Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where to get my speeder, once the skill has been purchased?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Where to get my speeder, once the skill has been purchased?

CateLemnis
02.26.2013 , 12:27 AM | #1
Hey guys, I know this is probably really obvious but I can't find where to purchase(?) my first speeder bike on Dromund Kaas. I'm playing a Sith Marauder if that affect the location of the vendors.

Thanks for any help, or advice.

OwenP
02.26.2013 , 03:27 AM | #2
Not sure you can buy speeders on DK... Go to fleet and head to the vendors sector or travel to the likes of Tatooine which definitly has a vendor, and a different selection to fleet.
He's no good to me dead

Gidrea
02.26.2013 , 04:13 AM | #3
Speeder vendors are on the fleet (Ranks 1,2, & 3) Tatooine (Rank 1), Alderaan (Rank 1 & 2), Quesh (Rank 1 & 2), Voss (Rank 3). There are also speeders on the GTN that are adaptable to your piloting level.
Gidrea / Sallah / Amandageddon / Randava - The Harbinger

Shock and Jawa / Population Control - The family you chose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!

CateLemnis
02.26.2013 , 06:03 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenP View Post
Not sure you can buy speeders on DK... Go to fleet and head to the vendors sector or travel to the likes of Tatooine which definitly has a vendor, and a different selection to fleet.
Hmm, I'm not sure how far away I am from Tatooine (following the narrative) as yet but I'll check it out once I get there.

Quote: Originally Posted by Gidrea View Post
Speeder vendors are on the fleet (Ranks 1,2, & 3) Tatooine (Rank 1), Alderaan (Rank 1 & 2), Quesh (Rank 1 & 2), Voss (Rank 3). There are also speeders on the GTN that are adaptable to your piloting level.
Ah hah! Seems a bit strange to have to go to fleet to get a speeder but that's definitely my best bet for the moment. Thanks for the different locations too!

KBerling
02.26.2013 , 07:20 AM | #5
It's not like Knights of the Old Republic. Travel is not restricted by storyline. Once you have your ship, you can go to Tattooine right away if you wish.

Neo-Crusaders
02.26.2013 , 10:25 AM | #6
As our good friend posted above, you can get some speeders at these locations, you can also get one by buying the deluxe edition, inviting a friend to play SWTOR, who ends up subscribing, and there is another speeder that you can buy in the VIP Lounge.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd Server - Senshii - Vanguard, Kotarr - Jedi Guardian, Kuramah - Jedi Sentinel, Syin - Jedi Shadow, Rhuvann - Jedi Sage, Kendour - Commando, Gangam - Sith Sorcerer.
Feel free to ask for help or advice, either in-game or on the forums!

Gidrea
02.26.2013 , 10:27 AM | #7
Oh yes, I forgot about the Digital Upgrade! $5 in real money gets you a speeder that ranks up with you!
Gidrea / Sallah / Amandageddon / Randava - The Harbinger

Shock and Jawa / Population Control - The family you chose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!

Neo-Crusaders
02.26.2013 , 10:41 AM | #8
The Kurtob Alliance Speeder (which you get for inviting a friend) only needs level 1 speeder piloting and you get the 110% free already, so it's very money-efficient, and you get to play it with a friend.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd Server - Senshii - Vanguard, Kotarr - Jedi Guardian, Kuramah - Jedi Sentinel, Syin - Jedi Shadow, Rhuvann - Jedi Sage, Kendour - Commando, Gangam - Sith Sorcerer.
Feel free to ask for help or advice, either in-game or on the forums!

CateLemnis
02.28.2013 , 06:24 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by KBerling View Post
It's not like Knights of the Old Republic. Travel is not restricted by storyline. Once you have your ship, you can go to Tattooine right away if you wish.
I had a look at the galaxy map after I got my ship, if I'm reading it all correctly, I'm far too under-levelled to make Tattooine anything but a massive headache. And besides which, I'm enjoying having a strong narrative to follow, so I'm more than likely to stick to where the story takes me this time around at least.

Oh yes, I forgot about the Digital Upgrade! $5 in real money gets you a speeder that ranks up with you!
I feel like a real dolt for asking this but, where's the VIP lounge ... and how do I become a VIP? An auto-levelling vehicle sounds quite handy.

parmie
02.28.2013 , 06:47 AM | #10
You get VIP if you bought the deluxe version of the game, otherwise you can pay for a VIP pass with 1m credits

I'd check the GTN for speeders, some types are very common with cartel packs and can't be sold to vendors. You might find something cheaper than speeder vendors and it'll be one of those that you don't need to replace.