follow the directions in our community blog to auto-level a character to 55 and play around, but we certainly understand that you will want to play with your mains!

I will pass on more information as soon as I have it.

-eric
Then http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...600585&page=16

The fix has been found, but I do not know if Customer Service is aware of it. Now you are.

Also, please note that there is one other issue preventing transfers.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 20
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +27,000

Ansalem
02.26.2013 , 09:01 PM | #19
could the failed char copy system have anything to do with the guild loading errors that some people are experiencing on the PTS? I know Death and Taxes members that made the transfer are unable to join or form a guild atm because it errors out and boots us to login screen and out of guild while resetting any progress that was made while online. Even using the work around people have been claiming helps I am unable to complete a server transfer.

(Workaround being stripping gear off self and all companions and sticking your inventory and all items into the cargo hold)

Ansalem
02.26.2013 , 09:02 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Then http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...600585&page=16

The fix has been found, but I do not know if Customer Service is aware of it. Now you are.

Also, please note that there is one other issue preventing transfers.
That is not a fix it is completely random. I am still unable to copy.