Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crew Skill Trainer Suggestion(s)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Crew Skill Trainer Suggestion(s)

Omegaboot
02.25.2013 , 10:59 PM | #1
Currently, the Crew Skill Trainers, other than Crafting Skill trainers, have nothing to do but stand around and hope you decide to change your crew skills, after you've picked them up for the first time. Furthermore, they're duplicated over a good many locations. This seems rather... inefficient.

My suggestion is that they could offer advanced missions for sale, much like the ones you can pick up through Mission Discovery. As another player mentioned, this could be a credit sink and help to stabilize the in-game economy.

Another option, not necessarily opposed to the first, is that they could offer advanced mats (purples, for example) for sale. Credit sink, again.

Does anyone have any other ideas for these trainers, and/or comments about the above suggestions?

Zorash
02.26.2013 , 02:24 AM | #2
Neither of these ideas remove money from the economy.

Let's look at your mission discovery idea. Let's say slicing missions sell for 40k on the GTN. Now with your idea the vendor sells it for 30k. All you really did was determine the max amount a slicing mission will sell for, which in this case would be 30k.

To remove money from the economy you need something unique.

Omegaboot
02.27.2013 , 05:29 PM | #3
Those were only potential uses for the trainers. Not something I've got my heart set on, really. If you have a better idea, let's hear it - I'm just sick and tired of seeing them standing around doing next to nothing.