Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

8 Man Xeno HM not balanced..

Monoth
02.26.2013 , 12:43 AM | #1
It's a pretty bad balancing job by Bioware when 16 man HM Xeno is easier to do then 8 man HM Xeno... should be the other way around....
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

HoboWithAStick
02.26.2013 , 01:34 AM | #2
16 Man content is generally easier to do anyways when it comes to playing with skilled players. More then double the amount of Dps and not even double the health on bosses? Thats just silly, 16 man becomes less about difficulty and more about preparation and communication rather then personal skill.

Eshmael
03.01.2013 , 05:46 AM | #3
Oh 16m is genrally easier?
Would you please do Kephess in Denova NM with 16 players and lets talk about your experience in a few weeks?!

16m should be technically easier because: The lower FPS on many machines.
The more players to organize.
The more player to do a wipish failure.

If you would play 16m frequently you would not post such a thread. Because many fights aren't managed to be a proper challange. And a very long time you didn't even get double or even more loot than in 8m.

Arahakust
03.01.2013 , 01:50 PM | #4
What encounters are easier on 16?
-=Memories of Xendor=-

youtube.com/memoriesofxendor

mastirkal
03.01.2013 , 06:42 PM | #5
Almost all of them, the difficulty with 16 is coordination, the actual content is easier in comparison.

Haargh
03.02.2013 , 05:02 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshmael View Post
Oh 16m is genrally easier?
Would you please do Kephess in Denova NM with 16 players and lets talk about your experience in a few weeks?!

16m should be technically easier because: The lower FPS on many machines.
The more players to organize.
The more player to do a wipish failure.

If you would play 16m frequently you would not post such a thread. Because many fights aren't managed to be a proper challange. And a very long time you didn't even get double or even more loot than in 8m.
Theres a key in your post mate: 'The more player to do a wipish failure.'

Watching the 16 men guilds streaming the content just makes my eyes bleed. Theres always a 3-4 raider who makes the same mistakes, dying left and right, still most of the time they are able to kill the bosses. Thats just ridiculous. i Wouldnt go with this so called 'Hardcore' raiders to LI HM, not to Hard and nightmare operations for f sake. It always looks like that 12 ppl boosting another 4 through the content, without much wipes.
The Aldous Legacy

Rhienne/Rhíenne - Sage Healer - Inconsistency
Tergorn - Scoundrel Healer - Forsaken Gamers

Aurojiin
03.02.2013 , 11:54 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Haargh View Post
Watching the 16 men guilds streaming the content just makes my eyes bleed. Theres always a 3-4 raider who makes the same mistakes, dying left and right, still most of the time they are able to kill the bosses. Thats just ridiculous. i Wouldnt go with this so called 'Hardcore' raiders to LI HM, not to Hard and nightmare operations for f sake. It always looks like that 12 ppl boosting another 4 through the content, without much wipes.
This. 16-man guilds are always talking about how much harder certain encounters are, and perhaps they are right, but the video evidence sure lends credence to the idea that a great part of it is the difficulty of fielding 16 good players.

Hell, I don't think there are 16 good players on my server... even 8 is a stretch, and they're sure not in the same guild.

I still remember a video compilation of wipes on NiM SC&FB, and the entire first half of the fight was the Stormcaller tank losing aggro and the DPS getting gibbed. That's not the encounter being harder, that's your tank being bad.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

Mavery
03.02.2013 , 12:33 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by mastirkal View Post
Almost all of them, the difficulty with 16 is coordination, the actual content is easier in comparison.
Looks like someone has never done 16s before.

Very few fights are easier on 16. Anyone who says otherwise either hasn't done 16 or is lying to get attention.

Larry_Dallas
03.02.2013 , 01:20 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
This. 16-man guilds are always talking about how much harder certain encounters are, and perhaps they are right, but the video evidence sure lends credence to the idea that a great part of it is the difficulty of fielding 16 good players.

Hell, I don't think there are 16 good players on my server... even 8 is a stretch, and they're sure not in the same guild.

I still remember a video compilation of wipes on NiM SC&FB, and the entire first half of the fight was the Stormcaller tank losing aggro and the DPS getting gibbed. That's not the encounter being harder, that's your tank being bad.
Don't know about the video in question, but if, for instance, the Tank is a Jugg and 2 or more of the DPS are Pyros, Carnage Maras or another bursty high damage spec, it's nearly impossible to maintain threat with only one guard. Which is why I tank with a Van.

So if there was threat loss, might just be a class balance issue.

Another problem with 16 mans is that they can sometimes be lag city.

AshlaBoga
03.02.2013 , 01:36 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Mavery View Post
Looks like someone has never done 16s before.

Very few fights are easier on 16. Anyone who says otherwise either hasn't done 16 or is lying to get attention.
Only fight that comes to mind is Fabricator. Writhing Horror seemed a bit easier but that might have been because were overgeared when we got around to doing him on 16 man.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!